Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 01:02 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
no need to google. I read the article in the actual paper clownie pants. I guess MS-13 doesn't exist in whatever town you live in. see, I state facts based on experience, and you gum flap nothing. you should be obama's running mate.
i also read the article in the actual paper .

Btw, i love the childish name calling. Mr clownie pants LOL, i don't remember the last time i heard anyone use that phrase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 01:21 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
"the" article? you mean the one example of the 500 articles that have been written on the subject? do a search on the post's website of prince william county, illegals, or MS-13. you might be surprised at what you find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Btw, i love the childish name calling. Mr clownie pants LOL, i don't remember the last time i heard anyone use that phrase.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:22 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
it's quite funny that if you go by statistics, people can label you a "racist."

Quote:

Old 07-20-2008, 01:32 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
There is NO American Citizen with a high school diploma or even a GED that cannot attend college- even if they were "C-D" students- if they want. They might not get into a real selective college but you can attend college. And these immigrants are not going to highly selective colleges. I doubt that any American was rejected in favour of them.
It doesn't matter if it is a selective college or not. Colleges do not have unlimited openings so if an illegal is at any college they are taking away a spot that could have gone to an American. Not to mention any type of scholarship or financial aid that could be going to an American instead could potentially be going to an illegal. What about dorms? Dorms always fill up quickly-there are always housing shortages on campus and there is always a fight to get that housing. The list goes on and on. They don't deserve to be here-they are illegal. We are always hearing how "bright" they are-they should return to their home country, enroll in college there as that is their place of citizenship and make a life for themselves there.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:46 PM

608 posts, read 1,005,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
It doesn't matter if it is a selective college or not. Colleges do not have unlimited openings so if an illegal is at any college they are taking away a spot that could have gone to an American. Not to mention any type of scholarship or financial aid that could be going to an American instead could potentially be going to an illegal. What about dorms? Dorms always fill up quickly-there are always housing shortages on campus and there is always a fight to get that housing. The list goes on and on. They don't deserve to be here-they are illegal. We are always hearing how "bright" they are-they should return to their home country, enroll in college there as that is their place of citizenship and make a life for themselves there.
Illegal, legal, student visa... college is not public school. Students apply, they are accepted and then they pay for their seat period. Universities accept applicants knowing that not all will get into college housing. That is just a fact of life especially for Universities that provide little or no housing. In fact most illegals must pay out of state tuition in many state universities. Illegal students are not eligible for any assistance or funding. Well not sure about California.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Illegal, legal, student visa... college is not public school. Students apply, they are accepted and then they pay for their seat period. Universities accept applicants knowing that not all will get into college housing. That is just a fact of life especially for Universities that provide little or no housing. In fact most illegals must pay out of state tuition in many state universities. Illegal students are not eligible for any assistance or funding. Well not sure about California.

Yes just like illegals don't vote either. Just because one is not "eligible" does not mean it does not happen. Illegals vote and illegals receive assistance even if they are not supposed to.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:52 PM

231 posts, read 157,111 times
Quote:
Really? Got any links to back that up?
Hey, if some cat on VDARE says it's true, then it must be.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:53 PM

608 posts, read 1,005,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Well my concern is for Americans and the education and jobs that they need and are entitiled too-not illegal aliens. Just because someone "assimilates" does not change the fact that they are here illegally.
Entitled to? Education and work is not an entitlement. One must still apply and be accepted to a college/university or for a job. I think you mean they are entitled to apply without competition from those who should not be on the playing field.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Entitled to? Education and work is not an entitlement. One must still apply and be accepted to a college/university or for a job. I think you mean they are entitled to apply without competition from those who should not be on the playing field.
So I worded it the wrong way- I made a mistake- I am human.

I guess I am just so used to hearing how the illegals think they are entitled to everything and it stuck.

No one is entitled to work or education-ESPECIALLY those here illegally.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:12 PM

307 posts, read 522,042 times
Quote:
Illegals in New Mexico can receive Aid at least as of 2007. There were Google links showing legislation allowing financial aid to Illegals in other states, California of course is one, but don't know if they passed and don't have the time to check.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...35/detail.html

http://www.google.com/search?client=...utf-8&oe=utf-8

And many Illegals do not pay out of state tuition. As of November 2007 10 states with over a third of the U.S. population allowed Illegals to register for in-state tuition. These include some of the largest states * California * Illinois * Kansas * Nebraska * New Mexico * New York * Oklahoma * Texas * Utah * Washington

Our view on immigration: Licenses, in-state tuition for illegal immigrants? - Opinion - USATODAY.com

There is an uproar here in California over the fact that Illegals get resident status while American citizens must pay obscene tuition fees.

This is why the tide is turning. Americans are seeing Illegals pushing ahead of them, not only taking jobs, but also Education slots. For every illegal who enters a university that's one less opening for a Legal Immigrant or Citizen (Many of whom are poor minorities).

Random

Last edited by RandomU; 07-20-2008 at 02:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration