U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:44 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/2008/0723/16963491_240X180.jpg (broken link)

81 Arrested In Anti-Gang Sweep

POSTED: 8:30 pm PDT July 22, 2008
UPDATED: 6:28 am PDT July 23, 2008

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/sh/storytools/storytools_newsvine.gif (broken link)http://www.nbcsandiego.com/sh/storytools/storytools_delicious.gif (broken link)http://www.nbcsandiego.com/sh/storytools/storytools_digg.gif (broken link)http://www.nbcsandiego.com/sh/storytools/storytools_facebook.gif (broken link) (broken link)http://www.nbcsandiego.com/sh/storytools/storytools_reddit.gif (broken link)http://www.nbcsandiego.com/sh/storytools/storytools_rss.gif (broken link)http://www.nbcsandiego.com/sh/storytools/storytools_print.gif (broken link)http://www.nbcsandiego.com/sh/storytools/storytools_email.gif (broken link)

SAN DIEGO -- A total of 81 foreign nationals are facing federal and state criminal charges or deportation following a multi-agency enforcement operation led by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to crack down on violent street gangs in the greater San Diego area, police said.

The latest arrests are the result of one of the largest gang enforcement operations carried out as part of ICE's Operation Community Shield in San Diego.

81 Arrested In Anti-Gang Sweep - Local News Story - KNSD | San Diego (http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/16960852/detail.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 09:17 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
IMO, the top priority for ICE should be the apprehension and deportation of ALL illegal alien gang members. They have been permitted to gain a stronghold in every major city in this country, and are now infecting small town USA. The senseless murders of the students in Newark, and the recent murders of Mr. Bologna and his sons, provides glaring evidence of the menace these miscreants pose. It can no longer be argued that only those involved in gang activity become victims.

There are more than enough gangs comprised of U.S. citizens; we donít need more. If this problem is not eradicated soon, none of us will be safe from these vicious sociopaths.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
IMO, the top priority for ICE should be the apprehension and deportation of ALL illegal alien gang members. They have been permitted to gain a stronghold in every major city in this country, and are now infecting small town USA. The senseless murders of the students in Newark, and the recent murders of Mr. Bologna and his sons, provides glaring evidence of the menace these miscreants pose. It can no longer be argued that only those involved in gang activity become victims.

There are more than enough gangs comprised of U.S. citizens; we donít need more. If this problem is not eradicated soon, none of us will be safe from these vicious sociopaths.
Agreed. IMO all illegals are angry, jealous and malicious, including the ones who allegedly are only here "looking for a better life". Intentional or not they are destroying this country one state at a time. Their wanting what Americans have is what brings them here and they are determined to either have what we have or destroy us as a people and a nation in the process of trying.

If they simply wanted a better life, the rational choice would be to stay home and use America as a model to emulate, not as ground zero for destruction of our sovereignty, culture and way of life.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:48 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,545,561 times
OUTSTANDING!

We need to see much more of this, daily, until the illegal immigrant problem is put in check!

Old 07-23-2008, 09:51 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. IMO all illegals are angry, jealous and malicious, including the ones who allegedly are only here "looking for a better life". Intentional or not they are destroying this country one state at a time. Their wanting what Americans have is what brings them here and they are determined to either have what we have or destroy us as a people and a nation in the process of trying.

If they simply wanted a better life, the rational choice would be to stay home and use America as a model to emulate, not as ground zero for destruction of our sovereignty, culture and way of life.

Bravo! Americans fought hard and many died in the Am Revolution, Civil War not to mention the Civil Rights movement. These aren't the only times-just the three big examples-there are many more examples-just look at our history. Americans sacrificed, died and gave up an awful lot to bring our country forward and to have a better life for it's citizens. Why is it that other people refuse to do the same in their own country? Because it is too difficult? Too much sacrifice? Is hard work, sacrifice, etc. something outdated in the modern world? Something that should remain prior to the 1960's? It was good for generations before why not for the people today? I am so glad that Americans did not live by that mantra- I can't even imagine what our country would be like today if they had.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:57 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,136,339 times
I am daydreaming of a San Diego without the MS-13 morons running the little neighborhoods. Someday I may be able to live where I want to live in my own country. What possibilities we have to clean up our once beautiful cities and see young families getting a start in a tiny bungalow. Why do gang members seem to inhabit the most expensive, ocean front properties?

Old 07-23-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

Bravo! Americans fought hard and many died in the Am Revolution, Civil War not to mention the Civil Rights movement. These aren't the only times-just the three big examples-there are many more examples-just look at our history. Americans sacrificed, died and gave up an awful lot to bring our country forward and to have a better life for it's citizens. Why is it that other people refuse to do the same in their own country? Because it is too difficult? Too much sacrifice? Is hard work, sacrifice, etc. something outdated in the modern world? Something that should remain prior to the 1960's? It was good for generations before why not for the people today? I am so glad that Americans did not live by that mantra- I can't even imagine what our country would be like today if they had.
Nicolem several reasons come to mind . . . . lazy, cowardly and false sense of entitlement.

While the heavy lifting has already been done, those who had no part in making America the great nation it is today somehow think they should share in the accomplishments. Millions of Mexicans think they are entitled based on their virtue of being born in walking distance to our borders.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I am daydreaming of a San Diego without the MS-13 morons running the little neighborhoods. Someday I may be able to live where I want to live in my own country. What possibilities we have to clean up our once beautiful cities and see young families getting a start in a tiny bungalow. Why do gang members seem to inhabit the most expensive, ocean front properties?
Our choices have become very limited as a result of this invasion. You would think it would be the reverse.

I lived in Dallas from '96 to '98 and I thank God everyday that the heat drove me back to the midwest. The thought of living in the midst of the reconquista of Texas is beyond cringeworthy.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:46 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
If only you hadn't included the photo with the post - the image of that back-lard is going to give me nightmares tonight!

Old 07-23-2008, 11:39 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

If they simply wanted a better life, the rational choice would be to stay home and use America as a model to emulate, not as ground zero for destruction of our sovereignty, culture and way of life
Excellent point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or