U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:36 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,737,812 times

Advertisements

Immigration Policy Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 11:55 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,178,106 times
Once again we see the comparisons made between 'native' and 'foreign-born' without regard to legal status.

Can't really say I'm surprised...

Old 07-18-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Once again we see the comparisons made between 'native' and 'foreign-born' without regard to legal status.

I somehow did not think you would agree

Old 07-18-2008, 12:06 PM

300 posts, read 482,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post

It never changes at all. Somehow they think we are so stupid as to accept the fact that LEGAL immigrants are the same as ILLEGAL immigrants. I really don't understand why they think we would fall for the same crap as they do.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:29 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,839,403 times
So they have one big crime - entering another country illegally - then they commit other crimes such as getting fraudulent or stealing SS cards, using forged paper license plates, getting 'wink-wink' car inspection emmissions stickers at the barrio gas station, buying fake car insurance cards from the macaderos on the corner, overcrowding houses in violation of occupancy codes, illegally parking etc..

Then how about not reporting cash income to the IRS? Would you attempt such a thing sassy?

Old 07-18-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
So they have one big crime - entering another country illegally - then they commit other crimes such as getting fraudulent or stealing SS cards, using forged paper license plates, getting 'wink-wink' car inspection emmissions stickers at the barrio gas station, buying fake car insurance cards from the macaderos on the corner, overcrowding houses in violation of occupancy codes, illegally parking etc..

Then how about not reporting cash income to the IRS? Would you attempt such a thing sassy?
Read the Post, anything that does not add up to what you want, you dismiss. The Illegals are not made out of the same mold, they are not all criminals and no, I do not think that coming here for a better life is a crime

Old 07-18-2008, 12:39 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,839,403 times
So I want to just go to another country for a better life they should just let me break the law?

Old 07-18-2008, 12:53 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,028,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
... no, I do not think that coming here for a better life is a crime
So breaking Federal laws to you is not a crime. Where then do you draw the line? Is robbing a bank "to feed your family" also not a crime? Is identity theft "to put food on the table" not a crime? Are you in the same category as the pro-illegal poster who answered same that he would break any U.S. law extant for his family with the possible exception of murder?

I question the morality of someone who puts the rights of U.S. citizens, both born and naturalized, WAY behind those of law-breakers, and doesn't rejoice in our country as a sovereign state with its own laws. I live amongst illegals, and can vouch for the verity that they continually break law after law after law, since they got away with a biggie. They come to where I live, L.A., to work the system not to work. Perhaps if half of your paycheck was depleted to pay for services to illegals with their entrenched criminal mindset (services which citizens never get) you might begin to understand. I have never met nastier people than the illegals in Los Angeles. They are self-centered and heedless of the rights of anyone outside of those from their "home country."

Old 07-18-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
So I want to just go to another country for a better life they should just let me break the law?
Sure, just pick the country and go, but it should be within walking distance like the migrants do.
I would love their perception of the American Dream is, I'm not sure if most American Dream is, this country has changed and not for the better.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:56 PM

300 posts, read 482,320 times
I wonder if sassyone thinks that robbing a bank is just an undocumented withdrawal? What do all of you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration