U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:13 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
agreed, once apon a time i was on the fence [sort of] on the issue, but between the marches, the signs, the crimes and the attitudes, MY attitude changed in a big way.
Line for line: my attitude has hardened as well against those lawbreakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. It's would merely be another con job anyway. These people showed their true colors when they marched down American streets waiving the Mexican rag, chanting in spanish and using their anchors to carry threatening signs.

In doing so they have conjured up feelings that I haven't felt in a very long time.

And that spit? Is non-retractable.
Let me guess:

Today's pro illegal immigrant protesters are the children/grandchildren of Sheriff Bull Connor and the old White Citizen's League of the Jim Crow days?

And; this ol' 'White boy' (myself) in a way feels like what a 1950's Negro went through.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:03 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Let me guess:

Today's pro illegal immigrant protesters are the children/grandchildren of Sheriff Bull Connor and the old White Citizen's League of the Jim Crow days?

And; this ol' 'White boy' (myself) in a way feels like what a 1950's Negro went through.
Exxxxxxxaaaaaacctly. However, I have a feeling that with every illegal alien crime that we read about, the racial divisions between Americans will fall dramatically. One of the few positives with regards to this illegal alien invasion is the fact that the majority of us on both sides of the racial divide have a great love of America and that is the tie that binds. It crosses all the boundaries.

Funny Story: I usually catch the Metra to go to work (downtown Chicago). On the day of the marches in 2006 I had to drive down because my son was catching an Amtrak into Union station from school. Illegals were bused in from all over the US and there were thousands of them marching chanting and demanding crap in spanish while being proteced by the CPD. I was in the lane next to a group of white tatooed bikers and we were all P.O.'d.

Normally, I would have never spoken to a group of white tatooed bikers let alone joked with them. We all began taunting the traffic cops and screaming at the marchers to get out of our country. Eventually we all struck up a hilarious conversation about the invasion and actually bonded during the 1 hour we were stuck in traffic.

WE SHALL OVER COME!!!!!

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-26-2008 at 12:19 PM..

Old 07-27-2008, 12:49 AM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Let me guess:

WHAT????? hahah, oh man. That tops it all.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:14 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,962,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
What if they showed gratitude and thanked us for everything we give them - schooling for their kids including ESL, healthcare, food stamps, welfare, WIC, etc?
Just have an issue with this statement. Illegal immigrants have since 1996 been ineligible to receive those benefits you state, especially welfare and foodstamps.

The only thing they are able to receive is K-12 education and emergency medical care.

And remember that most do indeed sales taxes and personal income taxes. It is a myth that illegal immigrants do not contribute tax revenue. What amount is a different argument.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:19 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,962,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
--------

The drugs are pouring via the border its a tsunami of drug import . Drug money equals gangs-destruction of neighborhoods and ofcourse destroyed people,families.

This I have issue with as well. The United States is the world's largest market for illicit drugs. The root of the problem is insatiable American demand, not the supply. Of course attacking the real driver of the problem is not politically expedient.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:04 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Just have an issue with this statement. Illegal immigrants have since 1996 been ineligible to receive those benefits you state, especially welfare and foodstamps.

The only thing they are able to receive is K-12 education and emergency medical care.

And remember that most do indeed sales taxes and personal income taxes. It is a myth that illegal immigrants do not contribute tax revenue. What amount is a different argument.

You seem to have issues with many things posted in this forum. Well, many illegals do receive the benefits that you say they are not allowed to. It really doesn't seem to matter what the law states at all when it comes to illegals. Many do contribute but not near their fair share when it comes to taxes. Why do you care so much for law breakers anyway?

Old 07-27-2008, 08:32 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,890,687 times
In Texas alone, the illegals cost us 5 billion annually. In California, the folks pay double that, about 10 billion. No small chunk change. I cannot find total tallies for all the states, but one estimate gave over 300 billion dollars cost to the United States for allowing them entrance.

FAIR: Costs of Illegal Immigration to Texans: Executive Summary

Old 07-27-2008, 08:38 AM

16,700 posts, read 18,909,509 times
I rather they showed respect to the people who come here legally and have to wait in long times and pay several thousand dollars for the privilege of being here... for me and most Americans, we are like gas station owners... legal immigrants are waiting in line to get gas and illegal immigrants are the ones who are cutting in line and demand that we "give" them free gas as well... that is incredibly disrespectful fo the people who wait in line... and have to wait and to pay for that gas themselves...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or