U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2008, 03:06 PM

7,020 posts, read 10,106,098 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=2]Fort Myers police say he was convicted of 20 felony charges, including armed robbery, grand theft and cocaine trafficking.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]26-year old Abel Arango came to Miami as a Cuban refugee.

In 2000, he was convicted for a felony and sent to a Miami detention facility. Four years later, I.C.E. released him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]A spokesperson for I.C.E. says they released Arango in order to comply with a Supreme Court ruling.

In the 2001 Zavydas vs. Davis case, the Supreme Court ruled that if an illegal immigrant cannot be deported within 180 days, the inmate must be released on an "order of supervision."

I.C.E. says Cuba wouldn't take Arango back.

NBC2 News Online - Cop killer was ordered to be deported (http://www.nbc-2.com/Articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=20517&z=3 - broken link)

I have long ago felt that the US needs to ban the "wet foot, dry foot" policy. The fact that this scum was allowed to roam free and Cuba was allowed to refuse to take this bottom feeder back is yet another example of 3rd world cesspools dumping their trash in our backyard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 05:30 PM

105 posts, read 204,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
[SIZE=2]Fort Myers police say he was convicted of 20 felony charges, including armed robbery, grand theft and cocaine trafficking.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]26-year old Abel Arango came to Miami as a Cuban refugee.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]In 2000, he was convicted for a felony and sent to a Miami detention facility. Four years later, I.C.E. released him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]A spokesperson for I.C.E. says they released Arango in order to comply with a Supreme Court ruling.

In the 2001 Zavydas vs. Davis case, the Supreme Court ruled that if an illegal immigrant cannot be deported within 180 days, the inmate must be released on an "order of supervision."

I.C.E. says Cuba wouldn't take Arango back.

NBC2 News Online - Cop killer was ordered to be deported (http://www.nbc-2.com/Articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=20517&z=3 - broken link)

I have long ago felt that the US needs to ban the "wet foot, dry foot" policy. The fact that this scum was allowed to roam free and Cuba was allowed to refuse to take this bottom feeder back is yet another example of 3rd world cesspools dumping their trash in our backyard.
You and I probably agree on the issue of illegal immigration. We're both very much opposed to it. We're both angry that this country seems unwilling to take constructive steps towards not only stemming but completely eliminating the flow of illegals into this country. We're both angry that businesses continue to flout the laws of this country by hiring illegals. And we both probably applaud efforts by citizens in this country to take steps in effecting positive change. Why though do you feel the need to describe third world countries as cesspools and people from those countries as trash?

Old 07-21-2008, 07:43 AM

15,179 posts, read 16,215,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny1031 View Post
You and I probably agree on the issue of illegal immigration. We're both very much opposed to it. We're both angry that this country seems unwilling to take constructive steps towards not only stemming but completely eliminating the flow of illegals into this country. We're both angry that businesses continue to flout the laws of this country by hiring illegals. And we both probably applaud efforts by citizens in this country to take steps in effecting positive change. Why though do you feel the need to describe third world countries as cesspools and people from those countries as trash?
Of course, I can't speak for the OP, but I don't believe she was implying that ALL are trash -- just the murderers, rapists, thieves, etc. If my inference is correct, I certainly concur.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:18 AM

17,542 posts, read 19,712,218 times
Ban the practice of "anchor babies" as well..

Old 07-21-2008, 08:22 AM

300 posts, read 490,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Ban the practice of "anchor babies" as well..
In reality it is already banned and illegal but of course the idiot judges and such have misinterpreted the Constitution puposely so that this can happen. The 14th Amendment specifically says that foreigners' children are not citizens. It seems that only a few in this country have actually read and understand the Constitution of this country.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny1031 View Post
We agree on all fronts. As for my use of adjectives with regard to 3rd world countries and their criminals, I've grown very weary of all the BS the IA supporters espouse and their deliberate pretense at ignorance of the truth has just really taken it's toll. Additionally, I have never been a fan of PC and simply call them as I see them.

In the future, however, I will try very hard to be a little less harsh.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:46 AM

740 posts, read 1,839,083 times
He should be tried and executed. If there isn't enough room in prison, put him to death!

Old 07-21-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course, I can't speak for the OP, but I don't believe she was implying that ALL are trash -- just the murderers, rapists, thieves, etc. If my inference is correct, I certainly concur.
You are absolutely correct in terms of my feelings, thoughts and emotions with regards to illegal aliens and their perpetual criminal activity. Please feel free to speak for me anytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration