U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-22-2008, 05:46 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 32,924,989 times
Reputation: 5539

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Shooting a person once or twice with a gun when he is drawing a weapon is one thing, but a group of people beating that same person, stomping his head in til he dies is a completely different matter. And thats even if he did provoke them or had a weapon.

Its easier to get off for shooting a person than stabbing them repeatedly in self defense. With a gun, you can say you were scared for your life and poured a whole clip into someone because it went by so quick.
To actually repeatedly stab someone is harder to defend, because it is more violent and deliberate.

Same goes with pummeling someone to death.

I am in complete agreement with you here. Good post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2008, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Your point is?
Where is the anger in the 'Hispanic' community or is it acceptable for Latinos to murder one another in cold blood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2008, 07:10 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Where is the anger in the 'Hispanic' community or is it acceptable for Latinos to murder one another in cold blood?
Who says there is no anger in the Latino community when latinos murder one another? The same goes for the black community when blacks murder one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2008, 02:11 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Where is the anger in the 'Hispanic' community or is it acceptable for Latinos to murder one another in cold blood?
This coming from the same guy who commented that there seemed to be "less Black on Black crimes" around the time of the Jamiel Shaw murder.
Youre not up on things enough to assume people are ignoring gang violence in the Latino community.

Its too bad Latino issues are getting overshadowed by the immigration debate.
But what else is new?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2008, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
This coming from the same guy who commented that there seemed to be "less Black on Black crimes" around the time of the Jamiel Shaw murder.
Youre not up on things enough to assume people are ignoring gang violence in the Latino community.

Its too bad Latino issues are getting overshadowed by the immigration debate.
But what else is new?
Then please explain that to the so-called mainstream media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2008, 03:33 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Then please explain that to the so-called mainstream media.
Thats old news too, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2008, 01:18 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
This coming from the same guy who commented that there seemed to be "less Black on Black crimes" around the time of the Jamiel Shaw murder.
Youre not up on things enough to assume people are ignoring gang violence in the Latino community.

Its too bad Latino issues are getting overshadowed by the immigration debate.
But what else is new?
Even you were justifying the Jamiel Shaw murder by an illegal by insisting that Shaw must have had some gang connections.

Never mind there was no evidence Shaw was a member of a gang, you thought he might have made a gang hand sign once or something that gave a Latino the right to kill him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2008, 01:28 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Your point is?
My point is -- no one including yourself gives a damn when it's Mexicans killing Mexicans because you can't exploit their deaths for your open borders agenda.

How are the lives of over 600 murderred Mexicans in Juarez so much more insignificant than this one guy? No one brings up their names, no one speaks of the poor illegitimate children they leave behind who have lost the only father they'll likely ever know or their sad lovers.

Slain 19-year-old hit with bricks, bat - El Paso Times

"The 19-year-old man fatally beaten over the weekend was knocked to the ground, where he was punched, kicked and hit with bricks, rocks and a bat, court documents stated."

Why is this guy's life and killing so much less significant because whites didn't kill him?

Sheriff's investigators kept quiet about man's slaying - El Paso Times

"During the fight, Longoria began swinging a knife to defend himself and slashed Madrid, who was allegedly the third attacker, in the arm and leg when Madrid tried to take away the knife, the document stated. The attacker with the bat kept striking Longoria on the head until Longoria stopped fighting and fell to the ground. Longoria was then put into a vehicle and taken to another location."

But La Raza and the open borders crowd won't care one iota about these victims, because they can't exploit these deaths for their agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2008, 01:56 AM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Even you were justifying the Jamiel Shaw murder by an illegal by insisting that Shaw must have had some gang connections.

Never mind there was no evidence Shaw was a member of a gang, you thought he might have made a gang hand sign once or something that gave a Latino the right to kill him.
Wow.

Yeah, I was told that a lot of times when I challenged the idea of a vicious illegal immigrant murdering a poor helpless bookwom all star athlete.

That is not justifying. Its calling it what it is. If it was gang related, and to leave that out, that would be a LIE.

Your crowd has this annoying tendecy for putting words in peoples mouths. Nobody justified the murder.

Some of us were against the anti-illegal crowd using a tragic scenario thats all too common in America's inner cities(REGARDLESS OF CITIZENSHIP), igorning ALL OTHERS but just paying attention to this ONE because it fitted their agenda, and using a kid's death as a tool in their campaign.

When it blew up in their face, they refused to acknowledge evidence coming out, and when they were called on it, they accused people who said anything about it of "justifying an illegal murderer".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2008, 02:00 AM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
My point is -- no one including yourself gives a damn when it's Mexicans killing Mexicans because you can't exploit their deaths for your open borders agenda.

How are the lives of over 600 murderred Mexicans in Juarez so much more insignificant than this one guy? No one brings up their names, no one speaks of the poor illegitimate children they leave behind who have lost the only father they'll likely ever know or their sad lovers.

Slain 19-year-old hit with bricks, bat - El Paso Times

"The 19-year-old man fatally beaten over the weekend was knocked to the ground, where he was punched, kicked and hit with bricks, rocks and a bat, court documents stated."

Why is this guy's life and killing so much less significant because whites didn't kill him?

Sheriff's investigators kept quiet about man's slaying - El Paso Times

"During the fight, Longoria began swinging a knife to defend himself and slashed Madrid, who was allegedly the third attacker, in the arm and leg when Madrid tried to take away the knife, the document stated. The attacker with the bat kept striking Longoria on the head until Longoria stopped fighting and fell to the ground. Longoria was then put into a vehicle and taken to another location."

But La Raza and the open borders crowd won't care one iota about these victims, because they can't exploit these deaths for their agenda.

Orrrr, are you just mad because theres attention being put on an illegal immigrant was killed by White Americans(as opposed to gangbangers)?

Would you rather people ignore it?

We know about the problems of the Latino community. But this is an IMMIGRATION board. The man was likely killed because he was an IMMIGRANT.
Its going to come up in the IMMIGRATION discussion.

Its fine for you guys to bring up every single article about crime or any unpleasantness that INVOLVES an immigrant, but if theres an article about someone basically getting lynched for BEING an immigrant, you get all hot and bothered.

Whats your beef?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top