U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 PM
 
300 posts, read 481,903 times
Reputation: 65

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
You might try it, it could enlighten you.
I don't want the New World Oder or one world or the NASU or any other sh** like you liberals want. I want my country to stay sovereign. You want to love the UN and all of the other cr** they dish out then move to Europe and see how you like wearing a burka.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-17-2008, 06:47 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
I don't want the New World Oder or one world or the NASU or any other sh** like you liberals want. I want my country to stay sovereign. You want to love the UN and all of the other cr** they dish out then move to Europe and see how you like wearing a burka.
Move to Europe and wear a burka?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2008, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Western Mass.
605 posts, read 2,187,535 times
Reputation: 303
I think you are allowed to say 'crap' on here.

Yes, see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2008, 04:58 AM
 
25,346 posts, read 37,490,972 times
Reputation: 13268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Again: repeat after me:

Legal immigrants are welcome here

Illegal immigrants need to be deported post haste.
But do you know how much money it cost to get to stay here legally and how much time it takes....and it is only getting harder, not that I have trouble with background checks being very good taken care off.

A few years ago we had to pay a certain amount to our lawyer and to the consult, which is a few thousand dollars, than we were told that if we don't pay extra it would take months for the same process....so basically it is like you are paying extra on top of an increase which sounds like they would do in some countries in which you can't trust the government.

I wish that more was done about illegals since we had to pay so much to come here. I was in traffic court as a witness and was schocked how many illegals were there and couldn't speak one word of English and needed a translater. The judge asked them if they were aware that they could be taken in custody and transferred to the INS and deported...they all answered "yes" and after that, were free to go...., I was sitting there in schock...they have them in court and just let them go after being caught for a DUI.....I never expected that. They have the chance to do a background check and just let them walk out....!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2008, 05:02 AM
 
25,346 posts, read 37,490,972 times
Reputation: 13268
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Move to Europe and wear a burka?????
Yes it is true!!! Many muslims are walking around in Europe wearing their muslim outfits and are going to court if they aren't allowed to wear a scarf in class, at work, etc...even go to court if they are in medical school and don't want to touch the another man or womens hand. Even police officers are special trained to take their shoes off when entering a muslims house, etc... it is all going to be the other way around. Europeans are going to be the strangers in their own country. Hard to believe but unless you have lived there, you wouldn't know. I wish it was a night mare and wake up but it is true and a night mare. Don't let it happen here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2008, 05:21 AM
 
Location: Western Mass.
605 posts, read 2,187,535 times
Reputation: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Yes it is true!!! Many muslims are walking around in Europe wearing their muslim outfits and are going to court if they aren't allowed to wear a scarf in class, at work, etc...even go to court if they are in medical school and don't want to touch the another man or womens hand. Even police officers are special trained to take their shoes off when entering a muslims house, etc... it is all going to be the other way around. Europeans are going to be the strangers in their own country. Hard to believe but unless you have lived there, you wouldn't know. I wish it was a night mare and wake up but it is true and a night mare. Don't let it happen here.
Nightmare - shock, horror, aaaarrrgh!!!

Are you serious? This must be the most over-dramatized post I've read all morning. "Strangers in their own country!" - this is absolutely and utterly ridiculous - it's a million light years away from the truth and is typical of the sensationalist nonsense spouted by the few (thankfully small) ultra-far-right political parties that themselves are far more of a social problem than anything else in Europe - the fact that these parties have gained little political traction in their countries just goes to show how tiny an issue this is for the majority of the population.

Last edited by tonrob; 07-18-2008 at 05:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2008, 07:02 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Yes it is true!!! Many muslims are walking around in Europe wearing their muslim outfits and are going to court if they aren't allowed to wear a scarf in class, at work, etc...even go to court if they are in medical school and don't want to touch the another man or womens hand. Even police officers are special trained to take their shoes off when entering a muslims house, etc... it is all going to be the other way around. Europeans are going to be the strangers in their own country. Hard to believe but unless you have lived there, you wouldn't know. I wish it was a night mare and wake up but it is true and a night mare. Don't let it happen here.
Yet in Turkey hajibs and especially burkas are essentially illegal in that Muslim nation. Talk about irony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2008, 07:04 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
But do you know how much money it cost to get to stay here legally and how much time it takes....and it is only getting harder, not that I have trouble with background checks being very good taken care off.

A few years ago we had to pay a certain amount to our lawyer and to the consult, which is a few thousand dollars, than we were told that if we don't pay extra it would take months for the same process....so basically it is like you are paying extra on top of an increase which sounds like they would do in some countries in which you can't trust the government.

I wish that more was done about illegals since we had to pay so much to come here. I was in traffic court as a witness and was schocked how many illegals were there and couldn't speak one word of English and needed a translater. The judge asked them if they were aware that they could be taken in custody and transferred to the INS and deported...they all answered "yes" and after that, were free to go...., I was sitting there in schock...they have them in court and just let them go after being caught for a DUI.....I never expected that. They have the chance to do a background check and just let them walk out....!
Here in Arizona the authorities are coming down hard on the illegals-------I can see the change in just the last 12 months
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2008, 07:30 AM
 
300 posts, read 481,903 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Here in Arizona the authorities are coming down hard on the illegals-------I can see the change in just the last 12 months
You can see it in OK also. It is a good thing. Now MO is starting to come down harder, not quite hard enough in my opinion, but it is having a small affect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2008, 07:35 AM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,968,433 times
Reputation: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonrob View Post
Nightmare - shock, horror, aaaarrrgh!!!

Are you serious? This must be the most over-dramatized post I've read all morning. "Strangers in their own country!" - this is absolutely and utterly ridiculous - it's a million light years away from the truth and is typical of the sensationalist nonsense spouted by the few (thankfully small) ultra-far-right political parties that themselves are far more of a social problem than anything else in Europe - the fact that these parties have gained little political traction in their countries just goes to show how tiny an issue this is for the majority of the population.
It's quite the truth. They are being overrun by Muslims, as we are being overrun by Mexicans.

And, at least in this country, we are NOT "a few ultra far-right" people - 80% of us want illegal immigration STOPPED.

The NY Times doesn't know how to separate legal from illegal, just like every other liberal newspaper. They act as if enforcing our own laws is a bad thing. Ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top