U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:55 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
ITA. It never ceases to amaze me what's formulated in the minds and comes out of the mouths of some people in the lamest of attempts to justify criminal activity of illegal aliens.

At what point do these people not understand that lawlessness and criminal activity is what makes their beloved Mexico (and other 3rd world countries) an uninhabitable hell hole?

Their mental capacity is the equivalent of dogs chasing their own tails isn't it?
Sadly, they strive to recreate the same environment they so desperately fled. It's part of their pathology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 05:09 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sadly, they strive to recreate the same environment they so desperately fled. It's part of their pathology.

Sad indeed, yet they can't grasp the concept of going home where they will be much more comfortable in their own "element".

Old 07-23-2008, 05:36 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
The operative word is:ILLEGAL. As JDubsMom has stated, we have laws. Granted, illegal aliens consider them as mere inconveniences; nevertheless, they do exist. The mission of this organization is aiding and abetting illegal aliens. In case you didn't know, we have laws prohibiting such practices. Once an illegal is arrested, they should be deported. They certainly should not be released on bail to roam free in a country in which their very presence is a violation of our laws.

So yes, I will gripe.
It would seem that there is NO law for an individual helping with their bond, which is not illegal.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:03 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
The article made no mention of it helping illegal aliens. It mentions "immigrants". Nothing wrong with that if it is a private organization.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:51 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
The article made no mention of it helping illegal aliens. It mentions "immigrants". Nothing wrong with that if it is a private organization.
Quote:
The organization's website says it "seeks to reaffirm the values of dignity and due process by assisting immigrants swept up in Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) actions to post bond quickly in order to secure a fair hearing in America's courts."
Illegal aliens need assistance with ICE, not "legal immigrants." Legal immigrants have a right to be here; hence, they are classified as legal.

For future reference; when you read an article from a pro-illegal source and see the word “immigrant” -- it is generally referring to "illegal" aliens. Apparently you don’t realize “illegal alien” has now been classified as hate speech by illegal immigration apologists.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 778 times
Unhappy I am so sorry that you feel the way you do about illegal immigration.

As i am married to Mexican citizen i have a small little point to make here. He came here legally and after we married applied to become a citizen of our country. but because of our immigration laws are so screwed up his petiton for change of status took forever to be processed. He was picked up by ICE and detained at the Tacoma Washington center. I had to pay $10,000 to bond him out so that he can finish the immigration process that should have not taken so long in the first place,. Yes!!! there are bad people out there but even ours has some real messed people every culture does. We have mass murders, rapist and drug dealers in our own race so lets not pursicute everyone for a few bad apples.

I wish we had more understanding in this area. Do you know how many people being detained by ICE were waiting on immigration. Mothers of 4 or 5 children who are legally married to american men.

I am sorry but i can not stand interolerance. This country is the melting pot of Immigrants and Jesus Christ himself an Immigrant.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 AM

67 posts, read 85,297 times
He shouldnt have came over here illegally.Next time he should wait in line and apply or hire a lawyer and pay the fines like Ceasar Milan(the dog whisperer) did.And I hope he speaks decent english, because Im sick of these people refusing to speak the national language. My greatgrandparents immigrated from Italy in the early 1900's, learned english, taught there kids to speak english, refused to teach them Italian.You know why they refused to teach them Italian? Because, they wanted them to be American, to mesh with and assimillate into American society, unlike the Latinos that come across the border today.I look at this problem as an invasion .If it was Iraq on the other side of that border people would take a different approach to this illegal(not undocumented) immigration problem.Im glad that they cant become a citizen by marriage, and Im all out of tolerance btw. 13billion anually is what they cost Californians. Their kids fill up our schools until about the 9th or 10th grade when they drop out and go get labor jobs.They are uneducated , and unskilled, bringing down the quality of life for the American citizens living around them. You should move to Mexico to go live with him if you love him so much. You can find out how well the Mexicans tolerate illegal immigrants in their country. I gaurantee you'll be kicked out with in a year.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:36 AM

67 posts, read 85,297 times
Quote:
Illegal aliens need assistance with ICE, not "legal immigrants." Legal immigrants have a right to be here; hence, they are classified as legal.

For future reference; when you read an article from a pro-illegal source and see the word “immigrant” -- it is generally referring to "illegal" aliens. Apparently you don’t realize “illegal alien” has now been classified as hate speech by illegal immigration apologists.
BTW the new buzzword the drive by liberal media Moderator cut: inappropriate languagelike to use in place of "illegal" is "undocumented".

Last edited by Yac; 02-18-2009 at 03:08 AM..

Old 02-17-2009, 10:40 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by localuz2005 View Post
As i am married to Mexican citizen i have a small little point to make here. He came here legally and after we married applied to become a citizen of our country. but because of our immigration laws are so screwed up his petiton for change of status took forever to be processed. He was picked up by ICE and detained at the Tacoma Washington center. I had to pay $10,000 to bond him out so that he can finish the immigration process that should have not taken so long in the first place,. Yes!!! there are bad people out there but even ours has some real messed people every culture does. We have mass murders, rapist and drug dealers in our own race so lets not pursicute everyone for a few bad apples.

I wish we had more understanding in this area. Do you know how many people being detained by ICE were waiting on immigration. Mothers of 4 or 5 children who are legally married to american men.

I am sorry but i can not stand interolerance. This country is the melting pot of Immigrants and Jesus Christ himself an Immigrant.
Which is it: was your husband here legally or illegally in the first place? If here legally and he got deported due to a screwup with naturalization, you (and he) may have a case.

As for those moms who have 4 or 5 kids: that by itself is irresponsible unless they can afford 'em. And hooking up with a guy who is illegal in the first place--------tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or