U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2008, 08:47 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,661,646 times
Reputation: 2983

Advertisements

[quote=sassyone;4524848]
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

If there were NO jobs, they would not make a decision to risk their lives to come over here in the first place. Is it possible for the employer to know ahead of time who is legal and who is illegal? If you were an employer would you know by looking at their documents if in fact they were illegal?
I do not blame the Illegals for trying to make hopefully a better life for themselves and their families.
I'm not sure I follow you....FIRST, it's not the illegals' fault for coming here (because they only come to work)....NEXT, it's not the employers' fault, either (because they can't tell the legal status of those they hire, anyway)....so whose fault IS it?.....(or is there any 'fault' at all ?)....

It seems to ME, that if the illegals "can't help themselves" from coming...and if the employers "can't help themselves" from hiring them....and if the Border Patrol "can't do anything" either...then there's nothing left but LAND MINES !!

Pretty depressing scenario you've laid out there, Sassyone....I sure hope you're wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2008, 09:33 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,742,612 times
Reputation: 223
[quote=macmeal;4525257]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post

I'm not sure I follow you....FIRST, it's not the illegals' fault for coming here (because they only come to work)....NEXT, it's not the employers' fault, either (because they can't tell the legal status of those they hire, anyway)....so whose fault IS it?.....(or is there any 'fault' at all ?)....

It seems to ME, that if the illegals "can't help themselves" from coming...and if the employers "can't help themselves" from hiring them....and if the Border Patrol "can't do anything" either...then there's nothing left but LAND MINES !!

Pretty depressing scenario you've laid out there, Sassyone....I sure hope you're wrong...
I for one blame the employers that hire them, they would not come if there was not a job for them, but on the other hand, is it fair to blame said employer if the documents they are shown look valid. They most likely would say that the papers looked genuine to them. Our government basically have put immigration on the short list because they have too many other problems to take care of, and not doing too well at that.
When did I say the border patrol could not do anything? I see the buses daily on their trek to Tucson and back to Nogales, this is daily.
I never said there is not a problem with immigration, but I really do not feel that our government and even a new administration will do anything to change what they have sat back and watched happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 11:37 AM
 
197 posts, read 232,351 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Again: repeat after me:

Legal immigrants are welcome here

Illegal immigrants need to be deported post haste.
In fact, a significant part of our new legal immigrants come in the from of
anchor children, said to be between 3-5 million each year, our friends from SOB re-discovered Monctezuma's revenge, they have made this system very effective and grows exponentially every year, HORALE VATOS !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 11:42 AM
 
1,368 posts, read 1,634,858 times
Reputation: 1111
[quote=macmeal;4525257]
and if the Border Patrol "can't do anything" either...then there's nothing left but LAND MINES !!
quote]

I support this solution, as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:01 PM
 
1,162 posts, read 1,552,325 times
Reputation: 1159
Coming across the border without permission is against the law, no matter WHAT the reason for crossing might be....
It does not matter if you come into the U.S. illegally to sell drugs, commit rape, commit murder, pick fruit, roof houses, mow lawns, lube cars, dig ditches or grow dope in our National Parks.....If you cross the border with out permission you are an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT!
Coming to the U.S. for a "better life" does NOT justify breaking the laws of the very place that will make your life better. How does eroding the laws, ignoring the laws make the U.S. a better place anyway?
We obviously need to close the "anchor baby" loophole.....only children born to legal immigrants are (should be) naturally born U.S. citizens....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:32 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,727,377 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
In fact, a significant part of our new legal immigrants come in the from of
anchor children, said to be between 3-5 million each year, our friends from SOB re-discovered Monctezuma's revenge, they have made this system very effective and grows exponentially every year, HORALE VATOS !!!
Whiskey tango..............anchor children are children who are born in the US to illegal alien parents. The parents use them as a conduit to tap into the generous US benefit system. Once there is an anchor in the family it them becomes more difficult to deport the parents. Any attempt to do so typically leads to madre and padre calling La Raza or MALDEF who then begin screaming about 'breaking up families', etc., etc. If a minor is brought to the US illegally they are not an anchor because they are not a US citizen, just as their parents are not US citizens. I believe there are approx. 300,000 to 400,000 anchors born each year in the US (unfortunately for the US taxpayer), the number is nowhere near 3 to 5 million. If it were, every hospital in the US would have closed because of illegal alien deadbeats not paying their bills.

Montezuma's Revenge is a name for traveler's diarrhea, also known as the Aztec Two Step. I don't think traveler's diarrhea is responsible for the anchor babies born in the US each year.

Your plan to take over will result in nothing but the US being turned into a Third World dump, just like the place you folks could not wait to get away from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,321,820 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Your plan to take over will result in nothing but the US being turned into a Third World dump, just like the place you folks could not wait to get away from.
Or dead and there are plenty Americans who are more than willing to take care of the situation by any means necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:51 PM
 
197 posts, read 232,351 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Whiskey tango..............anchor children are children who are born in the US to illegal alien parents. The parents use them as a conduit to tap into the generous US benefit system. Once there is an anchor in the family it them becomes more difficult to deport the parents. Any attempt to do so typically leads to madre and padre calling La Raza or MALDEF who then begin screaming about 'breaking up families', etc., etc. If a minor is brought to the US illegally they are not an anchor because they are not a US citizen, just as their parents are not US citizens. I believe there are approx. 300,000 to 400,000 anchors born each year in the US (unfortunately for the US taxpayer), the number is nowhere near 3 to 5 million. If it were, every hospital in the US would have closed because of illegal alien deadbeats not paying their bills.

Montezuma's Revenge is a name for traveler's diarrhea, also known as the Aztec Two Step. I don't think traveler's diarrhea is responsible for the anchor babies born in the US each year.

Your plan to take over will result in nothing but the US being turned into a Third World dump, just like the place you folks could not wait to get away from.
I am against illegal immigration, anchor children are full blooded american
citizens, with all the rights and responsibilities, and they command our respect.
"Montezuma's revenge" is a metaphor that you can use at will, for whatever you beleive it fits. "Travelers" diarrhea is usually an inflammatory
insult to the small intestine's mucosa commoly caused by Shigella, Salmonella or E Coli's species.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,321,820 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
I am against illegal immigration, anchor children are full blooded american
citizens, with all the rights and responsibilities, and they command our respect.
"Montezuma's revenge" is a metaphor that you can use at will, for whatever you beleive it fits. "Travelers" diarrhea is usually an inflammatory
insult to the small intestine's mucosa commoly caused by Shigella, Salmonella or E Coli's species.
The only reason that the anchor babies are considered citizens is because of the misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment. In reality and truth, they are no more American than their parents, the illegals.

Guess what? They command nothing, especially respect. They are here for one single purpose and no other, to make it easier for their illegal parent(s).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 01:00 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,713,577 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
In fact, a significant part of our new legal immigrants come in the from of
anchor children, said to be between 3-5 million each year, our friends from SOB re-discovered Monctezuma's revenge, they have made this system very effective and grows exponentially every year, HORALE VATOS !!!
It's actually órale vatos - órale is like "alright" or "come on" and vato is "dude" or "guy." Mexican slang. "Orale" is Spanglish from the 1950's or so.

You are just not right.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "full-blooded American" as American is not an ancestral designation, but a geographical designation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top