U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:05 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,912,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
This I will say:

The one thing that worries me is innocent people of any race/ethnicity who look stereotypically 'Hispanic' getting caught in the crossfire ------Indians (both American and East), light skinned 'Blacks' (our Benicar's son is an example), Middle Easterners, Filipinos and many other Asians as well as generic swarthy 'White boys' of any ethnicity. BTW: I am White so I can use that mild 'anti-white' slur to make a point.
ITA. It is not fair to those who are legal or are natural born citizens. You would think the LaRaza-esque types would recognize this and stop lumping them all together. Of course if they did that, it would be more than obvious that they are shielding illegal aliens; the tax dollars would shrink substantially and their stance diminished substantially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 08:12 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
"The atmosphere was very hostile to anyone who wanted to oppose the ordinance,"
People are obviously getting very annoyed with this nuisance. Wonder how long it will be before it gets terribly ugly.
I have noticed the same. I fear if our economy continues to slide, this will escalate from annoyance to violence.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have noticed the same. I fear if our economy continues to slide, this will escalate from annoyance to violence.
Agreed. Americans for the most part are generous by nature . . .those marches and the cultural clashes taking place in towns and cities all over this country are slowly awakening/breeding angry American mobs.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:33 AM

300 posts, read 482,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. Americans for the most part are generous by nature . . .those marches and the cultural clashes taking place in towns and cities all over this country are slowly awakening angry mobs.
The illegals have asked for the problem and they are the ones who woke the giant.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:25 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Very much so.

Precedent has been set many times in history------usually despite the cries of 'racism' (on all sides); the real culprit tends to be the economy as you stated.

Along those lines: when the birthrate hovers around 2 children per woman------ a lot of the warmongering/mob mentality dissipates due to the dearth of 'cannon fodder'.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:44 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,800,370 times
I'm so glad most americans don't have fantasy filled violence like some do on here.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I'm so glad most americans don't have fantasy filled violence like some do on here.
Is the death of the young man on the other thread a "fantasy?"

Old 07-19-2008, 10:02 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
For the sake of the violent illegals, yes.

Otherwise; it would be open season.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
This I will say:

The one thing that worries me is innocent people of any race/ethnicity who look stereotypically 'Hispanic' getting caught in the crossfire ------Indians (both American and East), light skinned 'Blacks' (our Benicar's son is an example), Middle Easterners, Filipinos and many other Asians as well as generic swarthy 'White boys' of any ethnicity. BTW: I am White so I can use that mild 'anti-white' slur to make a point.
Very true, and quite disturbing.

Fortunately, he doesn’t have his driver’s license, so I don’t have to worry about him being alone. I don’t even allow him to ride his bike unless he rides with other boys. If he’s with me and someone makes the mistake of entertaining the thought of harming him; I dare say, they will receive a rude awakening.

Last edited by Benicar; 07-19-2008 at 10:25 AM..

Old 07-19-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
The illegals have asked for the problem and they are the ones who woke the giant.
Agreed. Can you imagine breaking and entering into a country and thumbing your nose at every single one of it's laws?

If they had any sense at all they would connect the dots and realize that they are the problem and no matter where they run, they can't hide from themselves. Change comes from within.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or