U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:32 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times

Advertisements

Ok, we all know the "immigrants" being arrested by ICE are in fact illegal aliens. Why are these pro-illegal organizations so utterly disingenuous? Given the high percentage of illegal alien absconders, I cannot fathom why they are even granted bail.

Quote:
The organization's website says it "seeks to reaffirm the values of dignity and due process by assisting immigrants swept up in Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) actions to post bond quickly in order to secure a fair hearing in America's courts."

The organization was pioneered by multi-millionaire Robert Hildreth, who was upset by images from an ICE raid in Boston and offered to post bond for immigration detainees. The group has an innovative approach. To encourage immigrants to appear in court, it asks detainees' families to match the bail contributions.
Immigration Chronicles: National fund to help immigrants make bond
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 12:38 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Ok, we all know the "immigrants" being arrested by ICE are in fact illegal aliens. Why are these pro-illegal organizations so utterly disingenuous? Given the high percentage of illegal alien absconders, I cannot fathom why they are even granted bail.

Gee, I guess this couldn't be considered aiding and abetting, but how about the RICO act being used to control idiots like this one? Those who encourage illegal alien presence should arrested and jailed.

The insanity continues . . . .

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-23-2008 at 12:46 PM..

Old 07-23-2008, 12:54 PM

16,700 posts, read 18,909,509 times
I don't like illegal immigration but this is a "private" fund and doesn't use taxpayers money.. I guess I don't see a problem when a private group provides bail... If the person doesn't show up for court then I say convict the illegal immigrant and use the bail money to fund ICE programs..

Old 07-23-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't like illegal immigration but this is a "private" fund and doesn't use taxpayers money.. I guess I don't see a problem when a private group provides bail... If the person doesn't show up for court then I say convict the illegal immigrant and use the bail money to fund ICE programs..
I'm not following you. If the illegal alien fails to appear in court, the bail money is lost, and there will be no hearing. The illegal simply leaves the country, or moves to another area.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:18 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,733,980 times
Quote:

There are many advocates out there to help the illegals, if it is not coming out of the tax payers pocket, there should be no gripe.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
There are many advocates out there to help the illegals, if it is not coming out of the tax payers pocket, there should be no gripe.

Yeah I guess not except for those pesky little inconveniences called BORDERS AND LAWS.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
The operative word is:ILLEGAL. As JDubsMom has stated, we have laws. Granted, illegal aliens consider them as mere inconveniences; nevertheless, they do exist. The mission of this organization is aiding and abetting illegal aliens. In case you didn't know, we have laws prohibiting such practices. Once an illegal is arrested, they should be deported. They certainly should not be released on bail to roam free in a country in which their very presence is a violation of our laws.

So yes, I will gripe.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:44 PM

16,700 posts, read 18,909,509 times
Quote:
I'm not following you. If the illegal alien fails to appear in court, the bail money is lost, and there will be no hearing. The illegal simply leaves the country, or moves to another area.
I meant let them out on bail in their country and set up a court date... if they don't show then we use the bail money on ICE programs... no reason to waste taxpayer to hold and feed the illegal immigrant... the bail money can come in handy to increase funding for ICE programs...

Old 07-23-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
The operative word is:ILLEGAL. As JDubsMom has stated, we have laws. Granted, illegal aliens consider them as mere inconveniences; nevertheless, they do exist. The mission of this organization is aiding and abetting illegal aliens. In case you didn't know, we have laws prohibiting such practices. Once an illegal is arrested, they should be deported. They certainly should not be released on bail to roam free in a country in which their very presence is a violation of our laws.

So yes, I will gripe.
ITA. It never ceases to amaze me what's formulated in the minds and comes out of the mouths of some people in the lamest of attempts to justify criminal activity of illegal aliens.

At what point do these people not understand that lawlessness and criminal activity is what makes their beloved Mexico (and other 3rd world countries) an uninhabitable hell hole?

Their mental capacity is the equivalent of dogs chasing their own tails isn't it?

Old 07-23-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I meant let them out on bail in their country and set up a court date... if they don't show then we use the bail money on ICE programs... no reason to waste taxpayer to hold and feed the illegal immigrant... the bail money can come in handy to increase funding for ICE programs...
Oh, I understand. In that case, I agree 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or