U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2010, 12:47 AM
 
313 posts, read 295,172 times
Reputation: 44

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I do place the blame on Hispanic culture for it being such a failure-----------why is it with the possible exceptions of Spain, Chile and Costa Rica that every single Spanish speaking nation is so damn poor and dysfunctional? Especially in light of Germany, Japan and several other nations going from devastation and ruin to First World status since after WW II. Note that not a single Hispanic nation has had a major military conflict during the above era.
Stilll pedaling your same anti-Hispanic prejudiced bulls*it.

Sad, sad little man.

 
Old 03-28-2010, 07:19 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Stilll pedaling your same anti-Hispanic prejudiced bulls*it.

Sad, sad little man.
Yes; I am prejudiced against a 'culture' that has a legacy of failure. Sad because so many Latinos (especially illegal aliens) want to flee Mexico, etc. for the USA and want amnesty to boot. Such proves my case.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
You should've been arrested. Unless you're embellishing the incident, which I wouldn't find surprising. Besides, what person would wait an hour for an order at Mcdonald's?

OP: This article states the illegals were using false identities, not committing identity theft. They are two separate things. And BS, the owner of those McDonald's knew exactly who he was hiring. So where's your alleged "outrage" toward him?
A ďfalse identityĒ can in fact also be a stolen identity. The ID is false or fraudulent because it is not the actual identity of the person in possession of the ID. Iím not sure how you concluded that I am not outraged by the unscrupulous employers of illegal aliens. I feel equal disdain for illegals and their peddlers/profiteers.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 12:54 PM
 
4,628 posts, read 9,028,496 times
Reputation: 4225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
All of the above that I bolded are Felonies, period.
Not in all states, unfortunately.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 01:01 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
You should've been arrested. Unless you're embellishing the incident, which I wouldn't find surprising. Besides, what person would wait an hour for an order at Mcdonald's?

OP: This article states the illegals were using false identities, not committing identity theft. They are two separate things. And BS, the owner of those McDonald's knew exactly who he was hiring. So where's your alleged "outrage" toward him?
Felony document fraud either way and it's just one more crime that illegals willingly commit.

It's not just a matter of crossing the border illegally. And it's not just a matter of crossing the border AND grabbing a rake to work some job no one else wanted to do - these people feel they are above ALL the laws.

They believe they are special and should not be expected to file for legal immigration and wait in line with all the others. They don't want fair immigration policies, they'd rather break any law that gets in their way and jump ahead of those who abide by the laws and wait their turn to immigrate.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 01:03 PM
 
4,628 posts, read 9,028,496 times
Reputation: 4225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I didn't ask either one of you for your judgement. It's best that you both keep your mouths shut unless you've heard the full story........which you haven't and won't.
You should've been arrested. Period. Can you not see the difference between a lousy milkshake and assault? Again, who the heck would spend an hour in McDonald's waiting for a milkshake...

So what? The entire McDonald's crew was arrested for selling SS numbers. Is that supposed to excuse your having committed a crime? Sounds like you were in good company, then.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 01:16 PM
 
4,628 posts, read 9,028,496 times
Reputation: 4225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
A ďfalse identityĒ can in fact also be a stolen identity. The ID is false or fraudulent because it is not the actual identity of the person in possession of the ID. Iím not sure how you concluded that I am not outraged by the unscrupulous employers of illegal aliens. I feel equal disdain for illegals and their peddlers/profiteers.
I do understand what I bolded in your post, and was not in disagreement. I was simply trying to point out the distinction.

If I jumped to conclusions about your not feeling disdain for what you call peddlers and profiteers, I apologize. I have yet to see anything in this forum,
such as the usual repetitive posts, about the collusion between and amongst these profiteers.

Where are all the ranting posts about these people? If employers - including large corporations - were not in complicit agreement with hiring illegal immigrants, there would be no market for their labor.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
You should've been arrested. Period. Can you not see the difference between a lousy milkshake and assault? Again, who the heck would spend an hour in McDonald's waiting for a milkshake...

So what? The entire McDonald's crew was arrested for selling SS numbers. Is that supposed to excuse your having committed a crime? Sounds like you were in good company, then.
yada yada yada
 
Old 03-28-2010, 01:23 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Reputation: 453
I have suggested MANY times, start at the top. The higher up owners of McDonald's, UPS, Target, Walmat, etc...fine them, imprison them then move down to the stock holders, fine them, imprison them. Bet you would see a great big decline if not eradication of hiring illegal aliens.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I have suggested MANY times, start at the top. The higher up owners of McDonald's, UPS, Target, Walmat, etc...fine them, imprison them then move down to the stock holders, fine them, imprison them.
Quote:
Bet you would see a great big decline if not eradication of hiring illegal aliens.
We wouldn't see that happen. It would happen too fast for our eyes to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top