U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2008, 09:39 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
GAY MEN. How many illegals are there? And how many are gay? Homosexuality in Mexican culture is really taboo. How are illegal aliens Anchor babies? Last time I checked people who were born in the U.S are American citizens.

Homosexual marriage is completely legal in Mexico City and homosexuality is FAR from taboo in Mexico. Can we say "Juan Gabriel"? Can we say "Cristian Chavez"? Or have you never seen the popularity of the trasvesti shows in immigrant regions here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2008, 09:45 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Read this in the article in the newspaper today. JDubsMom, before you get mad at an entire group of people, lets focus on this group of people. The article only mentioned Gay Latino men. chill...
Did you bother to read the article because actually that isn't the case. The article refers to Hispanics and doesn't mention Gay Latino men except to say 1 out of 4 of them have HIV. What the article mentioned was African Americans and gay white men as overshadowing the HIV problem.

Other articles are more specific about the larger "bisexual" and drug use issues in the "hispanic" populations that are making the HIV problem worse for hispanics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2008, 11:02 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The only thing the Mexican government/consulates supplies are matricular cards and instructions on how to cross the border and if caught how to avoid deportation. THEY DON'T CARE about their "brown people" why do you think they supply them with maps and instructions on how to illegally cross our borders? They have built 47 consulates here so that the "brown people" don't have an excuse or a reason to come back. As for us educating them, like everything else, I'm sure our "generous government" provides pamphlets in SPANISH, it's not like the have to LEARN ENGLISH to read them.
You always talk about the Mexican government, what about your own government? Are they going to really do something about it? But what I really found sad is this statement.

Just what we need, a nation filled with HIV positive anchor babies.

You're talking about helpless babies here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2008, 11:26 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Homosexual marriage is completely legal in Mexico City and homosexuality is FAR from taboo in Mexico. Can we say "Juan Gabriel"? Can we say "Cristian Chavez"? Or have you never seen the popularity of the trasvesti shows in immigrant regions here?
I actually agree. Mexicans, even the working class, are pretty tolerant of gays for the most part.

Except, I guess, when its their kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2008, 11:28 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
You always talk about the Mexican government, what about your own government? Are they going to really do something about it? But what I really found sad is this statement.

Just what we need, a nation filled with HIV positive anchor babies.

You're talking about helpless babies here.
Don't try to appeal to a human side. It just isnt there.

She's likely to respond:

"An illegal baby is still an ILLEGAL BABY!!

I say we make a slingshot and fire those future felons across the border to El Crappotown!

MUAHAHAHAHAH! "


..Sorry..went a bit too far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 06:34 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
You always talk about the Mexican government, what about your own government? Are they going to really do something about it? But what I really found sad is this statement.

Just what we need, a nation filled with HIV positive anchor babies.

You're talking about helpless babies here.
We are dealing with OUR government, why do you think the crackdowns are occurring?

The bigger question you should pose to yourself and other illegal aliens who think we are here to cushion their lives simply because they are too cowardly to rise up and fight their battles at home: What are you doing about yours?

Finally the truth emerges. Although I must admit nobody really believed for one minute that you were a US citizen.


As for the helpless babies? That's a question you need to ask those who come here illegally and breed perpetually with the full knowledge that they can't even support themselves yet they deliberately get pregnant and use their "helpless babies" as human shields to: avoid deportation, gain sympathy, citizenship for the illegal alien anchor in their scheme to receive welfare benefits and guaranteed future chain migration. Yet you expect the "stupid" gringo and other American tax payers to be compassionate AND foot the bills because they lack self control and their brains are between their legs?

These words come to mind. You can translate them to those who demand citizenship, tax dollars and compassion yet can't bother learning the language or obeying the laws of this country:

FIX YOUR OWN DAMN COUNTRY, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY: ABSTINENCE

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-24-2008 at 07:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 09:47 AM
 
1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Did you bother to read the article because actually that isn't the case. The article refers to Hispanics and doesn't mention Gay Latino men except to say 1 out of 4 of them have HIV. What the article mentioned was African Americans and gay white men as overshadowing the HIV problem.

Other articles are more specific about the larger "bisexual" and drug use issues in the "hispanic" populations that are making the HIV problem worse for hispanics.

And so because the article mentioned that it would be difficult for illegal alien Gays to be tested this automatically earns it a spot in the immigration section? And when did you become the expert on Mexican culture? If they really were that accepted, then why do the gays in the pueblo where my grandparents are from meet behind closed doors at secret bars? Machismo in Mexican culture is very strong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Back in the Ellis Island days: 'running the gauntlet' to gain entry in the USA was tough; prospective immigrants had to go through a series of physical/mental tests after arriving here by boat-------many were rejected.

I am not saying it was fair but; the line had to be drawn somewhere due to Europe's then explosive birthrate and upheavals.

Translation: it is past time to seal off at least our southern border and institute strict tests to 'weed out' potential undesirables.

Note: I am not referring to a known HIV positive person visting here legally for family/friend reasons and/or attending an AIDS conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 10:49 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Back in the Ellis Island days: 'running the gauntlet' to gain entry in the USA was tough; prospective immigrants had to go through a series of physical/mental tests after arriving here by boat-------many were rejected.

I am not saying it was fair but; the line had to be drawn somewhere due to Europe's then explosive birthrate and upheavals.

Translation: it is past time to seal off at least our southern border and institute strict tests to 'weed out' potential undesirables.

Note: I am not referring to a known HIV positive person visting here legally for family/friend reasons and/or attending an AIDS conference.
Even better, how about we reinstate the original purpose immigration was instituted:

To fill a job that an American is NOT available for or does not have the skills to fill.



That and the mental test alone would eliminate millions of them from ever being able to enter.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-24-2008 at 11:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 02:25 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
We are dealing with OUR government, why do you think the crackdowns are occurring?

The bigger question you should pose to yourself and other illegal aliens who think we are here to cushion their lives simply because they are too cowardly to rise up and fight their battles at home: What are you doing about yours?

Finally the truth emerges. Although I must admit nobody really believed for one minute that you were a US citizen.

As for the helpless babies? That's a question you need to ask those who come here illegally and breed perpetually with the full knowledge that they can't even support themselves yet they deliberately get pregnant and use their "helpless babies" as human shields to: avoid deportation, gain
sympathy, citizenship for the illegal alien anchor in their scheme to receive welfare benefits and guaranteed future chain migration. Yet you expect the "stupid" gringo and other American tax payers to be compassionate AND foot the bills because they lack self control and their brains are between their legs?

These words come to mind. You can translate them to those who demand citizenship, tax dollars and compassion yet can't bother learning the language or obeying the laws of this country:

FIX YOUR OWN DAMN COUNTRY, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY: ABSTINENCE

I hate to burst your bubble but I am a US citizen and all of my family for generations have been US citizens. I'm English & German. My country the USA is doing nothing but flapping their gums to make you feel better.
If I were Mexican, I would be glad...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top