U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2008, 05:35 PM
 
300 posts, read 481,825 times
Reputation: 65

Advertisements

I know that this somewhat older news, but did any of you see what the church was doing to help the illegals in this town? Disgusting really!

Immigration raid: Town's Hispanics shutter businesses, scatter | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2008, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,087,598 times
Reputation: 835
let them stay here, but make them the responsibility of the church. it probably wouldn't be so attractive if the federal funds went away and the church had to be 100% responsible for all their needs. eventually it gets expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
And; Mexico treats their illegals from Guatemala like crap as well.

Apparently; a good percentage of the Postville Ia illegals are from the latter nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,087,598 times
Reputation: 835
it's funny. you read crap about this from the right, it's a criminal issue. on the left, it's a human interest story. good lord. no mercy. punish any of the enablers. that's it. no illegal could then complain if we don't single out them. if we single out the enablers, it's fine. oh, and also, someone please tell some of these hispanic women that condoms can be used for reasons other than to smuggle coke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 05:44 PM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Reputation: 2728
These churches that aide and abet criminals need to be stripped of their non-profit status IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Beaumont, Texas
539 posts, read 1,612,779 times
Reputation: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
let them stay here, but make them the responsibility of the church. it probably wouldn't be so attractive if the federal funds went away and the church had to be 100% responsible for all their needs. eventually it gets expensive.
Your approach actutually makes more sense than that of our Government.
I understand the whole Sanctuary City aspect from a Biblical view. When David's son killed his brother (in the O.T.), the son exscaped to such a city. If a Church chooses to follow this practice, fine, just make them responsible for their well being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Major Metro
1,083 posts, read 2,060,069 times
Reputation: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
it's funny. you read crap about this from the right, it's a criminal issue. on the left, it's a human interest story. good lord. no mercy. punish any of the enablers. that's it. no illegal could then complain if we don't single out them. if we single out the enablers, it's fine. oh, and also, someone please tell some of these hispanic women that condoms can be used for reasons other than to smuggle coke.
OMG, I can't believe you wrote that after all your responses inquiring why some see you as a bigot or racist. Tsk Tsk...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,308 posts, read 25,663,111 times
Reputation: 10566
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
These churches that aide and abet criminals need to be stripped of their non-profit status IMHO.
I could not agree more, nicolem!

Any organization aiding and abetting Common Criminals is NOT a church and should be paying taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,087,598 times
Reputation: 835
actually that was a joke from a comedy central roast. I guess those people are all racists too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
OMG, I can't believe you wrote that after all your responses inquiring why some see you as a bigot or racist. Tsk Tsk...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2008, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,087,598 times
Reputation: 835
the problem is that we get the absolute poorest from other countries. with poverty comes crime. I am sure that a lot of these countries are glad to get rid of the poor citizens, but I have no reason to be glad to accept them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyblackjohn View Post
Your approach actutually makes more sense than that of our Government.
I understand the whole Sanctuary City aspect from a Biblical view. When David's son killed his brother (in the O.T.), the son exscaped to such a city. If a Church chooses to follow this practice, fine, just make them responsible for their well being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top