U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-26-2008, 09:50 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I agree with everything you say, but i was wondering if this was a race killing as some want to make it.

The evidence is now showing that the killing had nothing to do with race.

It was gang related killing, even if Jamiel Shaw was never put on(jumped in), he walked the walk and talked the talk. And he paid for it.

Jamiel Shaw presented himself as a BLOOD.

Jamiel might as well have been wearing a target sign.

If people care so much about people like Jamiel Shaw, which I doubt, work on cleaning the neighborhoods that breed people with attitudes that Espinoza had, and Jamiel also seemed to have.

dressing and acting like a thug, whether you are one or not will get you treated like one.

but i think most of you are too far removed from the situation to really understand it. navigating the hoods of LA is hard, anyone who lives in gang land knos this. Espinoza did, and im sure J.Shaw did.

If you are going on what his father is saying, I guess you have no problem accepting a whole bunch of witnesses hearing Espinoza claim he killed a blood. And saying stuff like "BK All Day".

WHICH would point out that the killing was more gang related than race related. Whether or not Jamiel actually identified as a blood.

A Mexican kid growing up in American gang culture, a Black growing up looking up to American gang culture. One of them got shot.

---and on and on -- funny how these racists suddenly view an illegal killed as completely innocent, couldn't have "asked for it" like Jamiel Shaw did.
What is racist about those posts? PLEASE explain that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2008, 07:47 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
What is racist about those posts? PLEASE explain that.
Trying to justify the murder of an American because he was black is racist. Face it - you don't like Americans, you don't like white or black Americans and it seems at times you don't like legal immigrants much either. Someone as La Raza as you shouldn't be accusing others of being racist because your racism poured out on the Jamiel Shaw thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 07:32 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Trying to justify the murder of an American because he was black is racist. Face it - you don't like Americans, you don't like white or black Americans and it seems at times you don't like legal immigrants much either. Someone as La Raza as you shouldn't be accusing others of being racist because your racism poured out on the Jamiel Shaw thread.
You should realize that when you are the only one making that accusation based on what I have posted, that you MIGHT be out of line.

No one else is saying that but you. You are the weakest link.


No one justified the murder of Jamiel Shaw because he "was black". Nobody justified the murder at all.

In case you didn't know, it's a LITTLE bit more dangerous being a Black or Latino teen in America. Thats not a "racist" statment. Its fact.

As "La Raza" as me? haha ,what does that even mean? You make me laugh. I want to hire you for parties where you can wear clown paint, make balloon animals, and say some more of your jokes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
You should realize that when you are the only one making that accusation based on what I have posted, that you MIGHT be out of line.

No one else is saying that but you. You are the weakest link.


No one justified the murder of Jamiel Shaw because he "was black". Nobody justified the murder at all.

In case you didn't know, it's a LITTLE bit more dangerous being a Black or Latino teen in America. Thats not a "racist" statment. Its fact.

As "La Raza" as me? haha ,what does that even mean? You make me laugh. I want to hire you for parties where you can wear clown paint, make balloon animals, and say some more of your jokes.
And it is more dangerous being a teen age girl here------of any race/ethnicity.

Besides: running with your ball; it is more dangerous for dark skinned 'Anglo' teen males as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 09:26 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And it is more dangerous being a teen age girl here------of any race/ethnicity.

Besides: running with your ball; it is more dangerous for dark skinned 'Anglo' teen males as well.

Is that a serious question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Is that a serious question?
I have met several Anglos that I thought were Mestizo Latinos.....notably of Italian/Middle Eastern heritage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 10:29 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have met several Anglos that I thought were Mestizo Latinos.....notably of Italian/Middle Eastern heritage.
I doubt "dark skinned Anglo"s are living in large numbers in some of America's most dangerous neighborhoods.
So with that logic, its less likely for a "dark skinned Anglo" to be targeted by a gangbanger. Dont you think?

Or have I been missing all the articles about white teenagers..I mean "dark skinned Anglo"s being killed by Black/Latino gangbangers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I doubt "dark skinned Anglo"s are living in large numbers in some of America's most dangerous neighborhoods.
So with that logic, its less likely for a "dark skinned Anglo" to be targeted by a gangbanger. Dont you think?

Or have I been missing all the articles about white teenagers..I mean "dark skinned Anglo"s being killed by Black/Latino gangbangers?
You left out the part about 'dangerous neighborhoods'------you simply stated that Blacks and 'Hispanics' are in greater danger.

Besides: why is it that so many 'Latinos' feel the need to whack each other over trivial stuff----------that is a damning indictment of their so-called 'culture'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 10:48 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You left out the part about 'dangerous neighborhoods'------you simply stated that Blacks and 'Hispanics' are in greater danger.

Besides: why is it that so many 'Latinos' feel the need to whack each other over trivial stuff----------that is a damning indictment of their so-called 'culture'
Are you willing to say the same thing about "Blacks", or is that very different?

And I didnt have to say "dangerous neighborhoods". Its in general.


http://www.childtrendsdatabank.org/f...0-Figure-3.gif
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2008, 11:27 AM
 
1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Trying to justify the murder of an American because he was black is racist. Face it - you don't like Americans, you don't like white or black Americans and it seems at times you don't like legal immigrants much either. Someone as La Raza as you shouldn't be accusing others of being racist because your racism poured out on the Jamiel Shaw thread.
If you go into a gang ridden area where people pertain to the blue gang. But you wear red in the area, don't you think there would be some kind of funk? Of course there will be. He presented himself as a blood, he died as a representation of a blood. Do I think people should be shot for what they're wearing and what they look like? No way! The Black and Mexican feud has been going on for decades, both sides fueled by racism and territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top