U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-20-2008, 08:06 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,907,964 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Some Ideas For Possible Actions:
-Banner Hangs of Solidarity
-Protests at ICE Facilities (Detention Center List: BORDC: Is There a Detention Center Near You?)
-Protests at Federal Buildings
-Protests at Employers Known To Under-Pay or Exploit Illegal Workers
-Street Theater to Show What Happens When A Family is Torn Apart by an ICE Raid
-ICE Copwatch (Use a phonebook to find ICE locally)
-Murals Dedicated to Illegal Immigrants
-Stencils saying "No ICE Zone" or "Anti-ICE Safe Space" in your neighborhood and in front of your house. (In Spanish: "Zona No ICE" or "Espacio Seguro: No Migra Aqui")
-Vandalism of ICE and DHS Property
-Breaching a Detention Center to Free Imprisoned Immigrants (In Australia and Europe this has been done!)
-Get creative and participate!

Anarchist Call for Immigrant Solidarity on July 21st : Indybay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2008, 08:57 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,018,632 times
Reputation: 457
Ok, time to lock and load................the state militias are finally need for internal resurrection.....................
wait...............isnt that just what the libs want.........a confrontation???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,665,827 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Some Ideas For Possible Actions:
-Banner Hangs of Solidarity
-Protests at ICE Facilities (Detention Center List: BORDC: Is There a Detention Center Near You?)
-Protests at Federal Buildings
-Protests at Employers Known To Under-Pay or Exploit Illegal Workers
-Street Theater to Show What Happens When A Family is Torn Apart by an ICE Raid
-ICE Copwatch (Use a phonebook to find ICE locally)
-Murals Dedicated to Illegal Immigrants
-Stencils saying "No ICE Zone" or "Anti-ICE Safe Space" in your neighborhood and in front of your house. (In Spanish: "Zona No ICE" or "Espacio Seguro: No Migra Aqui")
-Vandalism of ICE and DHS Property
-Breaching a Detention Center to Free Imprisoned Immigrants (In Australia and Europe this has been done!)
-Get creative and participate!

Anarchist Call for Immigrant Solidarity on July 21st : Indybay
That one I may get behind------with ICE agents at hand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 09:41 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,907,964 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That one I may get behind------with ICE agents at hand
That sounds like a plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 11:44 AM
 
608 posts, read 881,936 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Some Ideas For Possible Actions:
-Banner Hangs of Solidarity
-Protests at ICE Facilities (Detention Center List: BORDC: Is There a Detention Center Near You?)
-Protests at Federal Buildings
-Protests at Employers Known To Under-Pay or Exploit Illegal Workers
-Street Theater to Show What Happens When A Family is Torn Apart by an ICE Raid
-ICE Copwatch (Use a phonebook to find ICE locally)
-Murals Dedicated to Illegal Immigrants
-Stencils saying "No ICE Zone" or "Anti-ICE Safe Space" in your neighborhood and in front of your house. (In Spanish: "Zona No ICE" or "Espacio Seguro: No Migra Aqui")
-Vandalism of ICE and DHS Property
-Breaching a Detention Center to Free Imprisoned Immigrants (In Australia and Europe this has been done!)
-Get creative and participate!

Anarchist Call for Immigrant Solidarity on July 21st : Indybay
I think we can all agree that there are extremists on all sides of the issue. The scary and frightening part is that all extremists (both sides) feel that taking the law into their own hands is right thing to do. We are doomed to a lawless society. Mad Max is coming to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 11:51 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,797,810 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
I think we can all agree that there are extremists on all sides of the issue. The scary and frightening part is that all extremists (both sides) feel that taking the law into their own hands is right thing to do. We are doomed to a lawless society. Mad Max is coming to mind.
I don't agree with those anarchist and i won't make excuse for what they are doing, unlike those on the so called "anti-illegal" side who make excuses for extremists on their side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,101,099 times
Reputation: 835
by extremists are you referring to state and local officials doing their jobs? oh no, that racist asked for identification!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I don't agree with those anarchist and i won't make excuse for what they are doing, unlike those on the so called "anti-illegal" side who make excuses for extremists on their side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 12:49 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,797,810 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
by extremists are you referring to state and local officials doing their jobs? oh no, that racist asked for identification!!!!!!!!
Nice try Mr. Ionlysupportmyselfforpresident, but there are many examples of the extremists from the "anti-illegal" crowd i'm talking about on this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 6,101,099 times
Reputation: 835
extremists on every level are bad. extreme religion, extreme sports fans, they are all idiots. there is nothing wrong with local authorities asking for identification for violations of the law. the federal government has done nothing, so I have no problem with local authorities taking matters into their own hands. this country isn't smart enough to vote for a good president, like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Nice try Mr. Ionlysupportmyselfforpresident, but there are many examples of the extremists from the "anti-illegal" crowd i'm talking about on this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 01:43 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,797,810 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
extremists on every level are bad. extreme religion, extreme sports fans, they are all idiots. there is nothing wrong with local authorities asking for identification for violations of the law. the federal government has done nothing, so I have no problem with local authorities taking matters into their own hands. this country isn't smart enough to vote for a good president, like me.
I am not talking about local authorities taking matters into their own hands, i'm talking about citizens taking matters into their own hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top