Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:10 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,725,554 times

Advertisements

Guess how many think that the "invasion" is the most important problem facing the U.S?

2%

http://surveys.ap.org/data/Ipsos/nat...opline_MIP.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 09:41 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,372,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Guess how many think that the "invasion" is the most important problem facing the U.S?

2%

http://surveys.ap.org/data/Ipsos/nat...opline_MIP.pdf
Wowza . . . . . . NOT. The outcome of a poll is dictated by the population being polled.

As far we know this one could have been done in the White House.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:30 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,499,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Wowza . . . . . . NOT. The outcome of a poll is dictated by the population being polled.

Or in Mexico.

I doubt that we would have unprecedented enactment of state laws to combat illegal immigration if a mere 2% of the populace considered it important. The evidence highly contradicts this.

BTW, I have NEVER been contacted to vote on a poll. Have you? As a matter of fact, I can’t think of ONE person I’ve spoken with who has participated.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:31 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,150,068 times
Quote:

Isn't Immigration Watchdog full of bias polls? I mean people go to the website to read on the negative effects of illegal immigration, why would they read the content when it says "Most Americans don't care about immigration"?

Old 07-24-2008, 11:21 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,334,029 times
If even ONE American citizen who has to pay for these freeloaders objects to it, then no illegals should be allowed.

The American people did not agree to pay for them. I object - the pro-illegal crowd can pay for them.

If you want them and have no objection, PAY for them. That's fine with the rest of us who are anti-illegal. That way, there would be a lot less illegals.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
If even ONE American citizen who has to pay for these freeloaders objects to it, then no illegals should be allowed.

The American people did not agree to pay for them. I object - the pro-illegal crowd can pay for them.

If you want them and have no objection, PAY for them. That's fine with the rest of us who are anti-illegal. That way, there would be a lot less illegals.
We're all created equal-- if we're born in the U.S. So we must bare the burden . Even though I think most social programs should be cut off from the sole purpose of people abusing them. Most being American.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Or in Mexico.

I doubt that we would have unprecedented enactment of state laws to combat illegal immigration if a mere 2% of the populace considered it important. The evidence highly contradicts this.

BTW, I have NEVER been contacted to vote on a poll. Have you? As a matter of fact, I can’t think of ONE person I’ve spoken with who has participated.
Agreed

Mind reader Seriously, to answer your question no, I have never been contacted/polled. I was going to add that very comment to my post but figured why bother since the only response from the OP would be a change in the topic or an impartial justification masquerading as a reply.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:41 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,291,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post

Agreed

Old 07-24-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Isn't Immigration Watchdog full of bias polls? I mean people go to the website to read on the negative effects of illegal immigration, why would they read the content when it says "Most Americans don't care about immigration"?
The fact that they are polls in and of itself dictates a degree of bias. Even those polls that may or may not target a race/gender specific populations are only going to illicit a response from "X' amount of people.

A totally unbiased poll would be solicitation of an entire population (regardless of race/gender) and of course we all know that never happens.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
The fact that they are polls in and of itself dictates a degree of bias. Even those polls that may or may not target a race/gender specific populations are only going to illicit a response from "X' amount of people.

A totally unbiased poll would be solicitation of an entire population (regardless of race/gender) and of course we all know that never happens.
Yeah you're absolutely correct. But there is nothing like riling up people by jacking up polls another 20% LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration