U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:53 AM

2,568 posts, read 5,838,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Sorry, but out on the road at 2:00 in the morning is not where kids belong. Especially considering that is when all the drunk drivers are known for hitting the road. I don't care if she was taking them to Disneyland - she should have stopped for the night and put them to bed and started up again in the morning. Really.

I guess different people have different parenting standards.
Are you telling me I have low parenting standards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 11:54 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
Are you telling me I have low parenting standards?
No, those are your words. I said different standards.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:59 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Guys:

All of you please take a chill pill; the bottom line was that the children were endangered-------and we come across looking like a bunch of fools fighting amongst ourselves to the amusement of the pro illegal posters.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
No, those are your words. I said different standards.
Different how? I think it is OK to drive at 2AM with your kids in the car specially since she had a male companion in case of car trouble. That the man turned out to be a coward is another story.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:14 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Guys:

All of you please take a chill pill; the bottom line was that the children were endangered-------and we come across looking like a bunch of fools fighting amongst ourselves to the amusement of the pro illegal posters.
Quote:
Different how? I think it is OK to drive at 2AM with your kids in the car specially since she had a male companion in case of car trouble. That the man turned out to be a coward is another story.
AB is right - no point in nitpicking the details of this story. As far as parenting and poor judgment - that already began when the parents chose a life of crime by living illegally.

Car trouble is not the only thing that can go wrong at 2:00 am - I have a friend who fell asleep at the wheel and it was only 11:00 pm. She's lucky to be alive and that she was traveling alone so there were no other lives to be endangered. But as far as culpability, the jerk who fled the scene and left the kids alone is #1 in my book, the cop is #2 for not ensuring the kids were safe after he arrested the mom, and #3 are the parents for being here illegally in the first place.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:00 PM

307 posts, read 458,164 times
Quote:
Are you calling me foolish and petty? I would consider that a violation of the TOS.
I'm sorry if my statement was misunderstood and you thought I MEANT you were "foolish and petty." That was not my intent and for that I do apologize.

I said it gives that appearance of such and thus such statements are best avoided. After all this is an Immigration forum and jumping on someone for driving after dark in no way advances that and only alienates those, who do drive after dark, who might otherwise be in your corner.

Quote:
Car trouble is not the only thing that can go wrong at 2:00 am - I have a friend who fell asleep at the wheel and it was only 11:00 pm. She's lucky to be alive and that she was traveling alone so there were no other lives to be endangered.
Maybe you have been mislead by all the hype by the over protective media.

According to the study below page 33, A female driver driving ONLY at night vs a Female driver Driving ONLY during the day would on the average have to Drive 126 YEARS before she got into ONE more injury accident then the Day time driver. And by that time each driver would have already been involved in four other accidents.

Should kids not be allowed to eat meat? You are FAR more likely to increase the risk of death to your kids by feeding them meat then driving them at night. We have become such a nanny state. The Kids can’t play sports in school, can’t eat at McDonalds, can’t play with guns, and now … Can’t be in a car after dark! They are begining to sound like Gremlins (the movie not the car).

If you wish to continue debating this then please answer the question “What is the difference between the other risk areas mentioned (sports and meat) which are MORE likely to result in death and that of driving at night?”

http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstr...6.0001.001.pdf

Quote:
But as far as culpability, the jerk who fled the scene and left the kids alone is #1 in my book, the cop is #2 for not ensuring the kids were safe after he arrested the mom, and #3 are the parents for being here illegally in the first place.
At least we agree that the coward who ran away is the number one person to blame

Random

Last edited by RandomU; 07-23-2008 at 01:47 PM..

Old 07-23-2008, 02:09 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Group hug

Old 07-23-2008, 02:23 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
You've never traveled with kids? It is a lot easier to travel when they are sleep in the car? She was taking them to see their father not to a bar. Really. The arresting officer was irresponsible leaving the children in the highway. How hard was it to put everyone in the car and drive to the police station?
I agree with you on traveling with kids at night, and it is really no ones business to say when a parent can travel with their children.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:06 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
"False license plate" I think someone accused me of being a racist when I mentioned that is common among illegals.

Also I have seen them letting their very young children rip and run and scream and play in the front yard until at least midnight.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
"False license plate" I think someone accused me of being a racist when I mentioned that is common among illegals.

Also I have seen them letting their very young children rip and run and scream and play in the front yard until at least midnight.
I played outside when I was a kid till midnight or later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or