Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,507,691 times

Advertisements

Our tax dollars are being squandered on courts costs for illegal aliens. Once a determination has been made that they are in fact illegal, they should be immediately deported. There should be no tax-funded lawyer, no tax-funded trial, and no tax-funded jail. Heck, they return in a few days anyway thanks to our porous borders.

Quote:
Immigration Cases in 5 Border Districts Make Up 75 Percent of Country's Felony Cases

Immigration-related felony trials have been on the rise for several years, straining the resources of courts and prisons from Texas to California and illustrating the difficulties of policing the country's primary point of entry for illegal immigrants and drugs.
ABC News: Busiest Judge Sentences 1,200 a Year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 04:42 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,766,709 times
Deportation is only a temporary fix because they keep coming back... put up physical barriers, deny non-emergency public service, stop anchor babies, and sanctions against those who employ illegal immigrants is a more comprehensive measure...

Old 07-23-2008, 05:00 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,377,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Our tax dollars are being squandered on courts costs for illegal aliens. Once a determination has been made that they are in fact illegal, they should be immediately deported. There should be no tax-funded lawyer, no tax-funded trial, and no tax-funded jail. Heck, they return in a few days anyway thanks to our porous borders.

ABC News: Busiest Judge Sentences 1,200 a Year

Yes there are and yet the IA huggers insist they are just here looking for a better life.

The cost of all the chaos that they create should be deducted from the initial amount of foreign aid to their homeland. Or even better all foreign aid should be cut off until they (Mexico in particular) takes back it's nationals.

Of course I'm dreaming, they don't want them either.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:07 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,151,070 times
Wait OP, so who are you trying to blame here? The Government, that they do nothing to solve the problem? Or the immigrants for being here?

Old 07-24-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Wait OP, so who are you trying to blame here? The Government, that they do nothing to solve the problem? Or the immigrants for being here?
They are BOTH culpable. If I fail to lock my front door, and a burglar enters and steals my valuables -- are you suggesting the burglar is “innocent” simply because I failed to secure my house?

Old 07-24-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
They are BOTH culpable. If I fail to lock my front door, and a burglar enters and steals my valuables -- are you suggesting the burglar is “innocent” simply because I failed to secure my house?
Apples and oranges. Unless you try to spin it in the way that "they pay no taxes and reap out benefits", but then again that's the Governments fault for not regulating their social services.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Apples and oranges. Unless you try to spin it in the way that "they pay no taxes and reap out benefits", but then again that's the Governments fault for not regulating their social services.
Apples and oranges? I think not. These criminals should not be in this country, and the taxpayers should not have this burden. We need to start billing the countries of origin for sending their miscreants to the U.S. to wreak havoc and clog our court systems.

Just curious…..are you a legal resident?

Old 07-24-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Apples and oranges? I think not. These criminals should not be in this country, and the taxpayers should not have this burden. We need to start billing the countries of origin for sending their miscreants to the U.S. to wreak havoc and clog our court systems.

Just curious…..are you a legal resident?
Your right, we shouldn't have this burden. But we do, and we keep paying while the Government does nothing. Who should we be protesting against, directly the illegal immigrants or the Government? The Government.

And no I'm not a legal resident, I descended from heaven and was thrust upon this earth to set forth common ground and inject logic into the feeble minded.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:02 PM

285 posts, read 899,117 times
I think the Government (President Bush) has only put a small band aid on severed artery of illegals coming in. He is 100% respondsible to secure all border states. He was the one after 9/11 wanting to stop terrorists by going to war in Iraq. But did he start the fix of the borders? He!! no. The term illegal aliens is just that and should be stopped.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,728,342 times
Quote:
Your right, we shouldn't have this burden. But we do, and we keep paying while the Government does nothing. Who should we be protesting against, directly the illegal immigrants or the Government? The Government.

And no I'm not a legal resident, I descended from heaven and was thrust upon this earth to set forth common ground and inject logic into the feeble minded.
Hhahahaha, be prepared to be accused on several occasions of being an illegal immigrant or an "anchor baby". Some of these people can't seem to get it through their heads that not every American suscribes to their strong hate towards illegal immigrants, they forget that Americans nominated candidates posters on here call "pro-illegal" and "traitors" . I guess it just hasn't clicked for them yet.

Again, great answer to such a stupid question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration