U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:30 PM

27,903 posts, read 33,419,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
He speaks english too well to be an illegal alien.

Exactly....starving for human interaction.

Stop feeding the troll everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 09:43 PM

26 posts, read 32,824 times
Quote:
He speaks english too well to be an illegal alien.
thank you for the compliment, which at the same time was an insult, but w/e (insinuating that illegal aliens are dumb... but calling me intelligent)

Old 07-17-2008, 09:50 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another1 View Post
thank you for the compliment, which at the same time was an insult, but w/e (insinuating that illegal aliens are dumb... but calling me intelligent)
Btw, how dare you violate the immigration laws by coming here when you were 8 years old...? Surely you had control over your actions and should have left immediately after your tourist visa expired.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:25 PM

26 posts, read 32,824 times
Quote:
Btw, how dare you violate the immigration laws by coming here when you were 8 years old...? Surely you had control over your actions and should have left immediately after your tourist visa expired.
haha FINALLY!
i was waiting for someone to realize that i came into the country at an age which i didnt have any choice, before they started flaming me and telling me to go back to my country.
and i still dont have that much of a choice, i am only 16 after all.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:39 PM

15,088 posts, read 16,932,393 times
Quote:
ok so im sitting here on my sofa, just taking a stroll through the net.

So what are you going to do next? I see that you have articulated your problems and hardships, but I don't see any solutions. Are you simply making a statement? Anyway, most, if not all, of your challenges are self-imposed. Interesting story, but what do you want us to do?

Old 07-17-2008, 10:41 PM

27,903 posts, read 33,419,281 times
Quote:
haha FINALLY!
i was waiting for someone to realize that i came into the country at an age which i didnt have any choice, before they started flaming me and telling me to go back to my country.
and i still dont have that much of a choice, i am only 16 after all.

Go to school. become an American citizen. Better yourself.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:09 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Another1 your story has touched me:

I will tell you something irmao, I was an illegal immigrant in Brazil for 2 years, I never had a problem people never minded about my "illegal" status, I even explained some federal polices why I was here, and I guess that you being from Brazil know that you can speak out of things honestly and openly and people won't judge you.

This world is wrong man, people are so confused and enslaved by patriotism and prisioners of nationalism that they don't recognize the fellow human being, they just see labels.

I believe that thanks to people like you and me, this world will be a better place someday, don't worry too much about what others think, God gave you a consciousness for you to use it.

vá sempre com o amor e a luz irmao, fica com deus

Old 07-18-2008, 12:10 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
What strikes me about the original post is how bad they had it, and then he left, but then he returned. I am confused . Eating garbage is pretty low and if its true my heart bleeds for him. But to go from eating garbage to being able to afford to travel to brazil and back again seems like life wasn't too bad.
Carrying cinderblocks for 12 hours to get 100 tax free dollars. What would that be if taxes were net after taxes? 140 bucks maybe? 12 bucks an hour for unskilled laborer.
Now lets assume that due to him taking that job that a legal citizen could not. Mostly because a legal has to pay taxes and so he would get the 12 an hour. Lets assume that now a legal is either unemployed or had to change trades.
This individual has a computer and time to post. He can afford the internet, and rent. Life must not be so bad.
Equal rights in this country really apply to legal residents even though we grant a good many benefits to illegals that neither pay for them nor earn them. All on the taxpayers back.
I don't look for gratitude but one might expect silence from one who takes and takes but returns nothing to the country that he now lives in.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:05 AM

1,238 posts, read 2,180,457 times
Quote:
its not a matter of thanking america, you see i would, if they had done something for us. we simply succeded because we exploited the system. illegal imigrants are forced to take the scraps, as if the us gov forgets they are still people and deserve at the least minimal rights.

and its not a matter of just "up and at em boys, lets go back to brazil!"
life is MUCH worse there, ya it can be a rising economy, but rising from how low?
its only good to live there if you have a higher education degree, then youll be getting paid 5-20x more then a cashier, or someone that works on a clothes store etc.
which, at least for those that never leave the country, is quite impossible to aquire unless you are already born in a priviledged situation, such as a very rich family with high friendships etc.
Yes, beating the system. You sound like a typical illegal. Get out of my country. We don't want you, or your family.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:19 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,967,537 times
Illegals are "forced to take the scraps"?? What - you call free medical care, free schooling, free welfare, free WIC, free food stamps, etc. "scraps"?

We give illegals everything, and then they spit on us in return, like the Mexicans screaming and yelling in the streets for their so-called "rights", waving another country's flag, and expecting US to pander to them.

The American people do not want illegal immigration, and we're tired of paying for people who shouldn't even be here - it's our government that won't stand up and do what's right. But, things are changing, state by state, city by city, and town by town.

If you think Brazil is better about "treating people equally", why not go back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or