Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:00 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,150,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Not at all! Thanks for finally admitting it.
Benicar, you're also a racist and have your prejudices. It's hard built into us. It's there whether you like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 12:19 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,501,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Benicar, you're also a racist and have your prejudices. It's hard built into us. It's there whether you like it or not.
Please speak for yourself! It’s true, we all have our prejudices. However, I am NOT a racist. There's a HUGE difference between the two. You are welcome to be a racist; but don't assume simply because you are, others are as well. It may be "built into" you, but I certainly did not have racism instilled in me. I was not raised to hate people simply due to their race, creed, or color. I'm sorry to hear that you were.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:32 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,150,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please speak for yourself! It’s true, we all have our prejudices. However, I am NOT a racist. There's a HUGE difference between the two. You are welcome to be a racist; but don't assume simply because you are, others are as well. It may be "built into" you, but I certainly did not have racism instilled in me. I was not raised to hate people simply due to their race, creed, or color. I'm sorry to hear that you were.
I don't like to think of myself as a racist either, but its true. All humans are racist to a certain degree. You should brush up on your psych.

Yeah I'm a person of color raised to hate other people of color . Racism is basically a negative prejudice.

You can start here: The Psychology of Racism in America

Last edited by Californio; 09-07-2008 at 12:43 AM..

Old 09-07-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
I don't like to think of myself as a racist either, but its true. All humans are racist to a certain degree. You should brush up on your psych.

Yeah I'm a person of color raised to hate other people of color . Racism is basically a negative prejudice.
You really have no idea what you're talking about. We are not all racists. I don't know what type of twisted indoctrination you have received, but it's unhealthy. Obviously, you and I were raised quite differently. You were raised to hate, whereas I wasn't.

Insisting that I must be a racist because you are, is as ridiculous as if you were to tell me that I must like peanut butter. Don’t tell me what’s in my heart. You can only speak for yourself.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:

You can start here: The Psychology of Racism in America
Again; you really don't know who I am. Please spare me.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:34 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,009,932 times
Speaking for myself: yes; I do have my prejudices-------------pro and con against especially certain cultures.

Case in point: I hold inner city ignorant Blacks in contempt-----------but, a Black person from the UK I (subconsciously) perceive as being English and my feelings towards that person change dramatically due to my positive prejudices in favor of Brits.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:13 AM

2 posts, read 2,426 times
At first I was ignorant or naive' and felt sorry for all of these illegal aliens, but my opinion has drastically changed. I don't understand them at all. They come to America to live, or should I say "to live at the expense of others," and they still go on yelling about how great Mexico, El Salvadore, etc. etc. is as they wave the flags of their home country. I mean, these are the countries these illegal aliens risked their lives to escape from, am I correct? These countries were so bad that they walked thousands of miles to escape? Yet they complain about being here. Let's just cut out all of the crap in between. I'm sick of these illegal aliens and how they leech off of our country. I just wish that it was possible to round up all 11 million or so illegals and ship them back across the border and force them to wait their turns and apply to enter this country legitimately. Of course this is practically impossible. It would be much easier to apply extremely stiff penalties against those that hire these illegals. If they insist on hiring them, then they should be forced to pay all of their medical bills, excessive housing expenses, and any other expenses that drain on the American economy.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:53 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,009,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWASR View Post
At first I was ignorant or naive' and felt sorry for all of these illegal aliens, but my opinion has drastically changed. I don't understand them at all. They come to America to live, or should I say "to live at the expense of others," and they still go on yelling about how great Mexico, El Salvadore, etc. etc. is as they wave the flags of their home country. I mean, these are the countries these illegal aliens risked their lives to escape from, am I correct? These countries were so bad that they walked thousands of miles to escape? Yet they complain about being here. Let's just cut out all of the crap in between. I'm sick of these illegal aliens and how they leech off of our country. I just wish that it was possible to round up all 11 million or so illegals and ship them back across the border and force them to wait their turns and apply to enter this country legitimately. Of course this is practically impossible. It would be much easier to apply extremely stiff penalties against those that hire these illegals. If they insist on hiring them, then they should be forced to pay all of their medical bills, excessive housing expenses, and any other expenses that drain on the American economy.
For me the 'tipping point' against those insolent illegal immigrant lawbreakers was 2006 with their 'rights' rallies while flying the Mexican flag.

Bad PR at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration