Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 06:40 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
BS and anyone with a brain knows what you posted is an out and out lie because in this country parents, or legal guardians make the decisions for minors. Try again and you are showing you trolness so very well now.

Parents or legal guardians make the decision if they are here legally.
He already posted he is here illegally and thus does not get the same rights, remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 06:42 PM

299 posts, read 546,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post

Parents or legal guardians make the decision if they are here legally.
He already posted he is here illegally and thus does not get the same rights, remember?
Yes they do in that case, as has already been proven with other anchor kids that illegals dropped in this country for the anchor. You have no idea what you are talking about. They can take their child with them and there isn't a thing that child has to say about it.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:19 PM

26 posts, read 38,273 times
Quote:
Thank you AZ. He has shown himself to be a dumb one at that.
i believe you said your last post on this thread was back about 3 or 4 pages, what are you still doing here?

so since you cant say anything intelligent you just repeatedly call me a "troll"?

and parents choose for the minors as long as they are legal. that applies for american families. do a little research and ull see what im talking about is true.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Yes they do in that case, as has already been proven with other anchor kids that illegals dropped in this country for the anchor. You have no idea what you are talking about. They can take their child with them and there isn't a thing that child has to say about it.
An illegal alien does not have any way to become legalized or get any sort of visa by having a child in the US. Any child born in the US to a citizen of another country is not (contrary to common misperceptions) automatically a US citizen. It has a right to citizenship in its parent's country of citizenship, so it is a "dual national" and must choose one citizenship or the other by age 18. The parents can obtain a passport for their child from their home country and take their child to their own country with them.

Many people think having a baby in the US will get them citizenship (hence "anchor baby") or prevent their deportation, but niether is true. The hidden flaw in the notion of the "anchor baby" is not just that the child will have to be 21 to sponsor a parent's immigration. If the parent departs or is deported and leaves their child behind, that is abandonment. Parental rights can be terminated and the child taken by the state to a foster home. Since the child is no longer "their" child, the child cannot sponsor people who are not legally his/her parents!

Anyone who departs or is deported can take their child with them to their own country. That is their one and only right.

3 weeks ago http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4184740AAGTZv0

Old 07-17-2008, 08:12 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another1 View Post
its not a matter of thanking america, you see i would, if they had done something for us.
So your parents are able to own their own companies and have a home in this country and you have the nerve to say America (which includes Americans) has done nothing for you and your family. And you and pro-illegals wonder why your message may get lost on others.

Quote:
and its not a matter of just "up and at em boys, lets go back to brazil!" life is MUCH worse there, ya it can be a rising economy, but rising from how low? its only good to live there if you have a higher education degree, then youll be getting paid 5-20x more then a cashier, or someone that works on a clothes store etc.].

But if America is so bad... You can't have it both ways. Either we're the worse there is or we're not.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:25 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,428,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I strongly suggest that you leave the USA before ICE gets you---------things have tightened up against you illegal immigrants especially with the economy crashing.
I agree, I don't hate you, your race is of no concern to me. That fact that you are in my country illegally is the ONLY ISSUE. The only way you can work is to break MORE laws. The only way your parents are working is by stealing other legitimate citizens identities. It might seem like it hurts no one to those who do so, but it causes NO END of trouble for those whose information is stolen.

Go home before Immigration sends you there. I don't imagine an Immigration detention center would be very nice.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:28 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,428,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another1 View Post
An illegal alien does not have any way to become legalized or get any sort of visa by having a child in the US. Any child born in the US to a citizen of another country is not (contrary to common misperceptions) automatically a US citizen. It has a right to citizenship in its parent's country of citizenship, so it is a "dual national" and must choose one citizenship or the other by age 18. The parents can obtain a passport for their child from their home country and take their child to their own country with them.

Many people think having a baby in the US will get them citizenship (hence "anchor baby") or prevent their deportation, but niether is true. The hidden flaw in the notion of the "anchor baby" is not just that the child will have to be 21 to sponsor a parent's immigration. If the parent departs or is deported and leaves their child behind, that is abandonment. Parental rights can be terminated and the child taken by the state to a foster home. Since the child is no longer "their" child, the child cannot sponsor people who are not legally his/her parents!

Anyone who departs or is deported can take their child with them to their own country. That is their one and only right.
3 weeks ago If a illegal woman has a child on us sole? - Yahoo! Answers
If your basing your decisions on Yahoo Answers, then I suggest you find a better source. If you are indeed the age you say, you know VERY little of the reality in which you exist.

The wind has changed and illegal immigrants are having a harder time getting along here. I believe it will only get worse.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
If your basing your decisions on Yahoo Answers, then I suggest you find a better source. If you are indeed the age you say, you know VERY little of the reality in which you exist.

The wind has changed and illegal immigrants are having a harder time getting along here. I believe it will only get worse.
in my so far short life, i have gone through more hardships then you probrably will in your entire life, so dont talk about knowing your reality.
and what difference does it make where i get the information, if the information is true? since you have reliable sources, point me to where it says my statement is false.
and i see your point of it getting harder, but hopefully this election will change something, because if it doesent, this country wont stop going downhill as it currently is.
and if you think immigration is not directly linked to this huge fall in the economy, say what is and why.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:20 PM

299 posts, read 546,927 times
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk103/QuirkyCynick/0384NoWhining.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-17-2008, 09:28 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,605 times
He speaks english too well to be an illegal alien.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration