Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 03:30 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I would just like to throw this out there. About 50% of the minutemen are of Mexican decent. There is no race argument here.
Unless Lupe Moreno counts as like 10 people, along with that short old guy making 50 percent..where do you get that number?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
My next door neighbors who are Navajo Indian detest especially illegal immigrant Hispanics--------read that Mexicans.

I dated a Mestizo Latina some years ago who loved to make derogatory remarks about American Indians-------when I called her out on her obvious indigenous heritage, she all but denied it.
So your neighbors don't like illegals,
and that one friend who doesn't like indians.

Im sorry, I only said one source, but you actually have two.

So all Mexicans and Native Americans are against each other?

Whatever, Bear. Facts according to AZBear.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:32 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Unless Lupe Moreno counts as like 10 people, along with that short old guy making 50 percent..where do you get that number?
An American journalist of Mexican descent who has a column in the OCWeekly.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
An American journalist of Mexican descent who has a column in the OCWeekly.
I just wonder, because whenever I see them protesting, its always mostly white people with 1, 2, or 3 Mexican-Americans. Maybe 1 or 2 Black people. A Few more Black people when theyre protesting in South Central or something. But those protests are always heavily counter protested.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:19 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terp88 View Post
So all Hispanics belong to the same race? Most of them don't look very "white" to me...
yes, that is correct. all hispanics belong to the same race, the caucasion or white race.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:26 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
yes, that is correct. all hispanics belong to the same race, the caucasion or white race.
We have to remember that Latin America is just as mixed and matched like the U.S.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:44 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Please explain that to Sammy Sosa; the baseball player from the Dominican Republic. The man is Black and Hispanic.

Alberto Fujimori; the former president of Peru is of 100% Japanese heritage and a Latino as well.

And; of course, most Latinos here in the USA are Mestizo (White/Indian) lineage.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
....It's really an ethnic term; don't let other people - including other Hispanics - turn it into somethings that it's not.
I don't see how "hispanic" really can be an ethnic term. That implies that all the so-called hispanics have the same ethnicty and culture and history when in reality they come from different countries, with different histories and culture.

How is a Dominican any more the same ethnicity as a Chilean or Costa Rican when we consider Polish and German to be different ethnicities? Ethnicities tend to be even further broken down than nationalities -- Spain for example has various ethnicties like the Castilians, Basques and so on. Many countries have a number of large ethnic groups -- yet when it comes to "hispanics", it changes so they are all one big huge ethnicity. In reality even a country like Mexico has people of many varied ethnicities.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terp88 View Post
("hispanics belong to the caucazoid race.") So all Hispanics belong to the same race? Most of them don't look very "white" to me...
Caucasians are not all lily white. According to the old criteria, people in India, the Middle East, Eastern and Southern Europe were Caucasian. To me many hispanics look "whiter" than many Middle Easterners except of course the ones who look Negro or Oriental.

Race is a pretty silly concept when you really look at it, because it's only at the far out edges that race really can be defined. Once you start looking where the lines are blurred you cannot define where one race end and the other begins.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:21 AM

42 posts, read 105,346 times
Quote:
there are three races of humans:

negroid (blacks)

caucazoid (white)

and mongoloid (asian)

hispanics belong to the caucazoid race.
umm, what? why would someone who's primarily black like Sammy Sosa be called a caucazoid, or someone who's predominantly Amerindian like George Lopez be caucasoid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration