U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-25-2008, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I am sorry to hear about your child. I hope he or she is getting all the help they are entitled to. Early intervention seems to be helping some children quite a bit from what I have heard.
You are correct. Here is another issue. Doctors seem to be hesitant to take a stand and diagnose. To get the help you need you need concrete diagnosis.
The AMA- By the book doctors are to report adverse reactions to a given immunization. The problem. They gave 3 immunizations. Which one was it?
By the book they are to call a 1800# and report it. But how can you report what you don't know? only 12% make the call......
And yet still the AMA has no issue giving 3 or more immunizations at a time....
I apologize I am off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-25-2008, 11:04 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,720,122 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You are correct. Here is another issue. Doctors seem to be hesitant to take a stand and diagnose. To get the help you need you need concrete diagnosis.
The AMA- By the book doctors are to report adverse reactions to a given immunization. The problem. They gave 3 immunizations. Which one was it?
By the book they are to call a 1800# and report it. But how can you report what you don't know? only 12% make the call......
And yet still the AMA has no issue giving 3 or more immunizations at a time....
I apologize I am off topic.
If you want to move the discussion to another forum let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 11:08 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If you want to move the discussion to another forum let me know.
Sure sounds good to me. But I am embarassed to say I don't know how.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 11:26 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,720,122 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Are they still doing the small pox and and the rest of the ones that children had to have going to school? I think parents should be able to refuse any medication they have concerns with.
The last naturally acquired case of smallpox occurred in Somalia in 1977. Routinely immunizing children against smallpox was stopped in 1972 after it was determined the disease had been eradicated in the US. The risk of adverse events from the smallpox vaccine is sufficiently high that vaccination is not warranted if there is no or little real risk of exposure. Until recently, the U.S. government provided the vaccine only to a few hundred scientists and medical professionals working with smallpox and similar viruses in a research setting.
I cannot get into a discussion of herd immunity and the pros and cons of mandatory vaccination or I will be whacked over the head for going too far off topic. If you start a thread in another forum let me know and I'll throw my 2 cents worth in.

andreabeth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2008, 12:08 AM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,739,028 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
The last naturally acquired case of smallpox occurred in Somalia in 1977. Routinely immunizing children against smallpox was stopped in 1972 after it was determined the disease had been eradicated in the US. The risk of adverse events from the smallpox vaccine is sufficiently high that vaccination is not warranted if there is no or little real risk of exposure. Until recently, the U.S. government provided the vaccine only to a few hundred scientists and medical professionals working with smallpox and similar viruses in a research setting.
I cannot get into a discussion of herd immunity and the pros and cons of mandatory vaccination or I will be whacked over the head for going too far off topic. If you start a thread in another forum let me know and I'll throw my 2 cents worth in.

andreabeth
Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2008, 05:03 AM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,316,331 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
There is no anchor baby law. Its in the constitution.
Except for the fact that the constitution says that their children are not citizens. It just so happens that judges decided long ago to make it the law so they began making ridiculous judgements and proclaiming the children citizens when in fact they aren't. If one is to read the constitution as it is written one ould see that the jack pot baby stuff that illegals do is purely against our own constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2008, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 32,976,164 times
Reputation: 5540
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Jcan people really be that blinded by hate towards a group of people you don't even know?
I don't know any criminals but I can take a good guess that I would not like them if I knew them better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 10:51 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,640,529 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I don't know any criminals but I can take a good guess that I would not like them if I knew them better.
Sorry, Sassyone, but I agree with Synopsis here. "Not knowing" illegals, so having to assume 'they're all good' is just silly. For better or for worse, the cause of supporting illegals today has become the 'cause of choice'. It's fashionable, it's 'nice', and it causes normally rational people to simply lose their objectivity. People who would NEVER condone most illegal activity are somehow convinced that supporting the 'cause' of illegals is 'the right thing to do'....and will co0me up with any number of rationalizations to back this up. It's crazy.

Why does this happen? Who knows?...A sense of 'helping the underdog'?....for some, a sense of 'white guilt'?.....a general preference for those willing to 'break the rules'?...fascination with 'a foreign culture'? It would be impossible to even guess what motivates this...but it's obvious.

Such reasoning is made all the more irrational by the fact that it would work in NO OTHER situation. No one would expect a huge corporation to 'take on' new employees without an 'orientation' period. A university, a club, a trade, ...even a State Prison (!)..ALL require that 'new members' take the time to learn to 'fit in'...to learn 'how we do things'....what to 'do', and what 'not to do'. I can think of no situation in which anyone could just 'walk in off the street', and become part of ANYTHING.

Yet we sit here, with a 'straight face', and we insist (many of us) that people should be able to just 'sneak in', from any Third-World society, where they've never known any sort of 'respect for the law' (because their laws aren't worthy of respect)....where they've been raised to rely only on 'family', (because, where they come from, society-at-large is 'the enemy'), and where one is taught to 'take care of number one',(because nobody else will), and that 'the system' is corrupt, and the 'cops' (in their experience) are just uniformed thugs.....And we then try to make the assertion that these folks can just "fit right in" and can "become good, law-abiding Americans"

Well, that's just nonsense..and the ONLY way we can make that case, is to say that "America really HAS no culture...it's anything anyone WANTS it to be, and no one should HAVE to 'fit in', because it's not neccessary that they do"....which, of course, is just MORE nonsense.

Bottom line is, when Third-World people arrive in a First-World society....and they get no "orientation period" (which they certainly WON'T get, if they're illegal, and aren't even officially 'here'), then for all practical purposes, they're still 'Third-World people'. If nobody 'teaches them' how to live in this society, then it should be no surprise to anyone that they don't make the transition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
Reputation: 6517
Mac you are the king of perfect posts. Well said and very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Mac you are the king of perfect posts. Well said and very true.
I second that! It is beyond my realm of comprehension, how anyone could possibly argue with such unadulterated logic. It would have to require an extreme level of obstinacy, and/or meticulous brainwashing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top