U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 06:09 AM

300 posts, read 481,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Waaaaa waaa waaa.......you compare the struggle of middle class Americans(mosly white) against..illegal immigration to the civil rights movement of Black Americans?

"Our struggle"?

Give me a break.
Just the fact that you deemed it necessary to put, (mostly white), does show your racist and bigoted views on the subject matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 06:11 AM

Quote:
To claim this wasn't a race or hate motivated killing is bull.

Not one person claimed it was not motivated by hate. Where don't you illegal lovers get educated anyway? Why is it that you are unable to have and use reading comprehension? Or, why is it that you continually bring up a strawman when nobody said anything of the sort?

Last edited by Quirky Cynick; 07-21-2008 at 07:08 AM..

Old 07-21-2008, 07:06 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Waaaaa waaa waaa.......you compare the struggle of middle class Americans(mosly white) against..illegal immigration to the civil rights movement of Black Americans?

"Our struggle"?

Give me a break.
Then you had best have a talk with the MEChA types who themselves try to drag the Civil Rights movement into their morally bankrupt attempts to gain amnesty for a bunch of trespassers AKA illegal immigrants.

More and more American Blacks (especially the ones who remember Bull Connor, etc) are taking offence to that tactic.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:27 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
This is beyond ridiculous. None of the anti-illegal posters have condoned this murder; nor has anyone remotely indicated experiencing pleasure at the death of an illegal alien. It is not “racist” to examine the 'cause' and 'effect' of violence associated with illegal immigration, anymore than it would be to examine the cause and effect of gang violence, or the cause and effect of global warming, or the cause and effect of teen pregnancy.

I dare say, had the roles been reversed and an illegal alien had been the perpetrator, and a U.S. citizen had been the victim, the pro-illegals would have a million “justifications” for why this tragedy occurred. There would also be a chorus of: “not all illegals are violent criminals.”

It is the pinnacle of hypocrisy for pro-illegal posters to complain about every article posted involving heinous crimes committed by illegals, yet have a field day when an illegal is the victim of violence. Why are crimes committed by illegal aliens somehow irrelevant or unfair stereotyping, while crimes committed by U.S. citizens are deemed egregious? All murders are wrong, irrespective of race/ethnicity or immigration status.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is beyond ridiculous. None of the anti-illegal posters have condoned this murder; nor has anyone remotely indicated experiencing pleasure at the death of an illegal alien. It is not “racist” to examine the 'cause' and 'effect' of violence associated with illegal immigration, anymore than it would be to examine the cause and effect of gang violence, or the cause and effect of global warming, or the cause and effect of teen pregnancy.

I dare say, had the roles been reversed and an illegal alien had been the perpetrator, and a U.S. citizen had been the victim, the pro-illegals would have a million “justifications” for why this tragedy occurred. There would also be a chorus of: “not all illegals are violent criminals.”

It is the pinnacle of hypocrisy for pro-illegal posters to complain about every article posted involving heinous crimes committed by illegals, yet have a field day when an illegal is the victim of violence. Why are crimes committed by illegal aliens somehow irrelevant or unfair stereotyping, while crimes committed by U.S. citizens are deemed egregious? All murders are wrong, irrespective of race/ethnicity or immigration status.
Very well said and thank you for pointing out the obvious. I doubt that they will be able to see it but, you tried.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:51 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:
You got to be kidding me.
No, I ain't kidding you. Once again, the comments were rough and rude. Few if any of them sought to 'justify murder', and most were careful to specifically condemn this gruesome event.

Ain't kidding you....

Besides, this doesn't reflect American society at all. Like other killings discussed on this forum recently, this was "gang-related". I seem to recall a lot of mention that "you can't blame a whole group for the actions of a gang"...(I THINK that's how it was explained)....

Old 07-21-2008, 08:58 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:

You GOT to be kidding us....(ain't you)?....WAAAA WAAA WAAAA, etc etc etc...(how am I doing?)

Old 07-21-2008, 09:17 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
You are ridiculous, lol.
You talk about my mom knowing nothing about her. But just from your posts, I'd believe you when you say that you really dont know anything about "that subject". I'm pretty sure you don't have children, because to assume that would be to assume the unthinkable , which is a scary thought, and just doesnt seem very likely...or pleasant.
Then again, technology has come along way...

As for the rest of your rant, I can't decide if you think youre psychic and know everything you are talking about, or just plain screwy. Its actually a lose-lose situation for you.
It's not rocket science figuring out whose here illegally, whose an anchor baby or a selfish, self obsessed, delusional "Dreamie". All of your posts (on this board and others) are not only insightful but also very telling with regards to your fragile mental status.

As for me being childless, my son is living the DREAM that I marched for during the civil rights movement. If he were alive today Dr. King would be very pleased with how our lives turned out. So much for ASSumptions. Looks like you've lost yet another round.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:20 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:

Your entire post is dead on. At the end of the day, it is THEY who are the racists. It's nothing more than the old adage of the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:22 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It's not rocket science figuring out whose here illegally, whose an anchor baby or a selfish, self obsessed, delusional "Dreamie". All of your posts (on this board and others) are not only insightful but also very telling with regards to your fragile mental status.

As for me being childless, my son is living the DREAM that I marched for during the civil rights movement. If he were alive today Dr. King would be very pleased with how our lives turned out.

You marched and demanded change and the same rights as others in your OWN country-good for you and all those who did-we are a better country for it. America is the great country that it is because since this country was formed the majority of it's citizens fought to make this a great country. It is a shame that illegal aliens refuse to do the same in their home countries Instead they come here and believe they are entitled to whatever they want and we should just roll out the red carpet for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration