U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2008, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Our tax dollars are being squandered on courts costs for illegal aliens. Once a determination has been made that they are in fact illegal, they should be immediately deported. There should be no tax-funded lawyer, no tax-funded trial, and no tax-funded jail. Heck, they return in a few days anyway thanks to our porous borders.

Quote:
Immigration Cases in 5 Border Districts Make Up 75 Percent of Country's Felony Cases

Immigration-related felony trials have been on the rise for several years, straining the resources of courts and prisons from Texas to California and illustrating the difficulties of policing the country's primary point of entry for illegal immigrants and drugs.
ABC News: Busiest Judge Sentences 1,200 a Year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2008, 04:42 PM
 
16,704 posts, read 18,930,553 times
Reputation: 6804
Deportation is only a temporary fix because they keep coming back... put up physical barriers, deny non-emergency public service, stop anchor babies, and sanctions against those who employ illegal immigrants is a more comprehensive measure...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2008, 05:00 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,901,976 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Our tax dollars are being squandered on courts costs for illegal aliens. Once a determination has been made that they are in fact illegal, they should be immediately deported. There should be no tax-funded lawyer, no tax-funded trial, and no tax-funded jail. Heck, they return in a few days anyway thanks to our porous borders.



ABC News: Busiest Judge Sentences 1,200 a Year

Yes there are and yet the IA huggers insist they are just here looking for a better life.

The cost of all the chaos that they create should be deducted from the initial amount of foreign aid to their homeland. Or even better all foreign aid should be cut off until they (Mexico in particular) takes back it's nationals.

Of course I'm dreaming, they don't want them either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2008, 06:07 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 853,260 times
Reputation: 76
Wait OP, so who are you trying to blame here? The Government, that they do nothing to solve the problem? Or the immigrants for being here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Wait OP, so who are you trying to blame here? The Government, that they do nothing to solve the problem? Or the immigrants for being here?
They are BOTH culpable. If I fail to lock my front door, and a burglar enters and steals my valuables -- are you suggesting the burglar is “innocent” simply because I failed to secure my house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 11:34 AM
 
1,417 posts, read 853,260 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They are BOTH culpable. If I fail to lock my front door, and a burglar enters and steals my valuables -- are you suggesting the burglar is “innocent” simply because I failed to secure my house?
Apples and oranges. Unless you try to spin it in the way that "they pay no taxes and reap out benefits", but then again that's the Governments fault for not regulating their social services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Apples and oranges. Unless you try to spin it in the way that "they pay no taxes and reap out benefits", but then again that's the Governments fault for not regulating their social services.
Apples and oranges? I think not. These criminals should not be in this country, and the taxpayers should not have this burden. We need to start billing the countries of origin for sending their miscreants to the U.S. to wreak havoc and clog our court systems.

Just curious…..are you a legal resident?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 03:23 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 853,260 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Apples and oranges? I think not. These criminals should not be in this country, and the taxpayers should not have this burden. We need to start billing the countries of origin for sending their miscreants to the U.S. to wreak havoc and clog our court systems.

Just curious…..are you a legal resident?
Your right, we shouldn't have this burden. But we do, and we keep paying while the Government does nothing. Who should we be protesting against, directly the illegal immigrants or the Government? The Government.

And no I'm not a legal resident, I descended from heaven and was thrust upon this earth to set forth common ground and inject logic into the feeble minded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 09:02 PM
 
Location: KY
285 posts, read 792,698 times
Reputation: 66
I think the Government (President Bush) has only put a small band aid on severed artery of illegals coming in. He is 100% respondsible to secure all border states. He was the one after 9/11 wanting to stop terrorists by going to war in Iraq. But did he start the fix of the borders? He!! no. The term illegal aliens is just that and should be stopped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,794,116 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Your right, we shouldn't have this burden. But we do, and we keep paying while the Government does nothing. Who should we be protesting against, directly the illegal immigrants or the Government? The Government.

And no I'm not a legal resident, I descended from heaven and was thrust upon this earth to set forth common ground and inject logic into the feeble minded.
Hhahahaha, be prepared to be accused on several occasions of being an illegal immigrant or an "anchor baby". Some of these people can't seem to get it through their heads that not every American suscribes to their strong hate towards illegal immigrants, they forget that Americans nominated candidates posters on here call "pro-illegal" and "traitors" . I guess it just hasn't clicked for them yet.

Again, great answer to such a stupid question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top