Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:15 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times

Advertisements

But along with hundreds of other South Texans delivered by midwives, the validity of Sanchez's birth certificate, and her U.S. citizenship, is being called into question.

"I'm being discriminated against because my parents were unable to pay for a doctor," Sanchez said.

The government suspects that as many as 15,000 midwife-granted birth certificates were issued fraudulently in South Texas. Between 1960 to 2008, more than 75 South Texas midwives were convicted of signing birth certificates for children they did not deliver.

In its attempt to cull American-born applicants from those applying with fraudulent documents, the State Department has put the burden of proof on passport applicants. Many of them have not been able to come up with the necessary and often obscure documentation. Without their passports, they will be unable to visit relatives in Mexico, starting in June 2009.

Breaking News: ‘Stuck in a free country' | applied, free, called : Brownsville Herald (http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/applied_88525___article.html/free_called.html - broken link)

The threat of never returning to their "beloved country" just may run a few million of them back for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 11:40 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
It should certainly give them food for thought. Lies are sneaky like that....they are usually exposed eventually. I’d say this would qualify as “karma.” I wonder how many “legal” citizens were created through this and similar fraud?

Old 07-22-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It should certainly give them food for thought. Lies are sneaky like that....they are usually exposed eventually. I’d say this would qualify as “karma.” I wonder how many “legal” citizens were created through this and similar fraud?

Karma indeed. Criminal minds are at work, 24/7. Those from 3rd world countries are born scamming and continue to learn from those who have mastered it: their parents.

For every law, they invent a loophole in order to achieve their goal of cheating/beating the system. It wouldn't surprise me if somewhere in the near future the issue of falsified birth certificates begins to be scrutinized a little closer and opens an uncontainable can of worms.

I'm still praying for a 3rd candidate October surprise to materialize and that would put an end to all of the speculation of amnesty being sneaked into a 1500 page bill in the middle of the night. If either of the current presidential nominees are elected we'll be fighting at least another 4 years.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:12 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Karma indeed. Criminal minds are at work, 24/7. Those from 3rd world countries are born scamming and continue to learn from those who have mastered it: their parents.

For every law, they invent a loophole in order to achieve their goal of cheating/beating the system. It wouldn't surprise me if somewhere in the near future the issue of falsified birth certificates begins to be scrutinized a little closer and opens an uncontainable can of worms.

I'm still praying for a 3rd candidate October surprise to materialize and that would put an end to all of the speculation of amnesty being sneaked into a 1500 page bill in the middle of the night. If either of the current presidential nominees are elected we'll be fighting at least another 4 years.
Yes, we can certainly pray for a miracle.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:13 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times
Quote:

Me too- If ever we could use a third party candidate now would be the time. I guess right now we at least have to hope for pro-American congressman and senators who will vote against amnesty. At least if we get enough of them in to vote "no" on any amnesty bill that would be great. Also if we can get enough in to vote for Heath Schuler's Save Act-that would be a start as it does have bipartisian support. There have been a few "victories" in runoffs like Utah where the candidate who was pro-American beat the pro-Illegal candidate by a fairly wide margin.

It really is a sad situation when both candidates seem to care more about providing Illegals amnesty instead of fighting for the rights of Americans.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:20 PM

608 posts, read 1,004,711 times
Quote:

I almost thought you were talking about business lobbyists.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

Me too- If ever we could use a third party candidate now would be the time. I guess right now we at least have to hope for pro-American congressman and senators who will vote against amnesty. At least if we get enough of them in to vote "no" on any amnesty bill that would be great. Also if we can get enough in to vote for Heath Schuler's Save Act-that would be a start as it does have bipartisian support. There have been a few "victories" in runoffs like Utah where the candidate who was pro-American beat the pro-Illegal candidate by a fairly wide margin.

It really is a sad situation when both candidates seem to care more about providing Illegals amnesty instead of fighting for the rights of Americans.
Benicar from our lips to God's ears.

NicolemThe sheeple are caught up in the throes of Obamanation worship; the IA's and their huggers have made him the default amnesty giver of choice.

Unfortunately for those of us who are paying attention and voting issues not for the prom queen, we have a battle ahead. If Obama is elected, along with the majority of congress being democrats, we are going to have to set our alarm clocks to get up and watch CSpan in the wee hours to make sure they don't try to slip a shamnesty provision into a legitimate bill. The last time they slipped it into the funding for the troops. *dirty [mod edit]*.

The upside: There are republicans and a few democrats in congress that sound the alarm as soon as they get wind of the opposition's schemes. There are some in our government that are truly for the people.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:23 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,383,638 times
Amnesty DOESN'T work!!!! At least four EU nations as well as ourselves have tried it and all it does is encourage more illegal immigration. I am sure no one here needs to be explained the why and how of that so why the hell don't our so-called representatives in Washington get it.

Detaining and deporting all of the illegal aliens of course. The man-power and the funds are just not there. Those who hire or shield illegal aliens must be severely punished not with just a small fine and a slap on the wrist but by jail time and long sentences for repeat offenders even if it is someone like the CEO of General Foods or the like. Dry up the job market and I believe that a significant number will leave on their own.

Who will fill the jobs that the illegals fill? Americans of course. But that means a much stricter control of the welfare program. Example: every morning at about 7AM I see the four corners of the intersection of Sheffield and Lawrence in Chicago, full of healthy people who have been put out of the homeless shelter for the day, sitting on their arses and smoking ($7.50 a pack). They are mentally and physically sound and under 50. I saw a similar situation in Los Angeles at MacArthur Park. What's going on? Taking care of the infirm and the aged is one thing but this is obscene.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:08 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Fraudulent documents are common and are sold by macaderos on street corners.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Fraudulent documents are common and are sold by macaderos on street corners.
Or under the guise of a legitimate business by fathers of Chicago Aldermen

CHICAGO -- A Chicago alderman's father pleaded guilty Tuesday to federal charges that he conspired to make fake IDs at a photo shop in the city's heavily Mexican-American Little Village neighborhood.

Elias Munoz, 63, acknowledged at a hearing before U.S. District Judge Rebecca R. Pallmeyer that he knew the photos he took would be used in the manufacture of fake drivers licenses and state and federal ID papers.

"Why?" Pallmeyer asked.

"Well, that was the business," Munoz, a native of Mexico, said simply, speaking through a translator.

Munoz, the father of Chicago Alderman Ricardo Munoz (22nd), faces a maximum sentence of five years and a $250,000 fine, but the actual punishment is likely to be considerably lighter. Sentencing is set for Sept. 24.

The alderman was not on hand for the plea.

The elder Munoz left the courthouse declining to comment.

"We don't want to say anything," said defense attorney Steven Shobat.

Shobat did tell the judge that while his client is guilty of the charge, the defense believes prosecutors overstated the specifics of the case in order to influence whatever sentence Pallmeyer imposes.

Alderman's Father Pleads Guilty In Fake ID Case - News Story - WMAQ | Chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration