U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2008, 04:48 PM
 
300 posts, read 482,787 times
Reputation: 65

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Thank You.

Hopefully with the world equalizing and stabilizing, many who are here illegally will return voluntarily to their improved citizen country, look back and thank America for being a great sponsor. It will happen.

Much is owed to America for not throwing these people out a long time ago.
Why is it that the one worlder do gooders think that the world should be equal? That makes no sense at all and it shows what the one worlders are trying to do to this country. They don't want to see this country do better. NO, they want to see us down around them and the rest of the third worlders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2008, 04:49 PM
 
14,577 posts, read 7,547,957 times
Reputation: 8202
[quote=another1;4497919]its not a matter of thanking america, you see i would, if they had done something for us. we simply succeded because we exploited the system. quote]
Am I reading this correctly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2008, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,181,575 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by another1 View Post
its not a matter of thanking america, you see i would, if they had done something for us. we simply succeded because we exploited the system.
Am I reading this correctly?
I think so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2008, 05:00 PM
 
27,903 posts, read 33,556,386 times
Reputation: 4016
Quote:
Originally Posted by another1 View Post
its not a matter of thanking america, you see i would, if they had done something for us.
Your still here. Why have you not become a US citizen if you like it here or hate it back there? Then you wouldn't be able to exploit the system so well huh? By the way thanks for exploiting what we pay for I'm ecstatic about that....what was your address?...No never mind I'll just keep working so you can exploit me....you enjoy the free ride.

Get a grip if your looking for a country to do something for you....the "what have you done for me lately" attitude is a joke at best. Name another country that is going to do anything for you....well at least like it sounds to me....did you want free hand outs? Those are given when you are legal...I guess they forgot to tell you about programs like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2008, 05:01 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,243 posts, read 2,884,891 times
Reputation: 2946
Quote:
Originally Posted by another1 View Post
its not a matter of thanking america, you see i would, if they had done something for us. we simply succeded because we exploited the system. illegal imigrants are forced to take the scraps, as if the us gov forgets they are still people and deserve at the least minimal rights.

and its not a matter of just "up and at em boys, lets go back to brazil!"
life is MUCH worse there, ya it can be a rising economy, but rising from how low?
its only good to live there if you have a higher education degree, then youll be getting paid 5-20x more then a cashier, or someone that works on a clothes store etc.
which, at least for those that never leave the country, is quite impossible to aquire unless you are already born in a priviledged situation, such as a very rich family with high friendships etc.
America did provide the system that you claim to have exploited. You admit life here is far better than where you are from so there again, America has been good to you. I don't expect you to thank America, but you can at least give credit where credit is due. Programs for illegals nearly exceed programs for citizens and they receive the added benefit of not paying taxes while being allowed to draw financial and medical aid services. And what rights did you not receive while you have been here. It is obvious your freedom of speech is intact, because here you are talking to us now. Do you have a home, can you move freely around the country, can you take advantage of almost all of the same freedoms that we can. Yes, you can and obviously do. The only reason you can't take part in every nuance of American life is because you are in fact illegal. But I will also add that illegal aliens of your caliber should not be the target of the attack on illegals. My reason for that is you have obviously come here and made an effort to be a part of this country. You seem to have a great working knowledge of the English language and I am sure you are a student in a local school somewhere. The point is you are trying to do your part to be a part of this country while so many illegals do not. That is really all I would ask for from current illegal residents in this country. Do your best and try become a true part of our country. Learn the language of the land you are moving too. Become a productive member of our society and make the country a better place. If they would really strive toward those goals, I would have no problem with them staying. This country was built on the backs of immigrants from all over the world. The difference is they were forced to go through the system and become real citizens of our country. The current illegals are just going around the rules and doing as they please and that is the part that I truly have a problem with. By all means immigrate, but do it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2008, 05:04 PM
 
26 posts, read 32,866 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Another1 sounds like a great asset to America. I hope he becomes a legal American citizen one day.
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2008, 05:08 PM
 
27,903 posts, read 33,556,386 times
Reputation: 4016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
America did provide the system that you claim to have exploited. You admit life here is far better than where you are from so there again, America has been good to you. I don't expect you to thank America, but you can at least give credit where credit is due. Programs for illegals nearly exceed programs for citizens and they receive the added benefit of not paying taxes while being allowed to draw financial and medical aid services. And what rights did you not receive while you have been here. It is obvious your freedom of speech is intact, because here you are talking to us now. Do you have a home, can you move freely around the country, can you take advantage of almost all of the same freedoms that we can. Yes, you can and obviously do. The only reason you can't take part in every nuance of American life is because you are in fact illegal. But I will also add that illegal aliens of your caliber should not be the target of the attack on illegals. My reason for that is you have obviously come here and made an effort to be a part of this country. You seem to have a great working knowledge of the English language and I am sure you are a student in a local school somewhere. The point is you are trying to do your part to be a part of this country while so many illegals do not. That is really all I would ask for from current illegal residents in this country. Do your best and try become a true part of our country. Learn the language of the land you are moving too. Become a productive member of our society and make the country a better place. If they would really strive toward those goals, I would have no problem with them staying. This country was built on the backs of immigrants from all over the world. The difference is they were forced to go through the system and become real citizens of our country. The current illegals are just going around the rules and doing as they please and that is the part that I truly have a problem with. By all means immigrate, but do it right.

How much effort must one do to become legal ....No need to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2008, 05:16 PM
 
26 posts, read 32,866 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
America did provide the system that you claim to have exploited. You admit life here is far better than where you are from so there again, America has been good to you. I don't expect you to thank America, but you can at least give credit where credit is due. Programs for illegals nearly exceed programs for citizens and they receive the added benefit of not paying taxes while being allowed to draw financial and medical aid services. And what rights did you not receive while you have been here. It is obvious your freedom of speech is intact, because here you are talking to us now. Do you have a home, can you move freely around the country, can you take advantage of almost all of the same freedoms that we can. Yes, you can and obviously do. The only reason you can't take part in every nuance of American life is because you are in fact illegal. But I will also add that illegal aliens of your caliber should not be the target of the attack on illegals. My reason for that is you have obviously come here and made an effort to be a part of this country. You seem to have a great working knowledge of the English language and I am sure you are a student in a local school somewhere. The point is you are trying to do your part to be a part of this country while so many illegals do not. That is really all I would ask for from current illegal residents in this country. Do your best and try become a true part of our country. Learn the language of the land you are moving too. Become a productive member of our society and make the country a better place. If they would really strive toward those goals, I would have no problem with them staying. This country was built on the backs of immigrants from all over the world. The difference is they were forced to go through the system and become real citizens of our country. The current illegals are just going around the rules and doing as they please and that is the part that I truly have a problem with. By all means immigrate, but do it right.
ok im only going to reply to this post because it is the only one that seems to know what he is talking about. halfway. the others by the looks of it didnt even bother to read my original post.

its good to see that you understand that the united states means immigrants, and that you dont just generalize all immigrants into evil terrorist, criminals, or exploiters.

and about the comment i made about "exploiting" the system, it had nothing to do with "taking advantage of anyones good will"
it was about using the few resources that are left out of surveillance for instance.
construction work is one of the few jobs out there at the moment that isint so tight on immigration laws, and its that way for a reason. because if it was, there would be a gigantic piece of the construction market missing, because a huge percentage of the houses built today , had at the last a part of it built by immigrants.


and no i do not go around the country freely, and no i dont have benefits or programs.
if i am out driving and i get into an accident, or for any reason a cop pulls me over, he will instantly see that my ssn is missing in his registers, or he will notice that i have an accent, or anything of the sort. and suppose his not your friendly cop, and he decides to take me in for investigation, and there i go, deported. it has happened to a few people that i know.
and to be honest to you, i have never heard of any type of program or benefit that illegal immigrants get, none at all, name a few so i can use them because really what you said was completely ridiculous, a government that wants to deports the illegal immigrants, giving them benefits for staying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2008, 05:20 PM
 
27,903 posts, read 33,556,386 times
Reputation: 4016
This has got to be a troll or a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2008, 05:22 PM
 
26 posts, read 32,866 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Why is it that the one worlder do gooders think that the world should be equal? That makes no sense at all and it shows what the one worlders are trying to do to this country. They don't want to see this country do better. NO, they want to see us down around them and the rest of the third worlders.
oh im sorry for thinking that people are HUMANS, no matter if you are born in india or if your born on the presidential family of the USA.
oh, but am i wrong mr.quirky?
in your idea, some people are better then others?
wait a minute isint that what rasicm is all about? oh but no the us is past rascism! right?
maybe against blacks, but what about the rest?
allow me to remind you: IF YOU CAN READ THIS, IF YOU CAN REPLY, YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING!
you are made of the same stuff the homeless guy sleeping on a bench downtown is made of.
i dont see how anyone could have such a counter productive ideology, as to say that a unified world would be bad, how ridiculous, thats counter evolutionary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top