Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 07:27 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times

Advertisements

A company that owns 11 McDonald's restaurants in Nevada was fined one million dollars Wednesday after pleading guilty to employing 58 illegal immigrants.

The company, Mack Associates Inc., knew the employees were illegal immigrants and had offered them names and social security numbers belonging to other people, the US Justice Department said.

The company pleaded guilty in federal court in Las Vegas to conspiracy to encourage and induce an alien's unlawful residence in the United States and aiding and abetting an alien to remain in the country, the department said.

The company's director of operations also pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting an alien to remain in the country.

And the former vice president of Mack Associates pleaded guilty to inducing an illegal alien to remain in the United States and faces a possible sentence of up to five years in prison and a 250,000 dollar five.

About 30 of the illegal workers have returned to their native countries while the rest were allowed to stay in the United States until the case closes.

McDonald's franchisee fined 1 mln dlrs for hiring illegal immigrants

Yeeeeeeee Hawwwww . . . . the hammer continues to fall. Wow I could get used to repeating that phrase. I'm lovin this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 07:34 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Hit um where it hurts.

Frankly thats outrageous, I am shocked that Mickey D's would involve themselves like that. Its one thing to hire someone you suspect is illegal but has their information in order.

It would be nice if the people whose identities were stolen could come forward and sue McDonalds, that might have more impact then just fining them 1 mil. That sounds like alot of money to us but thats pennies to MDs.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:35 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
A company that owns 11 McDonald's restaurants in Nevada was fined one million dollars Wednesday after pleading guilty to employing 58 illegal immigrants.

The company, Mack Associates Inc., knew the employees were illegal immigrants and had offered them names and social security numbers belonging to other people, the US Justice Department said.

The company pleaded guilty in federal court in Las Vegas to conspiracy to encourage and induce an alien's unlawful residence in the United States and aiding and abetting an alien to remain in the country, the department said.

The company's director of operations also pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting an alien to remain in the country.

And the former vice president of Mack Associates pleaded guilty to inducing an illegal alien to remain in the United States and faces a possible sentence of up to five years in prison and a 250,000 dollar five.

About 30 of the illegal workers have returned to their native countries while the rest were allowed to stay in the United States until the case closes.

McDonald's franchisee fined 1 mln dlrs for hiring illegal immigrants

Yeeeeeeee Hawwwww . . . . the hammer continues to fall. Wow I could get used to repeating that phrase. I'm lovin this!
I'm stunned. How could el presidente jorge, all of the scumbag Republican employers of illegals and the US chamber of commerce let this happen? Oh yeah. Could these have been Democratic employers of illegals who don't have the protection of the WH and the US chamber of commerce?

Old 07-16-2008, 07:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Hit um where it hurts.

Frankly thats outrageous, I am shocked that Mickey D's would involve themselves like that. Its one thing to hire someone you suspect is illegal but has their information in order.

It would be nice if the people whose identities were stolen could come forward and sue McDonalds, that might have more impact then just fining them 1 mil. That sounds like alot of money to us but thats pennies to MDs.

I'm not shocked because it's often difficult to find an English speaking worker at a McDonalds, more and more you're required to point to what you want and you can forget going through the drive-throughs.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
1 million dollars for 58 illegals seems on the low side to me. Just add up the cost to the victims of identity theft, the medical and healthcare provided these workers by the American taxpayers because surely McDonalds wasn't going to bring in illegals only to provide them health care insurance. And add in the costs of public schools, free day care, food stamps, WIC and housing assistance provided these and any former employees who were able to retire once they gave birth.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm not shocked because it's often difficult to find an English speaking worker at a McDonalds, more and more you're required to point to what you want and you can forget going through the drive-throughs.
That's because the illegals have stolen the jobs from American senior citizens and teens. Maybe now the teens in Las Vegas can work and save for college.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:11 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Good, I hope businesses large and small will also be targeted and punished for this type of behavior.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
I'm stunned. How could el presidente jorge, all of the scumbag Republican employers of illegals and the US chamber of commerce let this happen? Oh yeah. Could these have been Democratic employers of illegals who don't have the protection of the WH and the US chamber of commerce?
The greed and corruption encompasses both parties. I'm just happy that the arrests, fines and prosecutions are finally picking up momentum. If this keeps we just might get our country back.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:20 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well of course, they hire illegals but to supply them with falsified, stolen identities it over the top.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:26 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,332,493 times
1 million for a McD's franchisee, ah no it ought to be around 1 billion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration