U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Major Metro
1,083 posts, read 2,059,755 times
Reputation: 353

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Especially since he took them all completely out of context and did not post where most of us said we did not condone what had happened and were sorry. Blacknight is a spinmeister, just not very good at it at all.
The strategic cut and paste was done to make it seem like the whole lot of us are spewing hatred, which is not true. Notice the blatant refusal to acknowledge that many posters specifically stated that what happened was wrong. Sure there are bigots that happen to support illegal immigration. They may also support other issues I support like capital punishment, pro-choice, or how the war is being handled. Itís the way it is. I won't be made to feel guilty for not supporting illegal immigration no matter how you spin it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:07 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
The strategic cut and paste was done to make it seem like the whole lot of us are spewing hatred, which is not true. Notice the blatant refusal to acknowledge that many posters specifically stated that what happened was wrong. Sure there are bigots that happen to support illegal immigration. They may also support other issues I support like capital punishment, pro-choice, or how the war is being handled. Itís the way it is. I won't be made to feel guilty for not supporting illegal immigration no matter how you spin it.
Oh please, those were the comments you and your group did, and if it was not hatred what would you call it, a lack of concern for another human being?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Major Metro
1,083 posts, read 2,059,755 times
Reputation: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Oh please, those were the comments you and your group did, and if it was not hatred what would you call it, a lack of concern for another human being?
You don't have a single quote from me espousing violence or hate. However, I really don't care how you feel about things. You have the least credibility of all of the pro-illegal supporters on this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:22 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Oh please, those were the comments you and your group did, and if it was not hatred what would you call it, a lack of concern for another human being?
That's a good start. "Lack of concern" and "hate" are two very different things. I think you'll find the true 'haters' to be a lot rarer than those who simply 'lack concern'....that description could fit many people...depending on just what it is that one is expected to be 'concerned' about, and why the concern seems to be lacking...

"Hate"? That's a whole different category. Interesting you should bring this up.

Do you ALSO now see that there's a difference, as well, in those "objecting to illegal immigration", and in those "wanting to keep people from working, and wanting to tear families apart"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:29 PM
 
Location: suburbia
595 posts, read 2,485,816 times
Reputation: 230
Are we suppose to feel any more sympothy for this one illegal man than we do for the countless amount of times an illegal kills an American citizen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:31 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What is wrong with you people? Someone gets beaten to death and it's the illegal immigrants fault?
No not the immigrants fault. Its the fault of those who did it. As many know I am as anti illegal as many here. That said we have laws in place to take care of the illegal problem. Are they enforced as well as we would like? NO but that is not the point. An individual was killed and in a brutal manner. There are no excuses, no apologies that can reduce whats happened.
Illegals stealing jobs from legals will cause anger and tension. When you steal food from anothers table there will be fall out. The illegal if they were illegal should be turned into the authorities. WE should never ever physically harm them. Angry as they can make us, we must always stand on the moral high ground. To do this we must obey the laws best.
Knight you are correct. There are no excuses for this violence. Yes the illegals do cause the attitudes against them by cheating our system and demanding special treatment, but by no means does this justify what happened. We have laws, we have law enforcement agencies to contend with illegals. Our job and only job is to alert the authorites and allow them to do their jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:32 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Are we suppose to feel any more sympothy for this one illegal man than we do for the countless amount of times an illegal kills an American citizen?
Apparently so. The killing of this unfortunate man was an act of 'savagery', while crime committed by illegals is 'not really a major problem'.

Or so we're told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:36 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No not the immigrants fault. Its the fault of those who did it. As many know I am as anti illegal as many here. That said we have laws in place to take care of the illegal problem. Are they enforced as well as we would like? NO but that is not the point. An individual was killed and in a brutal manner. There are no excuses, no apologies that can reduce whats happened.
Illegals stealing jobs from legals will cause anger and tension. When you steal food from anothers table there will be fall out. The illegal if they were illegal should be turned into the authorities. WE should never ever physically harm them. Angry as they can make us, we must always stand on the moral high ground. To do this we must obey the laws best.
Knight you are correct. There are no excuses for this violence. Yes the illegals do cause the attitudes against them by cheating our system and demanding special treatment, but by no means does this justify what happened. We have laws, we have law enforcement agencies to contend with illegals. Our job and only job is to alert the authorites and allow them to do their jobs.
Very well said, with tact and diplomacy...(though I suspect that Blacknight probably really knew this already). At any rate, thanks for explaining things....even if some of us aren't listening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Are we suppose to feel any more sympothy for this one illegal man than we do for the countless amount of times an illegal kills an American citizen?
NO... But we should feel a moral outrage that this individual was beaten to death. Just as we feel a moral outrage towards illegals that commit crimes while here.
In my book those who did this act are no better no worse than illegals who do the same.
For macmeal:
I don't feel a great concern for illegals who get deported and lose their jobs. They played a game knowing that this is a very real possibility. They rolled the dice and lost.
The familes being torn apart:
Its a sad reality that when a criminal is caught that often the family is seperated from the criminal. Illegals are criminals. That comes with the terretory.
I do pity the children as they are innocent with no choice in the matter.
I also pity the children of legal residents and citizens who lost their jobs so that illegals could work here and employers could pocket more profits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:44 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
NO... But we should feel a moral outrage that this individual was beaten to death. Just as we feel a moral outrage towards illegals that commit crimes while here.
In my book those who did this act are no better no worse than illegals who do the same.
For macmeal:
I don't feel a great concern for illegals who get deported and lose their jobs. They played a game knowing that this is a very real possibility. They rolled the dice and lost.
The familes being torn apart:
Its a sad reality that when a criminal is caught that often the family is seperated from the criminal. Illegals are criminals. That comes with the terretory.
I do pity the children as they are innocent with no choice in the matter.
I also pity the children of legal residents and citizens who lost their jobs so that illegals could work here and employers could pocket more profits.
"Gambled and Lost" is an excellent analogy. While concern for one's fellow man is always there, still it must be admitted that even an illegal who's been here 5 years, and finally DOES get deported, is WAY ahead of the average Third World resident who may have wanted to come here, but just never got that chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top