U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:28 AM

1,417 posts, read 852,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
There are ways
The jist of what I'm saying is we as Americans have the right to protest, its just that Anti-illegals are barking at the wrong tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 11:39 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
I guess I thought the US prided itself on being different from Europe.
Considering how the illegals have abused birthright citizenship------it is past time to put a stop to it (grandfather in the existing Anchor Babies but no new births to parents who are both illegal)

Old 07-24-2008, 01:36 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,788,600 times
Jimjames since you want to legalize the ones here, in your estimation should they have to pass a test in English or should we just continue to be forced to learn their language?

Old 07-24-2008, 01:54 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
So you do not want people born in US to have the rights of Citizenship? Um just like Europe was ...
Yes suzieo2 they no longer want the babies born here with illegal parents
to have automatic citizenship for the babies, of which they are now U.S. citizens when they are born.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:06 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Jimjames since you want to legalize the ones here, in your estimation should they have to pass a test in English or should we just continue to be forced to learn their language?
Who is forcing you to learn their language?

Old 07-24-2008, 02:09 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,089,074 times
how about the people who hire customer service representatives who don't know the language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Who is forcing you to learn their language?

Old 07-24-2008, 02:15 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Yes suzieo2 they no longer want the babies born here with illegal parents
to have automatic citizenship for the babies
, of which they are now U.S. citizens when they are born.
Youíre absolutely right! The 14th Amendment has been manipulated and abused to the max, and U.S. citizens have had enough. Its original intent was to ensure citizenship to children born to former slaves. It was not intended to be used by illegal aliens to gain freebies and sponsorship.

Itís despicable that illegal aliens deliberately breed in this country, or illegally cross our borders 8 or 9 months pregnant for the sole purpose of taking advantage of U.S. benefits. I consider them as reprehensible as a person who would sell their child on the black market. They are both using a child for profit.

The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution

Old 07-24-2008, 02:19 PM

29 posts, read 151,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
An example of the weak argument.

How is the term "undocumented worker" wrong? How is it propaganda? Its a neutral term. About as neutral as it gets. But its not evil sounding enough, huh?
Are they working? yes.
are they undocumented? yes.
are they immigrants? yes...but illegal immigrants!
yeah..so theyre immigrants who came here illegally.. No! theyre illegal immigrants! Theres a HUGE difference!

But theyre not undocumented workers! It..it doesnt sound bad enough! Aliens is better!

Who cares? They all mean the same thing.

This post was pretty on point, but its not going to sway any opinion. People are going to keep hating, without admitting they are hating, and they are going to be doing it based on hearsay and news reports instead of anything that has directly affected them.
Kudos AMC760!

Old 07-24-2008, 02:20 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You’re absolutely right! The 14th Amendment has been manipulated and abused to the max, and U.S. citizens have had enough. Its original intent was to ensure citizenship to children born to former slaves. It was not intended to be used by illegal aliens to gain freebies and sponsorship.

It’s despicable that illegal aliens deliberately breed in this country, or illegally cross our borders 8 or 9 months pregnant for the sole purpose of taking advantage of U.S. benefits. I consider them as reprehensible as a person who would sell their child on the black market. They are both using a child for profit.

The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution
Kudos! I couldn't agree more. It is not possible for two illegal aliens to produce an American child. It defies all logic and reasoning.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-24-2008 at 02:42 PM..

Old 07-24-2008, 02:33 PM

3,827 posts, read 3,760,495 times
Default Good post JimJames

Researched, thought-out and compassionate... not sure what it's doing on this forum, too many facts to confuse the haters.

I just don't know when/how it's ever going to ebb and be sustainable. BTW, do you have any stats on illegal's birth rates? Because this is what scares me, the last thing this country needs is more people (despite what the economic-based opinions are). I fear the majority of this group, comes here and urgently starts breeding (getting them, and certainly the kids one step closer to citizenship).

I'm afraid one day the predicted/possible killer virus is going to be needed, Mother Nature may have to take matters into her own hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration