U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 11:13 AM

13,496 posts, read 13,968,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
The last time I went to McDonalds it cost me. After waiting for almost an hour for my order, I threw the food and chocolate shakes in the 2 cashiers face and walked out.
hope this is a joke if not I would ask are you a two year old having a tantrum? how dumb do you have to be to "wait" for an hour for something that should take ten minutes tops? obvious something was way wrong well before an hours time. you should of been arrested for assault as one poster suggested.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:23 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,131,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardonaye View Post
I'd feel safer with a mexican at McDonalds who is working for a living than someone like Tim McVeigh who bombs babies in his own country.

As for Mexican accents English is not their first language, they are bi-lingual.
How many languages do you speak? I'd love to hear you communicate with someone in Mexico.
Did Timmy even work a real job? And I agree with the other poster, he is dead. But watch out for his ghost. My Mexican language skills consist of ola and that is about it, but I plan on staying out of Mexico and leaving their language alone, not forcing them to change one little bit. It would be nice however if they could manage to feed their poor and stop exporting them.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
lol @ banilla

How can I hep choo ? choo wanna bik mock ? beeg fries ? you kits play in the toob ? is cute, no ?

we want them to speak english and when they do we laugh at their accents.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:44 PM

332 posts, read 548,436 times
Quote:
White people are not the only ones who make fun of Hispanics with poor English speaking skills. Even some Hispanics like George Lopez make fun of their own Raza. Have you seen his stand up comedy acts ?

Old 03-27-2010, 01:32 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
What does irk me is why so many US born/raised Latinos still sound like they just crossed the border. Yet virtually every Asian who comes hear at age 12 or younger sounds like a native born Anglo White person by age 21. Needless to say: I place the blame on Hispanic culture 100% for that sad state of affairs pertaining to the former group.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:57 PM

332 posts, read 548,436 times
Quote:
What does irk me is why so many US born/raised Latinos still sound like they just crossed the border. Yet virtually every Asian who comes hear at age 12 or younger sounds like a native born Anglo White person by age 21. Needless to say: I place the blame on Hispanic culture 100% for that sad state of affairs pertaining to the former group.
It is hard for an American born Hispanic to develop an Anglo accent when she or he was raised all of their lives in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood. Remember that most American born Hispanics do not live in predominantly White neighborhoods. America is very racially segregated, remember we are a salad bowl society and not a true melting pot society.

So don't expect most American born Chicanas to sound like Sarah Michelle Gellar from Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:09 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You place the BLAME on the hispanic culture 100%...for what? Irking you?

Old 03-27-2010, 02:24 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
It is hard for an American born Hispanic to develop an Anglo accent when she or he was raised all of their lives in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood. Remember that most American born Hispanics do not live in predominantly White neighborhoods. America is very racially segregated, remember we are a salad bowl society and not a true melting pot society.

So don't expect most American born Chicanas to sound like Sarah Michelle Gellar from Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

All American Kids...

Old 03-27-2010, 02:38 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You place the BLAME on the hispanic culture 100%...for what? Irking you?
I do place the blame on Hispanic culture for it being such a failure-----------why is it with the possible exceptions of Spain, Chile and Costa Rica that every single Spanish speaking nation is so damn poor and dysfunctional? Especially in light of Germany, Japan and several other nations going from devastation and ruin to First World status since after WW II. Note that not a single Hispanic nation has had a major military conflict during the above era.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
White people are not the only ones who make fun of Hispanics with poor English speaking skills. Even some Hispanics like George Lopez make fun of their own Raza. Have you seen his stand up comedy acts ?
one to to laugh "with" a person another to laugh "at" a person one is humor the other is rude and ignorant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or