U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2008, 01:00 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

On Wednesday, Wade stopped Carmina Perez, 72, of Antioch, on Interstate 40 just west of Camden. Wade said he pulled Perez’s vehicle over around 6:52 a.m.

Striker alerted Wade to a black bag which contained $14,869 in probable drug proceeds. After a four-hour investigation, Wade determined the money was “dirty” and seized it.

No drugs were found in the vehicle and no charges were filed on Perez, but the incident is still under investigation.

“Everything we asked this woman, she just would not tell the truth,” Wade said.

“If the money is legit, the easiest thing to do is tell the truth.”

He said the woman, a native of Mexico who is in the United States on a permit, was convicted in 2000 of smuggling drugs across the Mexican border.

The seizure brings the total amount seized by Wade and Striker to about $84,000 in the last 60 days.



It's clear she wasn't here looking for better life. Why wasn't she jailed on illegal re-entry charges?

The Paris Post-Intelligencer > News > Local News > Big bucks seized during traffic stop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2008, 01:11 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
On Wednesday, Wade stopped Carmina Perez, 72, of Antioch, on Interstate 40 just west of Camden. Wade said he pulled Perez’s vehicle over around 6:52 a.m.

Striker alerted Wade to a black bag which contained $14,869 in probable drug proceeds. After a four-hour investigation, Wade determined the money was “dirty” and seized it.

No drugs were found in the vehicle and no charges were filed on Perez, but the incident is still under investigation.

“Everything we asked this woman, she just would not tell the truth,” Wade said.

“If the money is legit, the easiest thing to do is tell the truth.”

He said the woman, a native of Mexico who is in the United States on a permit, was convicted in 2000 of smuggling drugs across the Mexican border.

The seizure brings the total amount seized by Wade and Striker to about $84,000 in the last 60 days.



It's clear she wasn't here looking for better life. Why wasn't she jailed on illegal re-entry charges?

The Paris Post-Intelligencer > News > Local News > Big bucks seized during traffic stop
That’s an excellent question. Could it be she has connections in “high” places?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
He said the woman, a native of Mexico who is in the United States on a permit, was convicted in 2000 of smuggling drugs across the Mexican border.

The seizure brings the total amount seized by Wade and Striker to about $84,000 in the last 60 days.


It's clear she wasn't here looking for better life. Why wasn't she jailed on illegal re-entry charges?
Look closely....the answer is in the quote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 01:52 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Look closely....the answer is in the quote.
That's not the answer she wants to see.

Quote:

He said the woman, a native of Mexico who is in the United States on a permit,
To some, people here LEGALLY are incapable of breaking the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 01:54 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
On Wednesday, Wade stopped Carmina Perez, 72, of Antioch, on Interstate 40 just west of Camden. Wade said he pulled Perez’s vehicle over around 6:52 a.m.

Striker alerted Wade to a black bag which contained $14,869 in probable drug proceeds. After a four-hour investigation, Wade determined the money was “dirty” and seized it.

No drugs were found in the vehicle and no charges were filed on Perez, but the incident is still under investigation.

“Everything we asked this woman, she just would not tell the truth,” Wade said.

“If the money is legit, the easiest thing to do is tell the truth.”

He said the woman, a native of Mexico who is in the United States on a permit, was convicted in 2000 of smuggling drugs across the Mexican border.

The seizure brings the total amount seized by Wade and Striker to about $84,000 in the last 60 days.


It's clear she wasn't here looking for better life. Why wasn't she jailed on illegal re-entry charges?

The Paris Post-Intelligencer > News > Local News > Big bucks seized during traffic stop
Too bad she was here LEGALLY... where is your reading comprehension? Or are you just quick to blame illegal immigrants for everything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
I think a better question is: Why was she granted a permit to enter this country?

Quote:
He said the woman, a native of Mexico who is in the United States on a permit, was convicted in 2000 of smuggling drugs across the Mexican border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I think a better question is: Why was she granted a permit to enter this country?
That is the better question...why is a convicted felon allowed to be in the US legally? was a family member dying? does she have connections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
That is the better question...why is a convicted felon allowed to be in the US legally? was a family member dying? does she have connections?
ITA! Something smells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 02:21 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That’s an excellent question. Could it be she has connections in “high” places?
More likely than not because something is definitely wrong with this picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 02:25 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Too bad she was here LEGALLY... where is your reading comprehension? Or are you just quick to blame illegal immigrants for everything?
My comprehension is just fine. The fact that she had a prior conviction in the US should have barred her from re-entry.

She should not have been allowed to come back to the US. Thus my question why was she allowed to re-enter.

Got anymore stupid questions? Even if you do, don't count on my response your little game of gotcha (when it's never legitimate) is not only old but annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top