U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 01:28 PM

7,962 posts, read 16,778,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Yes, I think you've got it. Now, here's the ten thousand dollar question: Why? I bet you have no clue as to what the answer is.
I'd like to know. I'm not so sure I have a clue, but I'd like to know what you are thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 01:33 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,089,074 times
I know what that gangsta's thinking. "what is mommy making for dinner, and can I wear my star trek uniform to the dinner table?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I'd like to know. I'm not so sure I have a clue, but I'd like to know what you are thinking.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:35 PM

6,011 posts, read 6,728,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Believe me, not all Mexican Americans, no AMERICANS are pro-illegal or enablers:

LAIR » Page 1 of 1
thats only a small group and they are in hiding when it comes to this

Old 07-21-2008, 01:36 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Bottom line:

Close/lock at least our southern border (which, BTW, is occurring as we speak), cancel birthright citizenship (for those US born children with both parents here illegally), enforce employer sanctions laws nationwide which would include punishing the enablers of said illegals--------including churches, etc.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:39 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,173,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Bottom line:

Close/lock at least our southern border (which, BTW, is occurring as we speak), cancel birthright citizenship (for those US born children with both parents here illegally), enforce employer sanctions laws nationwide which would include punishing the enablers of said illegals--------including churches, etc.
I will add cut off all freebies and welfare type benefits as well. Once they have no jobs abd no freebies most will head home.
Nicolem

Old 07-21-2008, 01:53 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Not one person claimed it was not motivated by hate. Where don't you illegal lovers get educated anyway? Why is it that you are unable to have and use reading comprehension? Or, why is it that you continually bring up a strawman when nobody said anything of the sort?
Comprehension? Try reading the article, genius.

Quote:
Despite witness reports that the attackers yelled ethnic slurs, authorities say the beating wasn't racially motivated

Quote:
From what we understand right now, it wasn't racially motivated," Nestor said. "This looks like a street fight that went wrong."
Quote:
Despite the witness statements, Borough Manager Joseph Palubinsky said he doesn't believe Ramirez's ethnicity was what prompted the fight: "I have reason to know the kids who were involved, the families who were involved, and I've never known them to harbor this type of feeling."
Aw man, such bull. "Ive never known them to harbor this type of feeling. Sure, they might have been capable of brutally beating a man to death, stomping his head til he foams at the mouth..but killing him because he was Mexican? No way!"

This town is clearly becoming a hotbed for anti-Mexican sentiment..there wasn't any before, and now that they are there, things are getting hot. This is that tension exploding in the murder of a man who was outnumbered. Theyre trying to cover it up..trying to say it was a fight. I have a gut feeling these teens were provoking him, and he defended himself, then they attacked him like a pack of inbred dogs.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:58 PM

And for all the people getting all hot and bothered at the suggestion that it was whites who commited this crime(even suggesting it couldve been Blacks??), lets look at this towns demographics.

Quote:
As of the census[2] of 2000, there were 5,624 people, 2,649 households, and 1,380 families residing in the borough. The population density was 3,710.7 people per square mile (1,428.6/km˛). There were 3,339 housing units at an average density of 2,203.1/sq mi (848.2/km˛). The racial makeup of the borough was 97.40% White, 0.34% African American, 0.25% Native American, 0.36% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 1.01% from other races, and 0.60% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.76% of the population.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
No, I ain't kidding you. Once again, the comments were rough and rude. Few if any of them sought to 'justify murder', and most were careful to specifically condemn this gruesome event.

Ain't kidding you....

Besides, this doesn't reflect American society at all. Like other killings discussed on this forum recently, this was "gang-related". I seem to recall a lot of mention that "you can't blame a whole group for the actions of a gang"...(I THINK that's how it was explained)....
I blame the "group" that committed this crime. I should make a post on how White people are ethnic cleansing Mexican workers, and use this post as evidence. Of course thats ridiculous, but imagine the reaction vs. the reaction if the same thing was said about Mexicans on Americans or Mexicans on Blacks.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
You GOT to be kidding us....(ain't you)?....WAAAA WAAA WAAAA, etc etc etc...(how am I doing?)
Doing great! It's easier to digest sarcasm when you don't have to skim through and decipher a massive paragraph to get the punchline.

Sometimes, you have to reply to a ridiculous comment with another one.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:15 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
You GOT to be kidding us....(ain't you)?....WAAAA WAAA WAAAA, etc etc etc...(how am I doing?)
You're doing great. The only thing missing is..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration