Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 09:09 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
This is immoral and maybe illegal too. Many of these people were brought into the country illegally by the parents and they had no say so in how they ended up here or why they are here. All we are doing is breeding a generation of angry resentful Mexicans that will roam the streets doing crimes and that will hate us for a generation or longer. You would have figured that we would have learned something from trying to keep the blacks down which resulted in the burning of American cities and bloody rebellions in the streets. But I guess not.
Black ppl, mexican americans and other groups are fellow Americans. What part of illegal can you not understand? My ancestors (mexican americans) fought for rights denied to us by the gov't and fellow citizens. These illegal scumbags are opportunists riding the coattails of our struggle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 10:43 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbond007 View Post
edit: I don't think they'll bring us down...especially if we keep their best students here....but if we continue kicking out great minds every day they might come back and bite us in the ass....i prefer having them leave here and work here than them leaving and hating us...especially if they have potential to do great things.
Yes indeed. It would be a terrible thing if we kicked out these 'great minds'. No doubt they have the potential to do great things. Such as rob the corner liquor store.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:27 AM

65 posts, read 77,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Yes indeed. It would be a terrible thing if we kicked out these 'great minds'. No doubt they have the potential to do great things. Such as rob the corner liquor store.
I doubt they would rob a liquor store. Just wondering, do you believe that having those from less advantaged backgrounds succeed can serve as aspirational figures? Just food for thought...

Old 09-06-2009, 11:29 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Actually, if you read any of the previous posts without first getting angry at your keyboard.... yes they do pay income and sales taxes. NOT ALL of them pay income taxes, but they all pay sales taxes and most of them pay SS by the way.

1-ACORN is a 3rd party community based program...do some research. It is our fault for allowing such programs to exist. Even so, such a programs renders useless when calculating its effects in the grand scheme of things.

2- Most SIGNIFICANT electoral fraud occurs through gerrymandering, not allowing certain groups to vote, and disenfranchisement. But....these problems are slowly disappearing.

3- Yes some states (probably around 2 or 3) allow illegal immigrants to have drivers licenSes (it's with an S, not a C) but it's a very few number that are able to get them...and even so i guess it's repayment for the taxes they pay for.
Your post stated that illegals do not vote are not allowed to vote. Now you say that some do and it is our fault. Which is it? They don't vote or they do?
Income taxes. No most do not pay their fair share of taxes. Some do. Those who have also committed ID Theft. One crime for another is all right? Or is not all right?
You see illegals are criminals and like all criminals have no problems breaking whatever law that impedes them from getting what they feel they are due.
How anyone can defend them is beyond me.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:38 AM

65 posts, read 77,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Your post stated that illegals do not vote are not allowed to vote. Now you say that some do and it is our fault. Which is it? They don't vote or they do?
Income taxes. No most do not pay their fair share of taxes. Some do. Those who have also committed ID Theft. One crime for another is all right? Or is not all right?
You see illegals are criminals and like all criminals have no problems breaking whatever law that impedes them from getting what they feel they are due.
The IRS also gives ITINs to those w/out a SS number. 2.5 million people filled with an ITIN.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorious View Post
I doubt they would rob a liquor store. Just wondering, do you believe that having those from less advantaged backgrounds succeed can serve as aspirational figures? Just food for thought...

An individual who is in the US illegally, either because they deliberately ignored out immigration laws or were brought here as a child but are now old enough to realize that being in the US is wrong, should serve as an example to no one.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This lies at the heart of the matter. They ignore our laws when it benefits them to do so (you stole our land, we didn't cross the border the border crossed us) but also run for the protection of that very system of laws when things do not go their way ( you have to provide me with 'free' medical care, you have to provide my kids with school, my kid is a US citizen even though I swam across the Rio Grande in labor). There is no moral compass. There is no sense of right or wrong. The ONLY thing that matters is if something benefits them and/or their grupo. They simply do not care whose toes they stomp on in their bid to get what they want.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
edit: I don't think they'll bring us down...especially if we keep their best students here....but if we continue kicking out great minds every day they might come back and bite us in the ass....i prefer having them leave here and work here than them leaving and hating us...especially if they have potential to do great things.
I could not care less if they hate us.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:12 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
DREAM on-----------the party is over for the illegal aliens AKA criminals and their enablers.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:14 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
if you think paying taxes is a crime...then okay.
and if you're talking about them being here illegally...i think that the only people that have a right to claim such a thing are Native Americans... but then we too would be illegal.
We (the USA) is a sovereign nation-----------besides; some groups of Indians arrived later than others.

Remember: if us Americans of Euro lineage have to return to Europe----------so do over 90% of all Mexicans.

We are not going anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration