U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-19-2008, 04:13 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I see your point: I phrased my post badly------my error

Rosa Parks: who will be the one individual that symbolizes our struggle against MEChA and its handmaidens?
I'm seriously thinking of going back to my old neighborhood and educating/rallying the troops. There are plenty of unemployed, low skilled black young men and women who are desperate for jobs.

It just may be me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2008, 04:13 PM
 
300 posts, read 482,356 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How true! There have been so many, it's hard to keep up with them.
Like I have said, they expect to be treated special and actually demand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 04:21 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How true! There have been so many, it's hard to keep up with them.
Knowing that the party is just getting started fills me with glee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I'm seriously thinking of going back to my old neighborhood and educating/rallying the troops. There are plenty of unemployed, low skilled black young men and women who are desperate for jobs.

It just may be me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I'm seriously thinking of going back to my old neighborhood and educating/rallying the troops. There are plenty of unemployed, low skilled black young men and women who are desperate for jobs.

It just may be me.
Smile when you say that: it may be the Blacks who will issue a 'call-to-arms' against the illegals------and, many of the White, etc. folks will help.

Suffice to say: I hope to God that Washington defuses the impending situation with anti illegal immigration laws similar to Arizona, Oklahoma, etc.-------and, enforces them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 04:29 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I'm giving it some serious thought and have already begun strategizing to see how much I can accomplish before the elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 04:36 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Smile when you say that: it may be the Blacks who will issue a 'call-to-arms' against the illegals------and, many of the White, etc. folks will help.

Suffice to say: I hope to God that Washington defuses the impending situation with laws similar to Arizona, Oklahoma, etc.-------and, enforces them.
I couldn't agree more. This is too serious an issue to ignore. Lord only knows how many incidents of violence we haven't heard about due to the lack of info from the MSM. As you mentioned earlier, I certainly donít want anyone taking out their frustrations on my son or any innocent person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 04:43 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Smile when you say that: it may be the Blacks who will issue a 'call-to-arms' against the illegals------and, many of the White, etc. folks will help.

Suffice to say: I hope to God that Washington defuses the impending situation with anti illegal immigration laws similar to Arizona, Oklahoma, etc.-------and, enforces them.

Sorry, I guess you can't see me smiling "behind my computer screen".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 04:49 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I couldn't agree more. This is too serious an issue to ignore. Lord only knows how many incidents of violence we haven't heard about due to the lack of info from the MSM. As you mentioned earlier, I certainly donít want anyone taking out their frustrations on my son or any innocent person.
They've hidden it for a very long time. I first noticed the huge influx in 1998 on my way to work one day. Because I don't live in the city or the Northern burbs (where they are concentrated) I had no idea of the monstrous numbers. I am one of those people that the marches "woke up" and I've been fighting in every way I possibly can since that day.

I don't want anybody taking their frustrations out on your baby or any other innocent person either. I'm in this for the long haul and I've got plenty of fight left in me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 04:56 PM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,187,173 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I couldn't agree more. This is too serious an issue to ignore. Lord only knows how many incidents of violence we haven't heard about due to the lack of info from the MSM. As you mentioned earlier, I certainly don’t want anyone taking out their frustrations on my son or any innocent person.


I agree. I guess my feeling has been that this whole mess can go one of two ways. Americans of all colors and backgrounds will fight this and win. I have always hoped that if we had to deal with this illegal invasion-wouldn't it be wonderful if we not only won to save our country for all Americans but somehow as a side effect of all different Americans fighting together-perhaps racial relationships would improve? I mean there will always be racism and things will never be "perfect"-but if Americans-regardless of race fight together to save their country for a cause that truly has NOTHING to do with race-shouldn't race relations automatically improve? I hope and pray they do.

The second way that I have pondered it turning out is the one that makes me sad. I fear that wackos, extremists, racists etc. could in fact attack-physically or otherwise- those who are here legally and Americans of Hispanic descent because of screwed up beliefs that all Hispanics are illegal, etc. I guess I should say more than Hispanic really any legal immigrant or foreign born person. It is something that I think about a lot. In addition to innocent people getting hurt or worse, that will only make racial relations worse. Then throw in the pro-illegal lobby-who cries racism every chance they get and things really go down hill.

Of course I am optomistic and fighting for #1. I think enough people realize that most Americans opposed to illegals are opposed not because of race but because they break the rules and are erroding the American way of life. I do realize there are people that are against all immigrants-legal or illegal because they are haters, racists, etc. but I believe that they are in fact the minority and not the majority of Americans.

Nicolem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top