U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 02:12 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times

Advertisements

How many school buses are not in use during the summer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 02:25 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
How many school buses are not in use during the summer?
More than enough...

Old 07-25-2008, 02:59 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
America goes from Canada all the way to Argentina.
Must be another proud graduate of the LAUSD.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:59 PM

2,441 posts, read 5,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
How honest is it to sneak into another country illegally? How honest is it to make up or 'use' someone else's Social Security number? How honest is it to take free breakfasts, lunches and medical paid for by the American taxpayers? How honest is it to pollute the atmosphere by getting a fraudulent inspection/emmissions sticker? How honest is it to get a fake car insurance ID and make others pay higher costs? How honest is it to violate zoning and occupancy laws and to make neighbors miserable?"

You fail to see the differentiating factors because you have not seen the massive changes in a short time that others here explain. 40,000 new Spanish-speaking students in my district in the last few years? The birthrate is high (70% of births at our taxpayer-funded public hospital are to illegals) but not that high.

Would you like for your kid to be swept aside as the school struggles with the tide?
I think it's honest to try to provide for your family. If you couldn't provide for your family wouldn't you try to do what you could, without physically harming others, to improve your life? You are fortunate enough to live in the United States where opportunity is just a step in any direction. You have no idea what it's like to live in a country where opportunity is absent.

You act as though everyone who enters this country here is a criminal and should be looked down upon. The only crime these [i]many [/I ]illegal immigrants commit is having to cross the border in order to support their families. Am I denying that there are some illegal immigrants who are drug smugglers, murderers, and rapists? Absolutely not. But, unlike you would have people believe, most illegal immigrants are not some sort of violent offenders who need to be kept in a contained area.

You CLEARLY fail to realize that half of illegal immigrant workers actually paid taxes last year. You CLEARLY fail to realize that MOST illegal immigrants cannot afford cars, and the one's who can drive the same cars as everyone else in this country. You CLEARLY fail to realize that illegal immigrants have ALWAYS been a part of this country, including their children, who have ALWAYS been in our public schools. It would probably not be very good if illegal immigrant children were forced to starve in school because you feel like paying a couple extra dollars a year to make sure they had food. You CLEARLY fail to realize that the strain drunken drivers and uninsured AMERICAN motorists also places a SEVERE strain on the insurance industry. Lastly, you CLEARLY fail to realize that you and everyone else in this country has the power to call police if you feel that zoning/occupancy standards are being violated.

Your arguments are nothing short of PURE speculation. You just told me that there were 40,000 new Spanish-speaking students in your district last year. Are they all illegal immigrants? How can you tell? Do you actually know there are MANY American citizens who do not speak English at home? If YOU feel like YOUR child is receiving a sub-standard education, it is YOUR responsibility to move YOUR child to a better school.

I would recommend to actually do some research other than listen to Lou Dobbs every night.

Lastly, please show me a reputable link stating that 70% of births at public hospital are to that of illegal immigrants.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:05 PM

"You CLEARLY fail to realize that MOST illegal immigrants cannot afford cars"

OK right there I know you haven't been around illegal aliens - or had your driveway blocked.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:06 PM

2,441 posts, read 5,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Because illegal immigrants are arrogant lawbreakers-------especially factoring in crimes like ID theft with are Felonies.

Moreover: the USA is a sovereign nation yet that cabal of losers in government/big business are de facto traitors selling out regular working class Americans.

So a bunch of 'yuppies' will have to pay market wages for the hired help-------tough.

Next question?
How are illegal immigrants arrogant? The only people who sound arrogant are these anti-illegal immigration proponents who somehow think they settled and own this country.

Yes, this is all one big conspiracy. No one is being sold out. I am a working American, and I am not being sold out.

You do realize that these "yuppies" will not hire as many people if they are forced to pay market wages. They may not hire anyone at all. Tell me how that will provide jobs to all these lazy Americans who claim that illegal immigrants have taken all the jobs.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:07 PM

"please show me a reputable link stating that 70% of births at public hospital are to that of illegal immigrants."

snopes.com: Parkland Memorial Hospital and Illegal Immigrants

"PURE speculation" ???

Old 07-25-2008, 03:09 PM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
It's ridiculous how they come over to have babies at our hospitals.. and then abuse the welfare system. In turn, hospitals get shut down.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:10 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
How are illegal immigrants arrogant? The only people who sound arrogant are these anti-illegal immigration proponents who somehow think they settled and own this country.

Yes, this is all one big conspiracy. No one is being sold out. I am a working American, and I am not being sold out.

You do realize that these "yuppies" will not hire as many people if they are forced to pay market wages. They may not hire anyone at all. Tell me how that will provide jobs to all these lazy Americans who claim that illegal immigrants have taken all the jobs.
I am not playing your game.

This I will say: if this nation 'needs' illegal immigrants to survive let alone prosper----------we do not deserve to exist.

Better yet:

How about building a fortified wall across our southern border: the former Iron Curtain in Europe did its intended job-------------difference was that the Communists wanted to keep their people in, not out.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:15 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
I for one don't believe illegals need to be "kept in a contained area" - I think they need to be kept AT HOME where they belong!

"...these anti-illegal immigration proponents who somehow think they settled and own this country." Yet another poster who thinks America is some borderless no man's land where certain people are allowed to come and go as they please....and that I as a taxpayer owe those illegals' children "a couple extra dollars a year" to make sure they are fed in school...guess what boy-o? If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em!!!! I have two of my own and work for a living like the rest of us fool taxpayers. And I'm not doing it so some shiftless slobs who aren't even living here legally can make litters of unwanted kids!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration