U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 11:24 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
And that spit is non-retractable. In doing so they have conjured up feelings that I haven't felt in a very long time.
Agreed; and you are certainly NOT alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 11:26 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,694,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I was just wondering if anyone would be more accepting of illegals if they respected the American taxpayers who support them, instead of spitting in our faces, so to speak?

What if they showed gratitude and thanked us for everything we give them - schooling for their kids including ESL, healthcare, food stamps, welfare, WIC, etc?
--------

1- I have no problem with hard working people and most are the problem is some are not its suicide its insane to say "come on in we dont know who you are but will risk it"

The drugs are pouring via the border its a tsunami of drug import . Drug money equals gangs-destruction of neighborhoods and ofcourse destroyed people,families.

2- America only has so much money . I subscribe to free health care for CITIZENs who dont have it as in long run its cheaper than emergency clinics among other reasons.

If we provide free health care for Mexico and other areas of Latin America than we will never provide it for North America as the funds are simply not here .

I know a woman in the area . She is illegal from Venezuala came on temp Visa has been here 10 yrs past it .

She has gone to emergency clinic 3 times for bad headacahes. She had MRI ,treatment ,etc and recently moved back to Venezuala .

We paid for this can a citizen get a free MRI and health care ? Dont misconstrue what I am saying she is a HUMAN BEING glad she is fine but Citizens wind up paying for this .
Those that are pro illrgal immigration are total liars when they say they dont get free health care I know they do as know other cases here .

American citizens who PAY for this must have priority but "our" bought and paid for politicians dont think so.

It truly isnt possible to continue paying this bill its unfair to citizens and again since I feel Citizens should get free health care it will never happen its impossible since we are providing free care for NON Citizens .

Politicians in USA have chosen Non citizens over Citizens for reasons that IMO are obvious.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:33 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,089,074 times
my biggest problem with illegals is with the ones who don't pay taxes. if you are going to use federally funded goods and services, at least help pay for them. this is easily solved by passing the national sales tax known as the fair tax. this should be a no brainer.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:25 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,990,362 times
My biggest problem with illegals, be they Mexican, Chinese. Polish, Russian or Americans in other countries is that they are illegal. The very nature of the word indicates a form of criminal behavior, be it minor or not. This makes it easy for many to commit a second illegal act then a third etc. Illegal is illegal and it is a crime, large or small is unimportant . Were it not a criminal it would be called legal.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:32 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,788,600 times
Exactly. It's the attitude that our laws don't have to be followed by them once they're here which angers me even more. You would think they would be grateful instead of making demands. Here they are demanding we change the name of the downtown street where they had their protest march.

Years ago when the numbers were much smaller I think most people just kind of shrugged even though they wanted immigration laws enforced. With the millions upon millions coming now, it has truly been a huge burden. Not to mention the post 9-11 concerns.

When you start talking about someone's home being devalued and no longer being enjoyable due to rude illegal neighbors, people get very upset and frustrated.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:35 PM

219 posts, read 378,598 times
It starts with asking permission to be here in the first place!!!!! After that we can talk.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:36 PM

394 posts, read 896,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. It's would merely be another con job anyway. These people showed their true colors when they marched down American streets waiving the Mexican rag, chanting in spanish and using their anchors to carry threatening signs.

In doing so they have conjured up feelings that I haven't felt in a very long time.

And that spit? Is non-retractable.
agreed, once apon a time i was on the fence [sort of] on the issue, but between the marches, the signs, the crimes and the attitudes, MY attitude changed in a big way.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:40 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Exactly. It's the attitude that our laws don't have to be followed by them once they're here which angers me even more. You would think they would be grateful instead of making demands. Here they are demanding we change the name of the downtown street where they had their protest march.

Years ago when the numbers were much smaller I think most people just kind of shrugged even though they wanted immigration laws enforced. With the millions upon millions coming now, it has truly been a huge burden. Not to mention the post 9-11 concerns.

When you start talking about someone's home being devalued and no longer being enjoyable due to rude illegal neighbors, people get very upset and frustrated.
If you live by illegals, why don't you turn them in?

Old 07-25-2008, 11:58 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,133,751 times
I would much rather they respect and obey the laws of the USA.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:25 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
ESL is not geared to just illegals, and illegals can't legally receive welfare themselves.
The operative word there is legally. Of course we know that many do receive welfare and such by using fake or forged documents and having their pot lock children like they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or