U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2008, 10:58 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,087,598 times

Advertisements

nope, a murder is a murder, and these teenagers should go to jail for a long time, but that being said, I really don't give a damn about this story. hundreds of people die every day in this country. this is only "news" because he happened to be a criminal alien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Most americans don't view the illegal immigrants like some of these posters do . Most of the posters here are so hateful to the point that they rejoice when something bad like this happens, a dead or murdered illegal is better than a live one to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 11:03 AM

608 posts, read 881,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
nope, a murder is a murder, and these teenagers should go to jail for a long time, but that being said, I really don't give a damn about this story. hundreds of people die every day in this country. this is only "news" because he happened to be a criminal alien.
There is hope. Thanks

Old 07-20-2008, 01:47 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,060,069 times
Quote:
Most americans don't view the illegal immigrants like some of these posters do . Most of the posters here are so hateful to the point that they rejoice when something bad like this happens, a dead or murdered illegal is better than a live one to them.
Where are you seeing rejoicing over this illegal immigrant being killed? What I have seen is people acknowledging it is wrong and those that committed the crime should be punished. I also see people saying they are not shocked that the tension created from the continued infiltration of illegal immigrants during an economic downturn has resulted in this type of atrocity and this will unfortunately not be an isolated incident (will likely increase as this issue goes ignored). Before you go on and on about how hated illegal immigrants are, why donít you spend some time at threads like Will Blacks Riot or Black in America. The U.S. has enough issues, I canít understand why everyone thinks we have to take on the issues of Mexico and other countries as well.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:57 PM

231 posts, read 122,188 times
Quote:
They are perfectly okay with it and they'll give you reasons to justify it. That is why i always say their oppositions goes way being them being illegal.
Something tells me if Luis Ramirez was Seamus O'Malley, there would be a lot more sympathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
I also see people saying they are not shocked that the tension created from the continued infiltration of illegal immigrants during an economic downturn has resulted in this type of atrocity and this will unfortunately not be an isolated incident (will likely increase as this issue goes ignored).
Maybe that's the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Except in this instance when a gang of white savages kills a law abiding family man who happens to be brown.
I think you have to be in this country legally to be a law-abiding citizen.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:00 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You aren't accomplishing much of anything. Mexico will not improve by a few bleeding hearts visiting now and then, it will improve when people living there create good jobs, educate the people, bring stability and work to make the needed cultural changes. A two week visit once in a while won't do much of anything.
Since you have no information, you cannot make a logical statement on what is going on in Mexico to help their citizens. I would think you would be happy, they are there and not here.
You have no idea of what is being done in Mexico, and if is helping people in their own country, you should have no gripe or worry yourself about it,
no one is asking you for anything.

Last edited by sassyone; 07-20-2008 at 02:13 PM..

Old 07-20-2008, 02:08 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,924,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Hate crime or not, the killing has exposed long-simmering tensions in Shenandoah, a blue-collar town of 5,000 about 80 miles northwest of Philadelphia that has a growing number of Hispanic residents drawn by jobs in factories and farm fields.

An investigation continues, and no charges have yet been filed, but police say as many as six teens were involved in the fight, which ended with Ramirez in convulsions and foaming at the mouth. He died early Monday of head injuries.

Immigrant beaten to death in Pa. - Crime & courts - MSNBC.com

Looks like the anger is spilling over and the violence has begun . . . . .
I don't think anybody is "ok" with this, to respond to the posts. It is a very, very sad and tragic end to a person's life. I wonder why there have been no charges filed. The people who killed this young man should be put in jail.

However, it does speak of the growing problem of illegal immigration, and the animosity towards those who have come here illegally.

Justified? NO WAY! This young man should still be alive and those who killed him should be in jail.

But this is a growing problem in this country, and one that should be dealt with so more people aren't hurt or killed. Our government and the greedy employers that entice these people into the U.S. should be severely fined or imprisoned. I'm totally against illegal immigration but taking a person's life is horrible.

My opinion on this young man's death? Deplorable and disgusting. My heart goes out to his family.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:14 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,924,989 times
Quote:

Not me, nor do I think most posters here wish that. I find it disgusting when a human life is obliterated.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:03 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Yeah, I bet you are. Except in this instance when a gang of white savages kills a law abiding family man who happens to be brown. You're not fooling anyone dude, you're no advocate of equal justice.
Try again:

Illegal immigrants do not have the same rights as green card holders let alone US citizens-----no matter their race/ethnicity.

In that regard: you are correct; I am no advocate for 'equal justice' for someone who is already here illegally.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,761 times
We might want to hold off on blaming this on anti-immigrant sentiment until we know how many non-immigrants in Shenandoah die in brawls.
Just a thought.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:15 PM

6,011 posts, read 6,727,687 times
how many americans are killed by people in mexico
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration