U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:28 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,564,739 times

Advertisements

we, my government, consistently does not enforce the law (its an under the table NAFTA with mexico) so the law becomes somewhat meaningless.
for this reason illegals post on CDF and openly expressed the question, what is this all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 09:10 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,050,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyesafire View Post
OK, here it goes........nobody that posts regularily on this forum is unaware of the role businesses play in the illegal immigration drama. We are aware, it is disgusting and we have talked ad naseum about what would be a good solution for it.

I wonder what was taught at the university that you attended that you believe that the us a) owes the world a place, because we were all immigrants at one point and b) we have room, money, jobs and infrastructure for everyone who would like to come.

It really shows a lack of maturity and/or respect toward another that you would be personally insulting by - a) berating me for being a newby (I'm assuming you were once a new member, right?), and - b) being extremely rude by making a hateful and even ignorant statement about some university that someone attended, neither the person or the universitIES being at all known to you.
No comment in my statement implied that I believe REGARDLESS of anything, or AT ALL COSTS, illegal immigrants should be entitled (?) to our full commitment and bended-knee services. Ridiculous. Was something in my statement directed at you? Because, if not, I am at a loss to understand why such a base reply was made. My statement was pointed at stereotypical indivuduals - they certainly do exist in large numbers - who don't CARE about looking at both sides of these human beings, or at all the facts, who show NO mercy, and who lack even the base characteristics of being just humane toward others. That there should, in addition to the - of course - NEEDED laws and overseeing, be even some tollerance exercised toward at least some of those who certainly ARE doing all they can to become legal citizens. Did you bother to notice that the example I used was of someone who - from START TO FINISH of leaving her country and coming to America, was going through the correct processes? I still believe that my comments regarding bigotry and prejudice and hatred are applicable so much of the time, and that such makes finding good solutions much more difficult. My reference to the U.S. being made up of people who originally brutalized others was directly relating to such hatred and blind ignorance that is often THE stumbling blocks of advance and betterment for ALL involved - including yourself.
In truth, you did nothing to dispell or even address some of those opinions. And the rude, personal comments... wow.
I don't have anything more to say to you.

There were several other posts and replies that did address the same or similar issues and problems of which I spoke, definitely all valid points to be made and/or discussed. And, I don't think anyone - myself included - is above learning more about such issues or being able to be influenced by hearing all points that are well made.

Concerning the post regarding the Hospital in Florida suffering from illegal health care expenses, that is a good and real example of the harm which can result from the "illegals", sure. That's a hard one, I would imagine, with people needing medical care whether legal/illegal/broke, etc... I definitely do not have the expertise or firsthand exposure/experience to really even address such an issue as that.

Again, I can't help but feel that the point I was making was almost entirely missed, by some...
Ah, so insults are permitted only if made by you and if they are made to stereotypical individuals? That may or may not exist? What a fabulous loophole you have made for yourself.

The truth is, while it must make one feel quite virtuous, kind hearted - and dare I say a little like Lord/Lady Bountiful? - to be against the mean ignorant haters of the world it is rather unworkable, isn't it? The us has only so much land available to live on, only so many non renewable resources, onlyl so many jobs, schools, hospitals, and yes money to go around. We cannot open the door to one and all without becoming an unfit ourselves....to wit a third world country.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:15 PM

37 posts, read 62,543 times
my goodness. those werent' insults in my post, and good grief at the analysis. your own attitude and remarks speak for themselves without any need on my part to comment. petty back and forths are a waste of time and non-productive. I wish you no ill will or anything else, and haven't any further inclination to respond ping pong style.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:32 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,178,465 times
The only 'humane treatment' I'm willing to offer is an air-conditioned plane ride to their country of origin and a couple of sandwiches to tide them over until they land. I can't afford to fly and I eat bologna and cheese sandwiches EVERY day, they will get a better trip than I can afford, and I'm a CITIZEN.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Irisheyesafire just what about the deportation process is inhumane?
They are not beaten, they are well fed and sheltered and in most cases are allowed to keep their ill begotten assets which many including myself feel should be confiscated to help pay the legal costs of deportation.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:10 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Irisheyesafire just what about the deportation process is inhumane?
They are not beaten, they are well fed and sheltered and in most cases are allowed to keep their ill begotten assets which many including myself feel should be confiscated to help pay the legal costs of deportation.
That the illegals get to keep their US purchased goods is disgusting at best.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:21 PM

6,013 posts, read 6,738,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another1 View Post
more or less, as long as your not bringing a bomb with you or that kind of stuff.
which doesent happen around there. brazil has never been to a war, and there are no terrorist attacks.
in fact i have never heard of any american that went to brazil on vacation and didn't like it.

brasil is different they crave money from wealthy countries, a cousin of mine from the caribbean was complaing about the number of americans settling in barbados and said that the reason why its so easy because they are wealthy. so i can imagine someone who wish to emigrate to a country of lesser stature than theirs and get citizenship with no hassles,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or