Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 03:35 PM

299 posts, read 546,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Illegal, legal, student visa... college is not public school. Students apply, they are accepted and then they pay for their seat period. Universities accept applicants knowing that not all will get into college housing. That is just a fact of life especially for Universities that provide little or no housing. In fact most illegals must pay out of state tuition in many state universities. Illegal students are not eligible for any assistance or funding. Well not sure about California.
Of course the ones who have fake or forged or stolen documents get anything that citizens are entitled to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 06:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
I say these students should use the four years that they would have been in college and the money they would have spent on tuition and use both the time and money for applying for US citizenship or at least getting legalized by obtaining a Green Card. They can go back to college afterwards. Besides, it is not as if they could get a job (or at least they're not supposed to) in the US as without being legal. If they can't be employed, then the degree is of limited use.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:57 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

Yes just like illegals don't vote either. Just because one is not "eligible" does not mean it does not happen. Illegals vote and illegals receive assistance even if they are not supposed to.
Exactly and illegal alien criminal "Dreamies" know all the tricks of their trade from how to steal a college education to driving drunk and with fake licenses, getting caught, going to court pleading guilty and paying the fine so as not to draw attention to themselves. You name the law they know how to skirt it. Nothing like criminal behavior being passed down from one generation to the next.

07-16-2008, 10:42 PM

Re: paying for college
try taking out a CHASE EDUCATION LOAN. You may have to cosign with one of your parents, and you may have to give out an SSN *wink*. But this is the only option you have. Good luck.

Opportunity
I'm an idiot for not mentioning this before.
To all of you who are soon to be Seniors in high school:
Quite like many dreamies I was on the verge of losing it as college time creeped up on me and my status seemed to be the only intruder. I found an answer to my prayers. Take advantage of this site. This is how I got into Pomona College:

http://questbridge.org/students/ (broken link)

I am very blessed to have found this because my tuition, room/board, food, traveling costs, etc. will be paid for by the college since my parents can't afford much.

Good luck!!

paying for college - DREAM Act Portal - Forums

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-20-2008 at 09:06 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 06:50 AM

299 posts, read 546,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I am quite sure that, as soon as amnesty if offered, these students will gladly take advantage of it and legalize their status here. Until then there is no way for them to legalize here except to go home, wait for the 10 year penalty to pass and then apply for a student visa. We need amnesty badly and even some of the Republicans are seeing that now.
Yeah, always easier to wait until it is handed to you instead of doing it on your own, showing us all that you could care less about American laws or Americans as a whole.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:41 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
yeah, I heard they were all going to maryland. but shhhhhh. we know you actually live in the area, but you can't say those kinds of things. we have to leave the facts to people who read supposed statistics from illegal immigrant loving websites. the truth doesn't matter to these people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
and rising in the area that they are going (i.e. Alexandria and PG County, MD)

Old 07-21-2008, 12:45 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Exactly and illegal alien criminal "Dreamies" know all the tricks of their trade from how to steal a college education to driving drunk and with fake licenses, getting caught, going to court pleading guilty and paying the fine so as not to draw attention to themselves. You name the law they know how to skirt it. Nothing like criminal behavior being passed down from one generation to the next.

07-16-2008, 10:42 PM

Re: paying for college
try taking out a CHASE EDUCATION LOAN. You may have to cosign with one of your parents, and you may have to give out an SSN *wink*. But this is the only option you have. Good luck.

Opportunity
I'm an idiot for not mentioning this before.
To all of you who are soon to be Seniors in high school:
Quite like many dreamies I was on the verge of losing it as college time creeped up on me and my status seemed to be the only intruder. I found an answer to my prayers. Take advantage of this site. This is how I got into Pomona College:

QuestBridge National College Match Program (http://questbridge.org/students/ - broken link)

I am very blessed to have found this because my tuition, room/board, food, traveling costs, etc. will be paid for by the college since my parents can't afford much.

Good luck!!

paying for college - DREAM Act Portal - Forums
Haha, what education are they stealing? Is their fault that they are smart and get excellent grades?

Quote:
Designed for high-achieving low-income students: The National College Match has been created to maximize the admissions outcomes of outstanding low-income students who have achieved academic excellence in the face of economic obstacles. QuestBridge's unique, detailed application is specifically designed to showcase the talents and determination of these students. See our selection criteria and an overview of past winners.
QuestBridge National College Match Program (http://questbridge.org/students/ - broken link)

Old 07-21-2008, 01:02 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
it's not the education they are stealing, it's the tax dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Haha, what education are they stealing? Is their fault that they are smart and get excellent grades?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:05 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
it's not the education they are stealing, it's the tax dollars.
I have to disagree with you on this one. It's ALL OF IT.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:09 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Those kids are here illegally--------they would probably face Felony charges for fraud and many other things as well.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:18 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Those kids are here illegally--------they would probably face Felony charges for fraud and many other things as well.
Everything that comes out of your mouth is irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration