U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:32 PM

300 posts, read 482,036 times

Advertisements

This is great for our state. It lets them know that we don't want illegals. Now what we need is for the government to pass a bill making it a federal law that say's no city's in the U.S. can give sanctuary to any illegals.

http://www.landlinemag.com/todays_ne.../071608-03.htm

Gov. Matt Blunt has signed a bill into law that calls for trucker-hopefuls in Missouri to prove they have a firm grasp of the English language to obtain a commercial driver’s license. It also outlaws “sanctuary” cities in the state.

Previously HB1549, the new law requires the written test to be offered only in English. Applicants’ ability to understand traffic signs and signals written in English also will be required. They will be prohibited from using interpreters while taking the test.

Supporters said they are concerned that people are allowed to drive trucks on Missouri roads without a command of the English language. They point out that federal regulations require applicants to be able to “read and speak the English language sufficiently” to get a CDL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 28 days ago)

9,064 posts, read 15,480,738 times
Hi Veiled Prophet,

You do this every time you get banned, you change your IP then re-login with another ID.

I know because you are the only vehiment poster in Immigration that also posts in:

Forum: Springfield - Branson area 07-12-2008, 10:19 AM

Beautiful Southwest Missouri

How long before you get banned this time? 3 times now,my advice is that you use your ID intelligently this time..

Everyone would be advised to take this poster Quirky Cynick as lightly as possible or maybe just ignore, they are illogical and are multiple banned. She knows it.

Last edited by Mach50; 07-17-2008 at 01:02 PM..

Old 07-17-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Hi Veiled Prophet,

You do this every time you get banned, you change your IP then re-login with another ID.

I know because you are the only vehiment poster in Immigration that also posts in:

How long before you get banned this time? 3 times now,my advice is that you use your ID intelligently this time..

Everyone would be advised to take this poster Quirky Cynick as lightly as possible or maybe just ignore, they are illogical and are multiple banned. She knows it.
Have no idea what you are talking about but I also post in other states and other forums. Really, I think you need to get a life and stop trying to find a conspiracy everywhere.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:07 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
That's excellent news!

Old 07-17-2008, 01:07 PM

I can tell by your posting style it is you VP. Anyways good luck this time, I'll be interestingly reading your posts.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That's excellent news!
It is good news isn't it? Yep, our state has finally come on board to understanding the harm that illegals do to a state and the cities therein.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:25 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Hi Veiled Prophet,

Veiled Prophet was a bit more incendiary than Quirky Cynic IMHO.

Besides: Mach50; you having an obvious bias in favor of illegal immigration places you in the crosshairs as well---------for harsh criticism.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Veiled Prophet was a bit more incendiary than Quirky Cynic IMHO.

Besides: Mach50; you having an obvious bias in favor of illegal immigration places you in the crosshairs as well---------for harsh criticism.
No doubt, honestly every time I step foot in here, I run the risk of being banned. Especially since a group here loves to report anyone for disagreeing with them. Thankfully no more negative reps for disagreements, I still have neg reps that say "you are wrong" "annoying" "trouble maker"...lol for disagreeing.

Hopefully this is not VP, because VP would stalk people from forum to forum.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:33 PM

Could we please get back to the topic of the thread I started here and stop with the conspiracies and whining?

Old 07-17-2008, 03:38 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
It is good news isn't it? Yep, our state has finally come on board to understanding the harm that illegals do to a state and the cities therein.

My son attends SLU and he recently told me that there are virtually no illegals there. Today I read in the Chicago Sun Times that our helmet head governor is going to request the National Guard go into Chicago because the gang violence is totally out of control.

Mr. IA sanctuary lover aka Mayor Daley is actually agreeing that it should be done. While fortunately, I do not live in Chicago I do commute to work there daily and even downtown is beginning to resemble a 3rd world country.

Chicago is broke from the cost of harboring IA's, the gangs, the drugs, the extraordinary birth rates, the graffiti and the highest sales tax in the nation (10.25) and isdragging the rest of Cook County into its IA loving financial abyss. It must be really taking a toll if dumb Dickie is beginning to panic. It's going to be an interesting couple of months.

Congratulations to MO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration