U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 03:03 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,941,319 times

Advertisements

How about one of us just says "stuff happens" to completely disregard the murder of this illegal?

"But I wasnt saying that to justify what happened, but just to point out that stuff happens."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...sociate-7.html

Face it -- the death of this illegal matters because he was an illegal from Mexico, obviously since he was an illegal, he never said or did anything wrong. Unlike poor Jamiel Shaw who perfectly deserved to be killed -- according to you because he might have imitated a gang symbol once in his short life, never mind that he was not in a gang, Shaw was asking for it. You said so yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Would you rather people ignore it?

Whats your beef?
How about "stuff happens"? Like your reaction when an innocent black kid is killed by illegals?

My beef is the utter hypocrisy and anti-American racism by the open borders proponents. Fix your own country and maybe you won't all have to come here.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:13 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,009,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
How about one of us just says "stuff happens" to completely disregard the murder of this illegal?

"But I wasnt saying that to justify what happened, but just to point out that stuff happens."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...sociate-7.html

Face it -- the death of this illegal matters because he was an illegal from Mexico, obviously since he was an illegal, he never said or did anything wrong. Unlike poor Jamiel Shaw who perfectly deserved to be killed -- according to you because he might have imitated a gang symbol once in his short life, never mind that he was not in a gang, Shaw was asking for it. You said so yourself.
Simply being Mexican isn't as much reason to be murdered as portraying yourself as a gangmember.

I don't portray myself as a gangmember when in South Central, and I don't wear a deer costume while walking in a forest during hunting season either!

Wear a stethoscope and white coat in a restaurant, and if somebody has a heart attack, you might get mistaken for a doctor.

Learn the difference between a teen portraying himself as gangmember and an illegal Mexican with a family!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:34 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Simply being Mexican isn't as much reason to be murdered as portraying yourself as a gangmember.

I don't portray myself as a gangmember when in South Central, and I don't wear a deer costume while walking in a forest during hunting season either!

Wear a stethoscope and white coat in a restaurant, and if somebody has a heart attack, you might get mistaken for a doctor.

Learn the difference between a teen portraying himself as gangmember and an illegal Mexican with a family!
Indeed there is a great deal of difference. Ramirez had been in the US illegally for 6 years. To the best of my knowledge, residing in a country in violation of the immigration laws for 6 years is a crime. Did he drive car? How did he get a driver's license? Or did he simply dispense with that formality all together? He was employed doing something which means he was either using a stolen/forged SS# or working 'off the books'. And speaking of families............who paid for his kid's births, healthcare, etc.? Did he pay the hospital bill or did he simply let the gringo cover it? Why not, right? After all, we stole their land! And we 'can afford it'.

Your 'illegal Mexican with a family' had no business even being here. None. The fact that he actively chose to come here illegally, work some below minimum wage job, father kids and probably send half his check back to Mexico does not exactly mark him as a pillar of the community no matter how hard you try to paint him as some exemplary individual. I repeat, this entire incident would never have occurred if he had stayed in his own country.

Neither man deserved to have his life taken. That goes without saying and those responsible IN BOTH CASES must be caught and face the full consequences of their actions. But to imply that this illegal alien is some choirboy while Jamiel Shaw brought his death on himself by a gang sign is way out of line.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,854,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Indeed there is a great deal of difference. Ramirez had been in the US illegally for 6 years. To the best of my knowledge, residing in a country in violation of the immigration laws for 6 years is a crime. Did he drive car? How did he get a driver's license? Or did he simply dispense with that formality all together? He was employed doing something which means he was either using a stolen/forged SS# or working 'off the books'. And speaking of families............who paid for his kid's births, healthcare, etc.? Did he pay the hospital bill or did he simply let the gringo cover it? Why not, right? After all, we stole their land! And we 'can afford it'.

Your 'illegal Mexican with a family' had no business even being here. None. The fact that he actively chose to come here illegally, work some below minimum wage job, father kids and probably send half his check back to Mexico does not exactly mark him as a pillar of the community no matter how hard you try to paint him as some exemplary individual. I repeat, this entire incident would never have occurred if he had stayed in his own country.

Neither man deserved to have his life taken. That goes without saying and those responsible IN BOTH CASES must be caught and face the full consequences of their actions. But to imply that this illegal alien is some choirboy while Jamiel Shaw brought his death on himself by a gang sign is way out of line.
How true. Furthermore, we still know very little about this guy. For all we know, he could in fact be a gang member. In any case, both murders were senseless and should not be justified, irrespective of gang activity or lack thereof. However, the common denominator remains…….illegal immigration.

Illegals can’t be murdered in this country if they’re not here, and they can’t become murderers here, if they remain in their country. A person who never enters a crack house has no reason to worry about being killed in one. It’s that simple. I simply don’t understand why this is so difficult for some to grasp.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:11 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,009,876 times
Quote:

If what is being said about Shaw is true, why is that out of line?

If Shaw jumped in front of a bus and got killed, and an illegal alien gets killed by a bus jumping a curb, the alien deserves it more?

You even went into his origins as an illegal immigrant to make him seem like a terrible person, haha. Ridiculous. Call it what you want, thats justifying it. The guy was working two jobs, he wasnt lounging around collecting paychecks.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:22 PM

1,417 posts, read 857,070 times
This is like that Jamil's law stuff.. Jamil was an alleged GANG MEMBER. I saw his pictures on myspace flashing gang signs. But no, anti-illegal radicals exhaust every little chance they get. They basically turned this into a race argument. tsk tsk tsk.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:01 PM

29 posts, read 152,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Do all of you pr-illegal types lack reading comprehension? Is this something that comes with loving criminals?

I never said such a thing and stop trying to say I did. I said that it was not a racial crime because the ethnicity of Mexican is not a race. We discussed this on the other thread and I don't and didn't feel it necessary to say once again that the idiot boys committed a crime.

BTW Sassy, stop trying to put words in other people's mouths because you are not good at it and it shows you to be lacking in debate skills, which you are, but no need to constantly show it.
This sounds defensive to me....I wonder why...

Old 07-23-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
This is like that Jamil's law stuff.. Jamil was an alleged GANG MEMBER. I saw his pictures on myspace flashing gang signs. But no, anti-illegal radicals exhaust every little chance they get. They basically turned this into a race argument. tsk tsk tsk.
My own kids might do something like that on a stupid myspace page -- just to be funny or because they see other kids doing that and they are as far from gang types as you could get.

Because a child posted a picture on myspace flashing a gang hand sign, you're saying is reason to kill him????

Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:

Not to mention -- that "illegal with a family" didn't bother marrying the mother of his children, I would assume that he left behind another family back in Mexico and so couldn't go for the green card marriage, or the welfare check for a single mother supplemented his earnings too much to bother with marriage.

The guy sired at least two children out of wedlock and to a woman who had already used another sire previously. That's not exactly the greatest example of a family man. It's just as possible that the illegal had a myspace page with pictures of him flashing gang symbols too -- and that wouldn't necessarily mean he was in a gang. Or this could have been a drug deal gone bad. Not much information has been given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration