U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2008, 04:11 PM
 
Location: KY
285 posts, read 792,334 times
Reputation: 66

Advertisements

Legal immigration is fine that is what our country was made of to prosper. Illegal however is just that. It's breaking the law. However I will say that since our President has not addressed this problem in getting secure borders we are just putting a bandaid on a severed artery. Guess who keeps paying for it us the taxpayers. Remember this when you vote this Nov.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2008, 06:19 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Illegal immigrants are the perfect distraction from America's bigger, growing problems.
They look different, speak a different language, they're "stealing our jobs", they are invaders, they are "anti-American" and "racist".
And they are very much in our presence.
Judging from a lot of your posts you speak on generalizations. This is just another example. If illegals were really stealing our jobs then why has unemployment remained stagnant through out the years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 10:12 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,067 times
Reputation: 10
Talking Illegal Immigration

I spoke to a Mexican guy, his parents came here from Mexico. He explained that they had to go through strict standards to get citizenship. He also explained that most of the Illegal Immigrants coming from Mexico are criminals in Mexico too. He is opposed to illegals and thinks they should close the border. You know it's bad when their own people are opposed to them. I know several that are opposed, he is just one.

FACT: If an American goes to Mexico and commits a crime, that American will be in there for a long long long time.

Now they are giving Illegals felonies too, so by supporting illegal immigration you are feeding the US corruption and harboring criminals. All illegals, not just Mexicans. Just so happens a majority of them are coming from Mexico.
If you don't understand then maybe you should go to another forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 10:38 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllForOne View Post
I spoke to a Mexican guy, his parents came here from Mexico. He explained that they had to go through strict standards to get citizenship. He also explained that most of the Illegal Immigrants coming from Mexico are criminals in Mexico too. He is opposed to illegals and thinks they should close the border. You know it's bad when their own people are opposed to them. I know several that are opposed, he is just one.

FACT: If an American goes to Mexico and commits a crime, that American will be in there for a long long long time.

Now they are giving Illegals felonies too, so by supporting illegal immigration you are feeding the US corruption and harboring criminals. All illegals, not just Mexicans. Just so happens a majority of them are coming from Mexico.
If you don't understand then maybe you should go to another forum.
Imagine that an American citizen of hispanic descent who isn't a racist. Wow, the shock of it . . . NOT. I'm not surprised. I'm sure hispanics who have no dog in the fight of illegal immigration (i.e. mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, spouses and others here illegally) are ticked off at having gone through the process and expense of coming here legally, assimilating and becoming honorable citizens only to be deliberately lumped into the criminally insane population of those primarily from Mexico and other parts of S. America by LaRaza, anchor babies and the rest of the parasitic racist population of their ethnicity.

I have only met one US citizen of Mexican descent who gets angry when we discuss illegal immigration. Unfortunately she is an employee where I work. She gets ticked off and blames America for having laws that penalizes her illegal alien husband. She blames the laws of America for him being here illegally and unable to work. Yet this moron is thinking of getting pregnant again because she and the illegal alien who she is financially, emotionally and mentally being drained by wants her to have another baby and continue working to support all 4 of them on her minimum wage housekeeping salary.
She's mulling it over . . . . .

Anybody else see the insanity here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 05:07 PM
 
Location: US
3,074 posts, read 3,336,186 times
Reputation: 1621
Whether you believe it or not, President Bush does not have the power to whisk out a pen and do away with abortion or illegal immigration. Take a look at his efforts to get the Comprehensive Illegal Immigrant Reform Act of 2007 off the ground/back on the table, even criticizing members of his own party to make it happen. This bill was sponsored by John McCain and Ted Kennedy, and Obama sponsored legislation to kill the act. Bush was ready to sign it. I guess Obama's sort of for it now since it makes up some of his positions on illegal immigration.

Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 - Congresspedia

The immigration reform act was an excellent starting place, even though it legalized 12 million immigrants, which I am not crazy about, because there's just no end, but it was a starting place. McCain pulled out as he was starting his campaign. Democrats didn't want it because it said English would be the main language of America. Do some other research and see what Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer, Obama and one other democrat whose name I can't remember wanted to do.

Take a look at the video Californio posted on this forum. You're concerned about securing the borders? Obama thinks to do so is a waste of money. I hope you'll consider that when voting this November. We do agree, though, that illegal immigration is just that--illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilo0854 View Post
Legal immigration is fine that is what our country was made of to prosper. Illegal however is just that. It's breaking the law. However I will say that since our President has not addressed this problem in getting secure borders we are just putting a bandaid on a severed artery. Guess who keeps paying for it us the taxpayers. Remember this when you vote this Nov.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 07:06 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Imagine that an American citizen of hispanic descent who isn't a racist. Wow, the shock of it . . . NOT. I'm not surprised. I'm sure hispanics who have no dog in the fight of illegal immigration (i.e. mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, spouses and others here illegally) are ticked off at having gone through the process and expense of coming here legally, assimilating and becoming honorable citizens only to be deliberately lumped into the criminally insane population of those primarily from Mexico and other parts of S. America by LaRaza, anchor babies and the rest of the parasitic racist population of their ethnicity.

I have only met one US citizen of Mexican descent who gets angry when we discuss illegal immigration. Unfortunately she is an employee where I work. She gets ticked off and blames America for having laws that penalizes her illegal alien husband. She blames the laws of America for him being here illegally and unable to work. Yet this moron is thinking of getting pregnant again because she and the illegal alien who she is financially, emotionally and mentally being drained by wants her to have another baby and continue working to support all 4 of them on her minimum wage housekeeping salary.
She's mulling it over . . . . .

Anybody else see the insanity here?
You have not let your fingers do the walking and let ICE do the deporting??
Ah yes that is where the insanity begins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 07:18 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Reputation: 76
Hey Jorge.

I'm an American of Mexican descent. I do not advocate open borders. I do not advocate illegal immigration. I am a racist, we all are to a certain degree. I am also prejudice, we all are to a certain degree. Does this surprise you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Imagine that an American citizen of hispanic descent who isn't a racist. Wow, the shock of it . . . NOT. I'm not surprised. I'm sure hispanics who have no dog in the fight of illegal immigration (i.e. mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, spouses and others here illegally) are ticked off at having gone through the process and expense of coming here legally, assimilating and becoming honorable citizens only to be deliberately lumped into the criminally insane population of those primarily from Mexico and other parts of S. America by LaRaza, anchor babies and the rest of the parasitic racist population of their ethnicity.

I have only met one US citizen of Mexican descent who gets angry when we discuss illegal immigration. Unfortunately she is an employee where I work. She gets ticked off and blames America for having laws that penalizes her illegal alien husband. She blames the laws of America for him being here illegally and unable to work. Yet this moron is thinking of getting pregnant again because she and the illegal alien who she is financially, emotionally and mentally being drained by wants her to have another baby and continue working to support all 4 of them on her minimum wage housekeeping salary.
She's mulling it over . . . . .

Anybody else see the insanity here?
I do.. I see posts about americans being racists and anti-hispanic.
Why would anyone be angry?
Lets see:
Illegals are forcing legals out of work ie taking food from our mouths.
Illegals are demanding special rights and treatment.
Illegals don't bother topay their fair share they instead leach off the system driving our taxes up.
Illegals bring with them disease and expose our citizens to them.
Illegals actually have the nerve to then stage protests against america..
Now the hispanic part of it. We are singling them out. Hello what ethnic group accounts for the massive majority of illegals? Would it be swedes? NOOO would it be Irish???????NOOOOO Would it be people from spain??? NOOOOOOOOO Would it be people from South ofthe border?? I know thats just a coincidence. Compounding the issue is the enablers within the hispanic community who not only act as facilitators but as hosts.
We hear that it is all corporate america's fault. They own a large share of blame. That is true.
What about the Illegals themselves wh knowingly violate our immigration laws? What about the illegals who steal identities? What about the illegals who commit the various crimes including theft, rape, murder, drug dealing/smuggling, and prostitution?
Yet the pro-illegal crowd will insist that illegal immigration is a victimless crime. NOW THAT IS INSANITY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 07:48 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I do.. I see posts about americans being racists and anti-hispanic.
Why would anyone be angry?
Lets see:
Illegals are forcing legals out of work ie taking food from our mouths.
Illegals are demanding special rights and treatment.
Illegals don't bother topay their fair share they instead leach off the system driving our taxes up.
Illegals bring with them disease and expose our citizens to them.
Illegals actually have the nerve to then stage protests against america..
Now the hispanic part of it. We are singling them out. Hello what ethnic group accounts for the massive majority of illegals? Would it be swedes? NOOO would it be Irish???????NOOOOO Would it be people from spain??? NOOOOOOOOO Would it be people from South ofthe border?? I know thats just a coincidence. Compounding the issue is the enablers within the hispanic community who not only act as facilitators but as hosts.
We hear that it is all corporate america's fault. They own a large share of blame. That is true.
What about the Illegals themselves wh knowingly violate our immigration laws? What about the illegals who steal identities? What about the illegals who commit the various crimes including theft, rape, murder, drug dealing/smuggling, and prostitution?
Yet the pro-illegal crowd will insist that illegal immigration is a victimless crime. NOW THAT IS INSANITY.
Great post and of course ITA with every single word of it.

You would have to be a racist idiot in denial of the reality of the sheer numbers of Mexican nationals who are destroying American while commiting heinous crimes on a daily basis.

Imagine that. It only took 2.5 sentences to describe every crybaby poster on this board who is on the illegal aliens side of this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2008, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Hey Jorge.

I'm an American of Mexican descent. I do not advocate open borders. I do not advocate illegal immigration. I am a racist, we all are to a certain degree. I am also prejudice, we all are to a certain degree. Does this surprise you?
Not at all! Thanks for finally admitting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top