U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 03:12 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times

Advertisements

GWINNETT A HOT SPOT

Here's a synopsis of some recent drug-related kidnappings in Gwinnett, based on police reports, court documents and interviews.

> July 11, DEA agents raided a Lilburn home and arrested three men —- illegal immigrants from Mexico —- and charged them with kidnapping and conspiracy to distribute cocaine. The men beat and chained Oscar Reynoso, 31, to a wall in a basement July 5 for nearly a week to collect a $300,000 drug debt, the DEA said. Reynoso is a legal resident from the Dominican Republic. The men were armed with a military-style assault rifle and a 9mm handgun, the DEA said. The youngest charged with kidnapping was 19 years old.

> July 7, Gwinnett County police shot and killed alleged kidnapper Richard Garcia, 23, during a ransom drop at a Waffle House parking lot near Lawrenceville. They arrested Jose Ramirez-Perez, 24, who was in the car with Garcia, and charged him with false imprisonment in the kidnapping. Relatives say Juan David Arce-Flores was kidnapped July 1 in Sandy Springs by men dressed as police. Arce-Flores escaped from a home at 41 Bethesda Church Road in Lawrenceville after the ransom drop-off went bad. He is a suspected drug dealer and is in Gwinnett jail on charges of giving a false identity, police said.

> May 13, Gwinnett County police arrested nine people in connection with drug trafficking and the kidnapping of a man at 3231 Hamilton Road in Lawrenceville. Police found the victim in the house, unharmed, as well as a 9mm Ruger handgun and about 11 kilos (or 26 pounds) of cocaine. The youngest charged with trafficking is a 16-year-old girl.

> Jan. 19, Herbert Junior Higgins, 57, was found slain in his van in the parking lot of the Wesley Paces Apartments on Jimmy Carter Boulevard in Norcross. Previously Higgins told police he was kidnapped Dec. 21, 2007, by four "professionals" looking for money, who hung him by handcuffs in a warehouse and beat him. They drove Higgins to a friend's home at 1302 Stoneybrook Drive in Tucker because they believed the friend had money. The kidnappers opened fire on the friend, who shot back. Higgins escaped and climbed a fence with his handcuffs on.

'Flood' of drugs from Mexico linked to area abductions | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2008/07/20/drug.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 09:15 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Those damn Mexicans poisoning us Americans with their drugs!
..........their sweet...sweet sweet drugs.............

Btw, this isn't immigration related.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:48 AM

300 posts, read 481,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

BTW, it could be because so many illegals are used as drug mules. Will you stop trying to be a moderator.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:27 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:

Really??????????????????????:

> July 11, DEA agents raided a Lilburn home and arrested three men —- illegal immigrants from Mexico

Old 07-21-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Really??????????????????????:

> July 11, DEA agents raided a Lilburn home and arrested three men —- illegal immigrants from Mexico
Just ignore him. He has this fascination of being a moderator, but he isn't of course.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Just ignore him. He has this fascination of being a moderator, but he isn't of course.
Yeah, its true. I'm taking Forum Moderation 250 at school. Its my backup career. I can only hope though. The competition seems pretty stiff.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
BTW, it could be because so many illegals are used as drug mules. Will you stop trying to be a moderator.
I think I'm going to post a review for the Dark Knight, because I'm sure some illegal immigrants went to go see that, so its somewhat immigration related.
Well, the illegal immigrants who werent out on a killing spree that is.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I think I'm going to post a review for the Dark Knight, because I'm sure some illegal immigrants went to go see that, so its somewhat immigration related.
Well, the illegal immigrants who werent out on a killing spree that is.
Go ahead and PLEASE show us all more childish rants and posts from you. We do so like humor.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Go ahead and PLEASE show us all more childish rants and posts from you. We do so like humor.
At least my posts are intended to be a joke.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
At least my posts are intended to be a joke.
Yeah, right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or