U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2008, 07:56 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
"Gambled and Lost" is an excellent analogy. While concern for one's fellow man is always there, still it must be admitted that even an illegal who's been here 5 years, and finally DOES get deported, is WAY ahead of the average Third World resident who may have wanted to come here, but just never got that chance.
Is ther some unwritten law that says that we owe them a chance? Why is it that the USA is expected or as some might feel required to absorb the worlds poor? We are in no position to accept such a burden.
Thailand made this mistake in reference to Burma refugee's. They are paying a heavy price for this miscalculation. Thai factories are hamstringed by the Burma workers. If they feel like leaving early in mass they do. If they feel like not working they don't. If an employer repremands one they all walk off the job. Other factories are in the same boat so they will hire these individuals that very day.This is reality. I know because I visited such a factory in april.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 08:32 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Unfortunately, Macmeal . . . it is an art form for many to "pick and choose" comments out of context and twist them to mean just about anything.
Yes, certain people have developed the ritual of twisting other people's words to suit his needs, steering the conversation totally O/T and when they run out of excuses for the IA's criminal acts and know they are losing the debate they resort to lying on the OP and those who are not IA sympathizers. Then when called on their BS, magically they disappear or send in the next IA lover/attacker in the cue.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:04 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I see your point: I phrased my post badly------my error

Rosa Parks: who will be the one individual that symbolizes our struggle against MEChA and its handmaidens?
Waaaaa waaa waaa.......you compare the struggle of middle class Americans(mosly white) against..illegal immigration to the civil rights movement of Black Americans?

"Our struggle"?

Give me a break.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear;4522995[B
]Smile when you say that: it may be the Blacks who will issue a 'call-to-arms' against the illegals------and, many of the White, etc. folks will help.[/b]

Suffice to say: I hope to God that Washington defuses the impending situation with anti illegal immigration laws similar to Arizona, Oklahoma, etc.-------and, enforces them.
This is almost patronizing, Azbear.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
While all of the quotes you singlede out were certainly callous, and certainly in poor taste, and certainly insensitive, angry, and 'cold', I'd stop short of saying these were attempts to "justify his death". That's a big assumption on your part, it seems to me.
You got to be kidding me.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
We just did. The fact that she has a dead fiancee doesn't justify her having 3 kids, 2 baby daddies and no job . . . . she is what she is . . . .trash by any other name is still trash.
It takes trash to know trash, huh?

Wow, I completely missed this thread. This was a big one.
More of you are starting to show your true colors.

No matter what anyone says, there is no justification for something like this. I think I'm more disgusted and surprised by some of your reactions than I am by the crime itself.

Cry all you want, America is not "going hungry". You people do not have it bad at all.
Things are tough, but I doubt anyone here is really hanging on a string or anything. Nobody got pushed to do this.

To claim this wasn't a race or hate motivated killing is bull. Sounds like those bumpkins are covering it up.

I hope those teen hicks enjoy the Pennsylvania prison system. Hopefully they'll meet some of the more diverse prison system before they join their Nazi gang.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Where in the OP's article was the race of the assailants stated?

For all we know: they may have been Black.

Besides: some of the most anti illegal immigrant types on this particular Forum are Black--------so, be veeeery careful of using the 'White' race card.

Yeah, right.

You know if they were black the media would be all over it, talking about that Mexican-Black war that was so 4 months ago.

These were some good ol' boys who did this. It's clear in the article.

Regarding "Besides:", does that mean the Black posters on here are capable of this? Does that mean any of the "anti illegal immigrants" are capable of this? I wouldn't make that connection between anti illegals and cowardly murderers if I were you.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:33 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
It takes trash to know trash, huh?

Wow, I completely missed this thread. This was a big one.
More of you are starting to show your true colors.

No matter what anyone says, there is no justification for something like this. I think I'm more disgusted and surprised by some of your reactions than I am by the crime itself.

Cry all you want, America is not "going hungry". You people do not have it bad at all.
Things are tough, but I doubt anyone here is really hanging on a string or anything. Nobody got pushed to do this.

To claim this wasn't a race or hate motivated killing is bull. Sounds like those bumpkins are covering it up.

I hope those teen hicks enjoy the Pennsylvania prison system. Hopefully they'll meet some of the more diverse prison system before they join their Nazi gang.
Frankly, I can't relate to perpetual breeders with multiple baby daddies. I'm sure if you ask your mama she knows all about that subject though, then again having lived it you already have first hand knowledge.

As for whether or not Americans are going hungry, illegals and their anchors are taking food from the mouths of poverty stricken American children. That being said, America's tax dollars and jobs are for Americans, not ungrateful, hostile illegal alien squatters.

More importantly and what really matters is why you cowards known as Mexican Nationals are loyal to a country that starves, murders and mistreats its "brown people", and its okay. Funny thing about you folks, once you illegally cross the borders of America you grow a big ole pair of cohunas that gives you the courage to demand things you aren't entitled to while screaming racist at every White American you encounter. Ever hear the phrase charity begins at home? Oh wait I forgot . . . the members of the White Mexican oligarchies are not charitable people. . . . that? is your bad not America's.

You come here with all your bravado demanding housing, civil rights, education, food stamps, and citizenship but you leave home with your tails tucked between your legs and your self esteem so low you trip over it with each step you take stumbling to make it across the desert, while risking life and limb to invade a country that you are not wanted in, all in the name of a free ride courtesy of the American tax payers. How pathetic is that?

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-20-2008 at 11:54 PM..

Old 07-20-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Frankly, I can't relate to perpetual breeders with multiple baby daddies. I'm sure if you ask your mama she knows all about that subject though, then again having lived it you already have first hand knowledge.

As for whether or not Americans are going hungry, illegals and their anchors are taking food from the mouths of poverty stricken American children. That being said, America's tax dollars and jobs are for Americans, not ungrateful, hostile illegal alien squatters.

More importantly and what really matters is why you cowards known as Mexican Nationals are loyal to a country that starves, murders and mistreats its "brown people", and its okay. Yet you feel empowered once you invade America you grow pair that gives you the courage to scream racist at every White American you encounter.

You come here with all your bravado demanding housing, civil rights, education, food stamps, and citizenship but you leave home with your tails tucked between your legs and your self esteem so low you trip over with each step you take while stumbling to make it across the desert, while risking life and limb for a free ride courtesy of the American tax payers. How pathetic is that?
You are ridiculous, lol.
You talk about my mom knowing nothing about her. But just from your posts, I'd believe you when you say that you really dont know anything about "that subject". I'm pretty sure you don't have children, because to assume that would be to assume the unthinkable , which is a scary thought, and just doesnt seem very likely...or pleasant.
Then again, technology has come along way...

As for the rest of your rant, I can't decide if you think youre psychic and know everything you are talking about, or just plain screwy. Its actually a lose-lose situation for you.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:04 AM

300 posts, read 481,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Oh please, those were the comments you and your group did, and if it was not hatred what would you call it, a lack of concern for another human being?
They were quotes taken completely out of context, but of course you illegal lovers don't care about the truth. Why, you expouse loving criminals anyway, so why worry about such a small thing as the truth?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration