U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:35 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I am quite sure that, as soon as amnesty if offered, these students will gladly take advantage of it and legalize their status here. Until then there is no way for them to legalize here except to go home, wait for the 10 year penalty to pass and then apply for a student visa. We need amnesty badly and even some of the Republicans are seeing that now.
Uhmmm So they have to wait 10 years??? So what. They cheat the system and seek rewards. Its a crappy deal that began with their parents so hate on the parents. Why should they be entitled to anything? Thats what I am not getting. Well there are those who feel convicted felons are entitled to college educations while in prison. I however don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 06:38 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Everything that comes out of your mouth is irrelevant.
Your side is losing the war-------badly.

Hence your pitiful comments

Old 07-22-2008, 06:50 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
I am still not getting why some feel we owe illegals a college education. Why do we? How can we justify educating illegals if even one legal can't go to college because they can't afford it? Why do we owe them anything at all?
Yes I heard already its not their fault because their parents entered illegally. Well its not our fault either. WE didn't put a gun to their heads and say march or die.
Their parents screwed them not us.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:37 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am still not getting why some feel we owe illegals a college education. Why do we? How can we justify educating illegals if even one legal can't go to college because they can't afford it? Why do we owe them anything at all?
Yes I heard already its not their fault because their parents entered illegally. Well its not our fault either. WE didn't put a gun to their heads and say march or die.
Agreed. However, it is their fault that as ADULTS they CHOOSE to remain in the US illegally while figuring out every scam and committing every criminal act they can get away with in order to continue in their "parents" footsteps. They fully admit to fraudulently obtaining drivers' licenses, driving without a license, driving drunk, applying for loans, ITIN cards to be used as a form of identification, working illegally and committing all the other criminal acts they learned from their "wonderful parents" in order to remain here.

At the end of the day they essentially become 2nd generation criminals by staying here and repeating the illegal acts of their parents.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:06 AM

12 posts, read 7,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I have to disagree with you on this one. It's ALL OF IT.
Actually, a lot of them ARE paying taxes. Both sale taxes and income taxes. There's this nifty new thing called the ITIN number. Look it up, do some research before you post. It's meant for everyone that does not qualify for a ss number yet would still like to report income taxes. Also, a lot of them are paying for our social security every time they get paid yet they receive NO benefits from it. About the tax dollars, they probably shouldn't even pay seeing as we deny them everything including a measly drivers licence, yet they do it anyways. So if i were you, i would educate myself before i post. Honestly, you sound like a hick straight out of Alabama. (sorry cousin! lol)
Have a great day

Old 09-06-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. However, it is their fault that as ADULTS they CHOOSE to remain in the US illegally while figuring out every scam and committing every criminal act they can get away with in order to continue in their "parents" footsteps. They fully admit to fraudulently obtaining drivers' licenses, driving without a license, driving drunk, applying for loans, ITIN cards to be used as a form of identification, working illegally and committing all the other criminal acts they learned from their "wonderful parents" in order to remain here.

At the end of the day they essentially become 2nd generation criminals by staying here and repeating the illegal acts of their parents.
How are ITIN numbers used for identification...it's a number not a picture ID, again do some research.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
They're not asking you to pay for them They're offering for this countries to get a top scholar into their economic system, if we don't want it then that's our problem. Quite frankly, however, i believe we lose more by not simply legalizing them and let them be productive people. Honestly, i believe that many of them who are graduating from top school where most "Americans" can't even get into (MIT, UCLA, Harvard, Cornell, Columbia) will do a MUCH better job than those hicks posting on this thread without doing any research...but that's just my opinion.

Maybe instead of proving our ignorance in these such threads we should work on winning those slots into MIT, UCLA, Harvard, Cornell, and even Columbia so they don't get them. But guess what? We've proved incompetent in competing with some of this kids....so do we benefit more from keeping these top students or kicking them? I mean, the only reason i see why someone would not let them stay is because they're not white...but then that would be racism Which is what i believe drives most of the anti-immigration supporters. They fear that the people coming in are better than them and therefore create this ridiculous argument about how they rape and pillage our country seeing as that that is not the case. AND even if there are some criminals, we all have them in our societies so again, do some research. Just because we're American does not mean we're a Godsend that will never do anything bad.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Your side is losing the war-------badly.

Hence your pitiful comments
No, i just thing he's out there in the real world out performing you so you can have more hate and anger to post on here

Old 09-06-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Of course the ones who have fake or forged or stolen documents get anything that citizens are entitled to.
Again, another ignorant comment. We're not out in the Wild Wild West anymore. Validity of documents can be verified within a matter of seconds. So please, say something that at least makes sense and that applies to our times, not the Paleozoic Era.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:23 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbond007 View Post
They're not asking you to pay for them They're offering for this countries to get a top scholar into their economic system, if we don't want it then that's our problem. Quite frankly, however, i believe we lose more by not simply legalizing them and let them be productive people. Honestly, i believe that many of them who are graduating from top school where most "Americans" can't even get into (MIT, UCLA, Harvard, Cornell, Columbia) will do a MUCH better job than those hicks posting on this thread without doing any research...but that's just my opinion.

Maybe instead of proving our ignorance in these such threads we should work on winning those slots into MIT, UCLA, Harvard, Cornell, and even Columbia so they don't get them. But guess what? We've proved incompetent in competing with some of this kids....so do we benefit more from keeping these top students or kicking them? I mean, the only reason i see why someone would not let them stay is because they're not white...but then that would be racism Which is what i believe drives most of the anti-immigration supporters. They fear that the people coming in are better than them and therefore create this ridiculous argument about how they rape and pillage our country seeing as that that is not the case. AND even if there are some criminals, we all have them in our societies so again, do some research. Just because we're American does not mean we're a Godsend that will never do anything bad.
Bottom line: we owe illegal aliens nothing more than 3 hots and a cot prior to their deportation-------------especially with our growing unemployment rate and increasing drug war crap starting to spill across our southern border.

I do not care if they are Spanish speaking Mestizos or Nordic White Swedes-----------all illegal aliens age 18 up are criminals.

Remember I have no issue with legal immigration..........those folks (Mexican or not) I welcome to my country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration