U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 02:55 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I am quite sure that, as soon as amnesty if offered, these students will gladly take advantage of it and legalize their status here. Until then there is no way for them to legalize here except to go home, wait for the 10 year penalty to pass and then apply for a student visa. We need amnesty badly and even some of the Republicans are seeing that now.
Incorrect:

We need to see those illegal immigrants (children or otherwise) deported post haste.

As for the US born Anchor Babies; either they go with legal friends/family members or they have to accompany their illegal immigrant parents back to the latter's homelands--------be them Irish or 'Hispanic' (or any other race/ethnicity).

Besides: with the crashing economy; more and more illegals will self deport anyway------no jobs tends to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 03:12 PM

6,011 posts, read 6,725,979 times
what does it means to be an american if anyone can be?i cant be a mexican even if i got citizenship. if your not a citizen how do you have rights?

Quote:
They were star students, Viers said later, excelling academically in English with dreams of contributing to society.
"I would much rather the illegals who are here to improve their educations and work to assimilate into American culture than us to shut the door in the face when they're trying," Viers said. "I'm one of the strongest supporters of illegal-immigration reform, but we have to have a balance."
It may not be the most popular thing, but it's the right thing," Viers said. "They are just as much Americans as you or I
propaganda? they give two ****s about being american and this is common.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:14 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
what does it means to be an american if anyone can be?i cant be a mexican even if i got citizenship. if your not a citizen how do you have rights?

propaganda? they give two ****s about being american and this is common.
I stand in total agreement with you on both points. The longer they remain here demanding free, instant everything while contributing little to nothing the more obvious it becomes.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:14 PM

6,011 posts, read 6,725,979 times
dont you guys think that the majority of illegal immigration is coming from central american countries via mexico and not mexico?

Old 07-20-2008, 03:20 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
dont you guys think that the majority of illegal immigration is coming from central american countries via mexico and not mexico?
The vast majority are Mexican nationals, it is possible that the second largest population is from S. America. I've read more than a few stories regarding the torture and inhumane treatment of illegal aliens from Guatemala at the hands of the hypocrits known as the Mexican government and its police.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:23 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,942,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
so a little search on prince william county virginia. they took it into their own hands and the illegals are all moving to maryland. crime is plummeting in the area they are leaving.
and rising in the area that they are going (i.e. Alexandria and PG County, MD)

Old 07-20-2008, 03:29 PM

300 posts, read 481,668 times
Quote:
This is immoral and maybe illegal too. Many of these people were brought into the country illegally by the parents and they had no say so in how they ended up here or why they are here. All we are doing is breeding a generation of angry resentful Mexicans that will roam the streets doing crimes and that will hate us for a generation or longer. You would have figured that we would have learned something from trying to keep the blacks down which resulted in the burning of American cities and bloody rebellions in the streets. But I guess not.
Immoral and illegal?? You do realize we are talking about illegal aliens here don't you? I don't give a damn how they got here. They still should have no right to services that are for the citizens and legal residents of that state and/or county. Tell them to go back to their home country and ***** at them for their damn college education.

All you and the illegals do is breed resentment among the citizens of this country. Either way, there is going to be resentment and I much prefer for the damn illegals to have resentment than our citizens.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
OK so if these students are the brightest and are trying to further their education I assume they speak English very well as universities do not have bilingual programs. Seems to me like they are assimilating into US/American culture in spite of their parent's actions which brought them here. They most likely register with Individual Tax Identification Numbers specifically created for non-citizens/foreigners who donít have SS#s but file taxes in the US. Anyway, it is nice to see that people do in fact assimilate and try to better themselves.
They are illegal and it matters not how much the damn illegals assimilate. They have no right to be here in the first place.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:32 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,942,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Yet you can't find a link to back up what you are saying.
How about a testimony from a poster who lives 20 min from PW county and reads the wash post everyday? Prince William's quality of life is really starting to improve no matter what the Washington Post and their bleeding-heart agenda says.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
There is NO American Citizen with a high school diploma or even a GED that cannot attend college- even if they were "C-D" students- if they want. They might not get into a real selective college but you can attend college. And these immigrants are not going to highly selective colleges. I doubt that any American was rejected in favour of them.
BS!!! I know and have seen plenty of poorer students that were not able to get into college, especially if they were c-d students, which by the way, they shouldn't be there anyway if they had that bad grades. The illegals have no right to be in this country. They should be mad at their parents for making them criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration