U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-20-2008, 09:24 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

The message in the Compean/Ramos case seems to be: do your jobs and you'll be punished. Ignore illegal aliens violating US laws and you'll be rewarded with pay increases, promotions and other 'goodies' by cynical political leaders who favor an unbridled invasion of the US by millions of illegal aliens," he added.

Three weeks ago, Judicial Watch, a non-partisan, public interest law firm, filed a lawsuit against the Department of State to obtain documents related to the government's decision to prosecute Ramos and Compean and to strike a deal with the criminal and drug trafficker Aldrete-Davila for his testimony against the two agents who intercepted him at the US-Mexican border.

According to officials at Judicial Watch, JD attorneys filed their original FOIA request on April 17, 2008. However, the US government failed to respond within the statutory 20-day period, forcing Judicial Watch attorneys to file their lawsuit.

NWV News -- Judicial Watch Sues US Gov't. on Behalf of Imprisoned Border Patrol Agents

This is wonderful news. Ramos and Compean are American heroes who are being punished simply for doing the job the federal government does not want done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2008, 10:36 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,179,962 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The message in the Compean/Ramos case seems to be: do your jobs and you'll be punished. Ignore illegal aliens violating US laws and you'll be rewarded with pay increases, promotions and other 'goodies' by cynical political leaders who favor an unbridled invasion of the US by millions of illegal aliens," he added.

Three weeks ago, Judicial Watch, a non-partisan, public interest law firm, filed a lawsuit against the Department of State to obtain documents related to the government's decision to prosecute Ramos and Compean and to strike a deal with the criminal and drug trafficker Aldrete-Davila for his testimony against the two agents who intercepted him at the US-Mexican border.

According to officials at Judicial Watch, JD attorneys filed their original FOIA request on April 17, 2008. However, the US government failed to respond within the statutory 20-day period, forcing Judicial Watch attorneys to file their lawsuit.

NWV News -- Judicial Watch Sues US Gov't. on Behalf of Imprisoned Border Patrol Agents

This is wonderful news. Ramos and Compean are American heroes who are being punished simply for doing the job the federal government does not want done.


Absolutely. This is such a horror. The lack of respect and support and actually the outright backstabbing and traitorous behavior by many in our government-Sutton and Bush are at the top of that list- against all law enforcement when it comes to illegal aiens-it just makes me sick.

You had Gary Bruggman, Gilmer Hernandez. Ramos and Compean are in jail. Poor Luis Aguilar murdered. I still think he hesitated in shooting as he knew his "fate" if he had the "nerve" to protect himself and our country. How could the Ramos and Compean tragedy not have been in the back of his mind? Now his murderer is out of prison. Other than the normal congressman-Rohrbacher, Poe, Bilbray etc. who in the government is demanding an investigation? No one. Once again this president and a majority of the politicians care more about illegal alien criminals than brave American heros who put their life on the line to defend this country.

I am hopeful that this Judicial Watch lawsuit will do something to bring these brave men the justice that they deserve.

Nicolem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

Absolutely. This is such a horror. The lack of respect and support and actually the outright backstabbing and traitorous behavior by many in our government-Sutton and Bush are at the top of that list- against all law enforcement when it comes to illegal aiens-it just makes me sick.

You had Gary Bruggman, Gilmer Hernandez. Ramos and Compean are in jail. Poor Luis Aguilar murdered. I still think he hesitated in shooting as he knew his "fate" if he had the "nerve" to protect himself and our country. How could the Ramos and Compean tragedy not have been in the back of his mind? Now his murderer is out of prison. Other than the normal congressman-Rohrbacher, Poe, Bilbray etc. who in the government is demanding an investigation? No one. Once again this president and a majority of the politicians care more about illegal alien criminals than brave American heros who put their life on the line to defend this country.

I am hopeful that this Judicial Watch lawsuit will do something to bring these brave men the justice that they deserve.

Nicolem
Was BP Agent Aguilar the one run over by a coyote/drug dealer type in a Hummer who was 'accidently' freed in Mexico?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 11:46 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,179,962 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Was BP Agent Aguilar the one run over by a coyote/drug dealer type in a Hummer who was 'accidently' freed in Mexico?
Yes that was him. It breaks my heart just thinking about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Houston, Texas
10,425 posts, read 43,565,810 times
Reputation: 10329
Well it's about time. Those illegal alien criminals were being protected by YOUR govt while American heros were protecting OUR country under the laws of the United States of America. And look what YOUR govt did to them for doing the job they were hired to do.

How anyone can ever cheer, rant, defend, support and love this government insults my intelligence. Pee on them all.

So when is that watchdog group going to file charges on the Dictator bushy so we the peons can try him for war crimes against humanity as well as treason? Oh I forgot. The Dictator pushed plenty of new laws through that protects him and his crooked cronies from procecution. Oh and he also got laws through that protects the companies who he ordered to spy on us.

That useless man should be hanging from the same rope as Saddam did. I use the word "man" pretty loosly too.

I hope the lawsuit is successfull and we get those guys out of prison. It's good to know that some one is looking out for us. God only knows....your govt ain't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 11:57 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,795,842 times
Reputation: 620
Hmmm aren't you the same crowd who scream that the law is the law? I thought you guys said exceptions shouldn't be made for anyone when it comes to enforcing the law? Now that i've got that out of the way, i don't mind these border patrol agents being set free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,034 posts, read 32,006,557 times
Reputation: 30433
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The message in the Compean/Ramos case seems to be: do your jobs and you'll be punished. Ignore illegal aliens violating US laws and you'll be rewarded with pay increases, promotions and other 'goodies' by cynical political leaders who favor an unbridled invasion of the US by millions of illegal aliens," he added.

Three weeks ago, Judicial Watch, a non-partisan, public interest law firm, filed a lawsuit against the Department of State to obtain documents related to the government's decision to prosecute Ramos and Compean and to strike a deal with the criminal and drug trafficker Aldrete-Davila for his testimony against the two agents who intercepted him at the US-Mexican border.

According to officials at Judicial Watch, JD attorneys filed their original FOIA request on April 17, 2008. However, the US government failed to respond within the statutory 20-day period, forcing Judicial Watch attorneys to file their lawsuit.

NWV News -- Judicial Watch Sues US Gov't. on Behalf of Imprisoned Border Patrol Agents

This is wonderful news. Ramos and Compean are American heroes who are being punished simply for doing the job the federal government does not want done.
Seeing this case and having these two border patrollers in jail and the drug dealer walk free has made me question can the honest law-abiding american win in america anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top