U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 10:30 AM

608 posts, read 881,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Well come on- I mean they need the right "documents" to do the "hard work Americans refuse to do"-we cannot put them in jail over that, can we?
OK so if these students are the brightest and are trying to further their education I assume they speak English very well as universities do not have bilingual programs. Seems to me like they are assimilating into US/American culture in spite of their parent's actions which brought them here. They most likely register with Individual Tax Identification Numbers specifically created for non-citizens/foreigners who donít have SS#s but file taxes in the US. Anyway, it is nice to see that people do in fact assimilate and try to better themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 10:33 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,087,598 times
illegals are a huge burden and should be set adrift in the pacific ocean.

Quote:
Well come on- I mean they need the right "documents" to do the "hard work Americans refuse to do"-we cannot put them in jail over that, can we?

Old 07-20-2008, 10:34 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
OK so if these students are the brightest and are trying to further their education I assume they speak English very well as universities do not have bilingual programs. Seems to me like they are assimilating into US/American culture in spite of their parent's actions which brought them here. They most likely register with Individual Tax Identification Numbers specifically created for non-citizens/foreigners who don’t have SS#s but file taxes in the US. Anyway, it is nice to see that people do in fact assimilate and try to better themselves.
Well my concern is for Americans and the education and jobs that they need and are entitiled too-not illegal aliens. Just because someone "assimilates" does not change the fact that they are here illegally.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:41 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Irrelevant:

The bottom line is the war is being won against the illegals.
Whatever, i was just pointing out to you that guy is not "pro-illegal" as you claimed he was.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I also love how this seems to come as such a shock to you. prince william county was one of the headquarters of MS-13. a bunch of el salvadorians who stand about 4ft 6.
Yet you can't find a link to back up what you are saying.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:44 AM

I didn't say it brainiac, the washington post did. you are an apologist, and you can't face the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Yet you can't find a link to back up what you are saying.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I didn't say it brainiac, the washington post did. you are an apologist, and you can't face the truth.
Well i say the washington post didn't say it. Do a google search and you'll find out i'm right.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:56 AM

no need to google. I read the article in the actual paper clownie pants. I guess MS-13 doesn't exist in whatever town you live in. see, I state facts based on experience, and you gum flap nothing. you should be obama's running mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Well i say the washington post didn't say it. Do a google search and you'll find out i'm right.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:52 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,593,561 times
Quote:
Oh yes keeping Black Americans down and the attrocities done to LEGAL Black Americans and ILLEGAL aliens who have no right to be here is such a wonderful comparison. Hasn't this already been done to death by the OBL?

What about the spaces in college that these illegals have taken from American citizens of all colors? There are not unlimited spaces in college enrollment. One illegal alien taking a space in college from an American citizen is one too many for me.
There is NO American Citizen with a high school diploma or even a GED that cannot attend college- even if they were "C-D" students- if they want. They might not get into a real selective college but you can attend college. And these immigrants are not going to highly selective colleges. I doubt that any American was rejected in favour of them.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:56 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,593,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No more so than telling a student he can't come back if its determined the tution was paid with money that was stolen. Not the students fault that his parents are thieves.
Illegals do not have a moral right to complain if they do not recieve the benefits legals do. Thats the price for cheating. Yes it was the parents who cheated but the student is perpetuating the cheat by not attempting to legalize their status. If their attempt to gain legal status fails they are morally and legally obligated to leave.
If you are in my house without invitation is it morally wrong for me to throw you out? Is morally wrong for me not to first feed cloth and educate you first? No you are trespassing and should be arrested.
I am quite sure that, as soon as amnesty if offered, these students will gladly take advantage of it and legalize their status here. Until then there is no way for them to legalize here except to go home, wait for the 10 year penalty to pass and then apply for a student visa. We need amnesty badly and even some of the Republicans are seeing that now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration